Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Because this phone and site has ruined my life!!! Before the Pre I just had phones. When I was looking to upgrade a friend told me to get the Instinct. I looked it up online and did some research. I convinced my wife that the Instinct was the next phone for us. Then when talking with another friend that is very tech savvy (he has an Iphone by the way) about getting my new phone he said, "Wait till the Palm Pre comes out, it looks like it has much more potential than the Instinct". Never heard of the "Pre" (actually the name was kind of funny to me) so I started looking into it. At first I could not find a whole lot of details about it (this was early 09' before it was even released) so I was still undecided. When we finally decided to go to the Sprint store and buy our new phones, the rep did mention that the Pre was a much better phone than some of the other phones I was looking at. It was $200.00 per phone (wife and I) while some of the others were very cheap $50.00 or even free with the contract renewal. It was a hard decision but we agreed to go with the Pre. Man, what a let down. It had like 20 apps, no video, no games, no text forwarding...I mean even the simple stuff was missing. After a while the wife even questioned why we spent so much money for this phone.

Well...several months later and after reading this site everyday, I absolutely LOVE this phone!!! I stare at the screen doing things probably half of my waking hours. It is the first thing I grab in the morning to the last thing I put down before I go to bed. I have some of the 3D games (Brothers in Arms, Lets Golf, Gangstar) the VBA emulator and about a dozen other apps. I have precord, free tether (Mobile Hotspot) and other various patches. I too have huge anticipation before each new web OS update. This phone has made me an addict! I could not imagine life without it! Now waiting for the 1.4 update is worst than waiting for Christmas (and I'm in my 40's). I hope everyone involved with this phone, like the AWESOME homebrew crew, Palm, the providers, developers, and us users make this phone an absolutely huge success! Thanks Palm, Precentral and the Pre for ruining my life...in a good way!!!

Oh and that guy that suggested the Instinct...well he too got a Pre, he did not like it (to sluggish he said) so he got an Android. We were showing each other our phones and their features a couple of days ago and when we parted the last thing he said was..."I should have never traded in that Pre"
    I thought you hated the Pre and Precentral?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Nice!! take that andriod!!

Oh and try and not let the pre take so much of ur life
    I am the same way, but working to be balanced and
    not let it eat into so much of my time.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    My Pre has replaced my laptop for a *lot* of general computing.
    I too have been turned into a phone enthusiast by P|C. It's been a great past 6 months for me. Really enjoying the ride! Go Palm! I'm more excited for 1.4 than I am for the weekend.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Everything Data $69
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I thought you hated the Pre and Precentral?
    He Hates Them In A Good Way
    I thought this would be flaming thread....but i guess not.....!!!
    oh Pre..i hate you so good >: )
    Lol me2 I love my prprpr $has$ $changed$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $lives$ $for$ $good$ $or$ $bad$. $Precentral$ $is$ $the$ $core$ $of$ $palm$ $here$ $is$ $where$ $we$ $are$ $just$ $like$ $a$ $big$ $family$!!
    so it's a love/hate relation ship

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    One thing that really surprised me is how much stuff I do on my Pre that I used to do on my desktop/laptop. I barely pull my laptop out of my bag anymore. That thing can sit in there for weeks without me even thinking about it. That's the best way I can describe how much I love my phone (with how little I use my laptop these days).
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    I hate you in a good way for making this thread .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Because this phone and site has ruined my life!!! Before the Pre I just had phones. When I was looking to upgrade a friend told me to get the Instinct. I looked it up online and did some research. I convinced my wife that the Instinct was the next phone for us. Then when talking with another friend that is very tech savvy (he has an Iphone by the way) about getting my new phone he said, "Wait till the Palm Pre comes out, it looks like it has much more potential than the Instinct". Never heard of the "Pre" (actually the name was kind of funny to me) so I started looking into it. At first I could not find a whole lot of details about it (this was early 09' before it was even released) so I was still undecided. When we finally decided to go to the Sprint store and buy our new phones, the rep did mention that the Pre was a much better phone than some of the other phones I was looking at. It was $200.00 per phone (wife and I) while some of the others were very cheap $50.00 or even free with the contract renewal. It was a hard decision but we agreed to go with the Pre. Man, what a let down. It had like 20 apps, no video, no games, no text forwarding...I mean even the simple stuff was missing. After a while the wife even questioned why we spent so much money for this phone.

Well...several months later and after reading this site everyday, I absolutely LOVE this phone!!! I stare at the screen doing things probably half of my waking hours. It is the first thing I grab in the morning to the last thing I put down before I go to bed. I have some of the 3D games (Brothers in Arms, Lets Golf, Gangstar) the VBA emulator and about a dozen other apps. I have precord, free tether (Mobile Hotspot) and other various patches. I too have huge anticipation before each new web OS update. This phone has made me an addict! I could not imagine life without it! Now waiting for the 1.4 update is worst than waiting for Christmas (and I'm in my 40's). I hope everyone involved with this phone, like the AWESOME homebrew crew, Palm, the providers, developers, and us users make this phone an absolutely huge success! Thanks Palm, Precentral and the Pre for ruining my life...in a good way!!!

Oh and that guy that suggested the Instinct...well he too got a Pre, he did not like it (to sluggish he said) so he got an Android. We were showing each other our phones and their features a couple of days ago and when we parted the last thing he said was..."I should have never traded in that Pre"
    HAHAHA great! I started to reading your post something mad and then my face become more and more smiled.
    great read man i enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    My Pre has replaced my laptop for a *lot* of general computing.
    Come to think of it me 2....
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Because this phone and site has ruined my life!!!
    Best bait and switch I've seen on this forum ever!
    DITTO and I'm quite a bit older than you! My wife can't believe I spend so much time on a forum about my cell phone!
    LOL. To a certain extent, I can definitely relate in that I'm always reading precentral, refreshing the homepage looking for new news, in the AM, throughout the day, & b4 sleep...... the phone has my attention.... when I know there is other stuff I should be doing!
  19.    #19  
    LOL...I mean everything I wrote in my post. But it is funny. I have written several "I Love MY Pre" post and hardly anyone responded. Now when I post that I hate it, I am getting a bunch of replies and have already been thanked 7 times!!! Thanks for understanding guys/gals! You assure me that I am not the only person that is crazy in the brain because he loves a phone so much. Now lets get 1.4 and REALLY get blow away!!!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I completly agree!!! my Pre has (like others stated) replaced my laptop at times, which is good since 2 days ago my laptop crashed as it was crashing I was able to plug in my pre as a USB drive and copy some important doc onto it in the even of no recovery managed to save about 6GB of docs and such on my pre!

But It has also comsumed my life since Sep 09 when i got it! My wife get annoyed but I guess I just have to say that I am addicted

Sure does feel like Christmas Eve here right now, hard to get any real work done at the office today in anticipation of WebOS 1.4 coming out today! I have probably updated my "Update" page about 500 times already today

Let me at it Already!!!!!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast