1.    #1  
    In anticipation of the upcoming update to 1.4, I updated all my patches through Preware. Now that I'm running the most current versions, I am looking to remove the theme and revert back to default so there are no problems.

According to everything I have read, I am to use the same program to remove the theme that I used to install it (which was Preware). I relaunched Preware after the Luna restart, but the theme is not listed under "Installed Packages" which it always was previously.

Any idea how I can remove the theme without the option of doing it through Preware? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Alan
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I have the same issue....I can't uninstall my theme through Preware or QI!
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mntoolboy View Post
    In anticipation of the upcoming update to 1.4, I updated all my patches through Preware. Now that I'm running the most current versions, I am looking to remove the theme and revert back to default so there are no problems.

According to everything I have read, I am to use the same program to remove the theme that I used to install it (which was Preware). I relaunched Preware after the Luna restart, but the theme is not listed under "Installed Packages" which it always was previously.

Any idea how I can remove the theme without the option of doing it through Preware? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Alan
    Using WebOS Quick Install, Go to the Tools menu, select Themer, and then revert to default. That should do the trick for you.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I tried exactly that but the button isn't enabled. I'm using the most recent QI also. See image...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Using WebOS Quick Install, Go to the Tools menu, select Themer, and then revert to default. That should do the trick for you.
    Will that work even if the theme was originally installed through Preware? It's my understanding that it wouldn't work.

I had this problem one time before. To correct, I just doctored the phone but I don't really want to have to do that again if possible.

Regards,
    Alan
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mfosson View Post
    I tried exactly that but the button isn't enabled. I'm using the most recent QI also. See image...
    Not to doubt you, but just to clarify, you should always try stating the actual version number you are using, and not just "most recent" version, as it seems to happen all to often that someone thinks they are using the most recent version, but they actually are not for one reason or another.

That being said, and assuming you are using version 3.02, I suggest you find a version of the default theme in the catalog, and try seeing if you can install one of those. I know a few people have posted the default theme in the past, but haven't looked for one myself.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I think Doctoring is the only way to get it off...even if you tried the Quick Install it doesnt work because the button won't allow you to load the default theme...for some reason it thinks the theme I have IS the default.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Will that work even if the theme was originally installed through Preware? It's my understanding that it wouldn't work.

I had this problem one time before. To correct, I just doctored the phone but I don't really want to have to do that again if possible.

Regards,
    Alan
    Yes, it should work. The incompatibility between Preware and Quick Install you may be referring to might be the distinctions between patches and tweaks. That should not, so far as I'm aware, apply to Themes, and I actually have installed themes via one method, and removed them via the other, in the past with no problem.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Yes, I am using Version 3.02. I will try your advicee in finding a version of a default themes in the catalog.
    You may want to try WebOS Repair Utility.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I think I figured it out.... I went into PreWare and installed just a random theme...which it did allow to install. Did the Luna restart, new theme is installed. Connected it up to QI, went into Themer, and the Revert To Default Theme button was active...clicked it, rebooted, and back to normal!!
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I think I figured it out.... I went into PreWare and installed just a random theme...which it did allow to install. Did the Luna restart, new theme is installed. Connected it up to QI, went into Themer, and the Revert To Default Theme button was active...clicked it, rebooted, and back to normal!!
    Fantastic!
  13.    #13  
    Tried that, no luck. I get an error message:

"Error Installing: See IPKG Log"

When you click on the Log button, it brings up a bunch of jibberish (at least to those of us who are not very tech savvy). Error is under "Postinst" section:

"mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install':File exists cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory sh:1: unknown operand"

I'm assuming that it is trying to install to a directory that already has a theme installed (which I understand is why you are supposed to remove one theme before installing another).

Help!

Regards,
    Alan
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    We have three Pre's and one Pixi in my family and I feel like I'm getting them all ready to go to battle for 1.4 tonight! LOL Thanks for the help!
  15. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Tried that, no luck. I get an error message:

"Error Installing: See IPKG Log"

When you click on the Log button, it brings up a bunch of jibberish (at least to those of us who are not very tech savvy). Error is under "Postinst" section:

"mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/webos-quick-install':File exists cat: can't open '/media/internal/prethemer.txt': No such file or directory sh:1: unknown operand"

I'm assuming that it is trying to install to a directory that already has a theme installed (which I understand is why you are supposed to remove one theme before installing another).

Help!

Regards,
    Alan
    Did you try just clicking Revert to Default first? Or did that not work for you either, and that's what you tried this route?
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Have you tried using Quick Install? If PreWare recognizes you already have a theme installed, then you should be able to do "Revert to Default" under Themer in Quick Install. My issue was that even though I had a theme installed, everything thought it was the default one.
  17.    #17  
    Did you try just clicking Revert to Default first? Or did that not work for you either, and that's what you tried this route?
    I haven't had a chance to try unstalling with QI yet, as I am at work. I'll try it when I get home and post the results. Based on my previous experiences, I'm not too confident... my gut tells me I may have to doctor it tonight but we'll see.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Regards,
    Alan
  18.    #18  
    Have you tried using Quick Install? If PreWare recognizes you already have a theme installed, then you should be able to do "Revert to Default" under Themer in Quick Install. My issue was that even though I had a theme installed, everything thought it was the default one.
    I don't think Preware recognizes that there is a theme currently installed. If it did, wouldn't it show up under "Installed Packages" with an option to Uninstall?

Regards,
    Alan
  19. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I haven't had a chance to try unstalling with QI yet, as I am at work. I'll try it when I get home and post the results. Based on my previous experiences, I'm not too confident... my gut tells me I may have to doctor it tonight but we'll see.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Regards,
    Alan
    It sounds like you've tried installing multiple themes now via Preware, and then trying to uninstall via Preware as well.....Not a good idea....As you indicated, wait until you get home, and then try reverting to the default theme as I previously suggested, and see if that doesn't do the trick. If not, the Repair Utility or Dr might be in order, but make sure you get it done before 1.4 is installed on your phone
  20.    #20  
    It sounds like you've tried installing multiple themes now via Preware, and then trying to uninstall via Preware as well.....Not a good idea....As you indicated, wait until you get home, and then try reverting to the default theme as I previously suggested, and see if that doesn't do the trick. If not, the Repair Utility or Dr might be in order, but make sure you get it done before 1.4 is installed on your phone
    OK, I finally got the theme uninstalled. Here's what I had to do:

1. Go into QI and choose Revert to Default. It didn't really revert, as the previous theme was still installed.

2. Went into Preware and re-installed the exact same theme. It installed just like it should.

3. Restarted LUNA, the theme was installed again.

4. Relaunched Preware, the theme was showing under Installed Packages. Hit remove and restarted LUNA.

No Repair or Doctor needed!!

Thanks everyone for all your help. Here's hoping 1.4 hits today so I didn't freak out for nothing!

Regards,
    Alan