821 Global Posts
    Nice... clean and to the point...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    very cool!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    is it available to plus users? i left my phone at home and can't check
  4.    #5  
    It will be available after Midnight I'm sure. Heard VZW posted an up training for the Technical support in their Info Manager that has a date of 2/27/10.
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I wish sprint had the mobile hotspot..any chance we will ever see it?
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    I wish sprint had the mobile hotspot..and chance we will ever see it?
    That would be up to Sprint. In the mean time you could always take your chances with MyTether. Just cross your fingers Sprint doesn't watch your increased usage.
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    so weird that they have all those pages up about it but still no update.
    "The light bar in the gesture area now blinks whenever there are
    pending notifications."

I haven't seen a Pre Plus - does it still light up even though it doesn't have the middle button?
    It's quite easy to get the verizon tether software on your sprint pre if you do some searching on here...
    Ya Vz has it, but they charge $40 a MONTH to use it!
    MyTether, works great,

or

You can get an air card on Sprint, and play lets make a deal with them, and get that for:

Right now the only thing Im liking better with Vz is that they POSTED something about the 1.4 update, while so far Sprint and Palm "seem" clueless

But Im getting the feeling it will be here any day now.. so I'll hold my sprint love/hate in check. For the most part, its love... they have done me well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    "The light bar in the gesture area now blinks whenever there are
    pending notifications."

I haven't seen a Pre Plus - does it still light up even though it doesn't have the middle button?
    You just quoted something that answers the question that you asked.

The answer is yes by the way.
    I didn't realize there was a light bar in the gesture area on a Pre Plus. (I have a Sprint Pre...)
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I didn't realize there was a light bar in the gesture area on a Pre Plus. (I have a Sprint Pre...)
    It's the same light bar that is on the Pixi, if you have ever seen one of those. I think it looks slick.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Anyone else notice that the sample on the Verizon page shows a 41mb update? The GSM update reported last night was supposed to be 32mb.

http://support.vzw.com/how_to_use/pre_plus_upgrade.html
    Last edited by Mr Hyde; 02/26/2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Link added so you guys wouldnt have to scroll up to the OP
    [QUOTE=Mr Hyde;2253797]Anyone else notice that the sample on the Verizon page shows a 41mb update? The GSM update reported last night was supposed to be 32mb.[url]

every company is going to havecompany specific changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    Anyone else notice that the sample on the Verizon page shows a 41mb update? The GSM update reported last night was supposed to be 32mb.

Over the Air (OTA) System Update: PalmŪ Pre™ Plus
    Weird huh?

It's almost like the GSM and CDMA phones have different hardware or something.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Weird huh?

It's almost like the GSM and CDMA phones have different hardware or something.

Of course but almost 1/3rd more code to deal with it? I expected a difference but not that much.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    VZW is going to pre-load Mobile Hotspot on your phone with this update. Wonder how much of the extra code is due to that?
    Last edited by obxKevin; 02/26/2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Edit for spelling, stupid fullsize keyboard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast