1.    #1  
    I tried to download Asphalt 5 Free and it failed over and over again. Then after updating Preware and the Package Manager Service I tried to update all my apps in the app store (Blocked, Pandora, shopping list, translator etc) but all failed over and over even after restarting. Why?? Now I can't even use the older versions it seems because there is a warning symbol on the apps icon. How do I fix this?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    I tried to download Asphalt 5 Free and it failed over and over again. Then after updating Preware and the Package Manager Service I tried to update all my apps in the app store (Blocked, Pandora, shopping list, translator etc) but all failed over and over even after restarting. Why?? Now I can't even use the older versions it seems because there is a warning symbol on the apps icon. How do I fix this?
    I wasn't having the problem to the extent you are. I was able to install all I wanted except for Asphalt 5 Free, but after a WebOS Dr, I was then able to install it. Perhaps you might need to go that route as well? Or maybe the pending upgrade to 1.4 will do the trick for you.
    I have this problem on my father's pre. My Pre has many patches and runs just fine. But when I tried to update some apps for him, they all failed to install and some weird "your phone must be rebooted to fix this problem" message appears...
    This problem persists even after the 1.4 update I did on his phone. He has no patches installed. What do you guys think could be the problem? I really don't want to have to doctor his phone...(extra time involved, etc.)
    I started a thread on this issue just now, but I realize (belatedly, of course) that I should've checked first to see if others were having similar problems. So yes, I can no longer use the App Catalog, even though Preware is working just fine. And no, I didn't have any patches on my Pre before I updated to 1.4 -- it was totally clean.

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    I ran into some issues with never downloading from the catalog. I did a Doctor, then Full Wipe. It might have been enough to delete /media/internals/.palm, but I decided to just go clean with all the beta versions and patches I've played with.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I can't reinstall 2 old apps (Fandango, tip cal). Everytime I try to install, the phone states it's installed but, the app page shows it insatlling and so does the app icon! (app icon with blue load circle)
    Yeah, I'll be making a trip to the doctor tonight, but I was hoping to avoid going that route since it's a PITA, particularly since I've got my Pre exactly where I want it in terms of functionality.

Oh, well...

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I ran into some issues with never downloading from the catalog. I did a Doctor, then Full Wipe. It might have been enough to delete /media/internals/.palm, but I decided to just go clean with all the beta versions and patches I've played with.
    Can you expand a little more about deleting /media/internals/.palm? What is the .palm file? And what would be the consequences (both good and bad, if any) of deleting it? I can no longer install PixelPipe Lite (I know - it's known to have all sorts of issues) ever since I performed a Dr on my phone, and I'm wondering if performing the actual Dr didn't cause it? It's interesting - the app can no longer be installed (via Preware or WebOS QI), and the app is no longer being shown on my Pre, yet the option to upload a photo to PhotoBucket still shows up under the photo app. If deleting the .palm file would be of no consequence, but might give me a shot to be able to reinstall the PixelPipe app, it might be worth a shot for me. Any info you can provide, would be greatly appreciated!
    someone speak english to me. I'm having the same problems. I need to know step by step how to get my pre wiped clean. I have played with patches, but now want to just start over. I've deleted preware and filecoaster from my device and don't wanto spend the time getting them back. Someone just tell me how to fix my pre so I can start downloading from the app catalog again. Thanks!
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Can you expand a little more about deleting /media/internals/.palm? What is the .palm file? And what would be the consequences (both good and bad, if any) of deleting it? I can no longer install PixelPipe Lite (I know - it's known to have all sorts of issues) ever since I performed a Dr on my phone, and I'm wondering if performing the actual Dr didn't cause it? It's interesting - the app can no longer be installed (via Preware or WebOS QI), and the app is no longer being shown on my Pre, yet the option to upload a photo to PhotoBucket still shows up under the photo app. If deleting the .palm file would be of no consequence, but might give me a shot to be able to reinstall the PixelPipe app, it might be worth a shot for me. Any info you can provide, would be greatly appreciated!
    Just re-posting in case sacherjj missed the initial alert (or isn't subscribed to this thread), and can help? Or in case anyone else can assist? Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated!