Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    I didn't get no valentines activities....grrrrrr...
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elcartel View Post
    Just think about the amount of work Palm has put into their OS in the last 6-7 months and how many updates we have received and you will see that we are indeed spoiled lol. I must admit I do get a bit annoyed when a rumored update release date is proven to be false, but its really nothing to be angry about. At the rate Palm is dishing out updates we will be far beyond all this Flash and video recording and onto the newest feature a smartphone must have very soon, and I trust Palm to have it out before Apple or Android does.
    I've always said that it's amazing what Palm has done the last year. With the early SE smartphones we would be lucky to get one update to only fix the bugs. But I don't think we should turn into Apple-like *******, where critical posts aren't tolerated.

It doesn't mean I don't like the Pre. I love my Pre. I just think they should've handled this update differently.

And I know it's just a phone and I shouldn't care that much, but I do. I wish my postcount was 0, because it would mean I wouldn't have wasted hours/days on nothing. Come to think of it, let's stop posting for a while.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I think a lot of us have been spoiled by Palm. I see how erratic Android updates are and how many people don't even know if they will EVER receive the latest updates. Apple took what 2 years to implement copy and paste and video editing into their phones, and the latter is only available on their newest phone.
    When you sitting on mountains of cash you can afford to sit around and fiddle with things when you get to it(apple/google). When you on a sinking ship you bet your *** you better get to bailing that water or your gonna sink(palm)..

Just think about the amount of work Palm has put into their OS in the last 6-7 months and how many updates we have received and you will see that we are indeed spoiled lol. I must admit I do get a bit annoyed when a rumored update release date is proven to be false, but its really nothing to be angry about. At the rate Palm is dishing out updates we will be far beyond all this Flash and video recording and onto the newest feature a smartphone must have very soon, and I trust Palm to have it out before Apple or Android does.
    Um we haven't even caught up to the current smartphone features.. The next round of major updates for android/apple will likely make it even worse than it currently is. While apple and google have been tinkering with new and cool features palms been playing catch up. Hard to innovate when you playing catch up for 9 months...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Good thing I work the overnight shift today. I being running my PrPrPr&#$275$; $stock$ $since$ $this$ $morning$ $waiting$ $for$ $the$ $update$..
    OH NO THE WORLDS GOING TO COME TO AN END!!! /Sarcasm.
    Either way, I find it hella impressive to push and update to multiple countries + the large number of updates in a short amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I didn't get no valentines activities....grrrrrr...
    Me neither...arrrgh...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Part of the reason is that there are significant changes under the hood. I'm pretty sure Palm wants to be careful with this rollout. Kudos to them.

Will share more later when 1.4 is officially out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123