Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    glad to see official vzw info, just wish they'd give a date manual checks are available to find download.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    so how much would you normally pay? How much of a discount is this and how did you lower it?
    On Availability...

The software will arrive on customer's devices anytime over 10 days starting Saturday 2/27, depending on the date that the device checks in with the server. The device will randomly check for the update every seven days.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.C. View Post
    On Availability...

The software will arrive on customer's devices anytime over 10 days starting Saturday 2/27, depending on the date that the device checks in with the server. The device will randomly check for the update every seven days.
    Where did you read that?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5.    #25  
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    Anyone else notice that the sample on the Verizon page shows a 41mb update? The GSM update reported last night was supposed to be 32mb.

Over the Air (OTA) System Update: PalmŪ Pre™ Plus
    My webOS 1.4.0 update was 36mb. Just adding me .02
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    For those of us who got the 1.3.5.1 update notification while manually checking for updates but haven't installed it (because we already have it) will we be able to see the 1.4 update when it's available or will we have to reinstall 1.3.5.1 first to clear it?

The reason I ask is because when I launch Updates periodically it never seems to refresh and immediately tells me 1.3.5.1 is available. Prior to getting the 1.3.5.1 notification it would check for several seconds before providing a status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    Where did you read that?
    The same place I found this nice big list of the symptoms that are resolved on this update:

-Users can now save an email address from a received message
    -Links in SMS messages will not auto launch applications
    -Addressed an issue when in some cases a MMS message is received with multiple audio and picture attachments and you would not be able to select and open the last file because it was hidden
    -Addresses an issue found on rare occasions when MMS messages may be displayed as overlapping each other
    -Added support for sending a MMS message when connected via WiFi. The MMS message will now be sent via CDMA network, previously it would fail because it could not be sent over WiFi
    -If you are on a call and your device powers off due to low battery, upon power up the call that had been in progress will now register in the calls log
    -Addressed an issue found on rare occasions were the battery indicator may not indicate the correct battery level
    -Addressed an issue found on rare occasions were the displayed time was off by up to 10 minutes
    -The device will now support the 3G Data icon.
    The device will now prevent the number of Pop 3 emails that can be synced to 3000 to prevent the device from getting into a race condition
    -A software change was made to the MIP retry interval so it does not initiate a WAN call before the modem retry timer completes
    -Addressed an issue were the dial pad may go blank on some rare occasion.
    -Addressed an issue were the Yahoo string was sending extra characters, These were being ignored by the Yahoo server so there was no impact to users.
    -The camera now supports Video Capture
    -You can now do video editing on device (trim beginning and end)
    -You can now upload videos to YouTube/Facebook or send via email/MMS
    -Faster performance in several areas of the phone and calendar application
    -You now have the ability to dial numbers in the appointment subject
    -You can now have custom alert sounds for calendar events
    -In calendar, Added AM/PM and "now" indicator for easier readability
    -Customers can customize email notification (specify ringtone, mute, vibrate)
    -Phone numbers and email addresses in emails can be added directly to contacts
    -New sort options (date, sender, subject)
    -After sending email, user is taken right back to Inbox view
    -You now have the ability to forward SMS to email
    -You can now dial a number from chat view without opening a contact card
    -You can now press and hold on a phone number (identified via smart text) to get more options for calls and SMS.
    -The universal search now includes GAL i.e. corporate address book
    -The UI provides more feedback to users during application launch
    -Blink notifications: Light-bar in gesture area blinks when there are pending notifications
    -Cellebrite -Added support to export over USB
    -Cellebrite -Added support for more contacts fields
    -Added the ability to forward SMS to email
    -You can now dial a number from chat view without opening a contact card
    -Addressed an issue that was found on some rare occasion were the device would power cycle when listening to an audio file using MediaFly
    -Addressed an issue were the VZ Navigator application could get stuck on the start screen
    -Addressed an issue found when syncing Google contacts from existing devices were the contacts may not sync if special characters are used in the name field such as #,* and @.
    -The Mobile HotSpot application is now preloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by frail47 View Post
    For those of us who got the 1.3.5.1 update notification while manually checking for updates but haven't installed it (because we already have it) will we be able to see the 1.4 update when it's available or will we have to reinstall 1.3.5.1 first to clear it?

The reason I ask is because when I launch Updates periodically it never seems to refresh and immediately tells me 1.3.5.1 is available. Prior to getting the 1.3.5.1 notification it would check for several seconds before providing a status.
    DOes anyone have an answer to this? I'm in this same position... thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbffa View Post
    DOes anyone have an answer to this? I'm in this same position... thanks
    i installed it. there is no harm in installing it... i think. why not install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i installed it. there is no harm in installing it... i think. why not install it?
    I have also installed this dummy update because it didn't seem to refresh the updates page when it was sitting there.

I wish the update was out, but I guess I'll just wait.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12