1.    #1  
    And yes, I've yanked and reinstalled and all that a few times already.

Here's the rundown:

Doctored my Pre to 1.3.5.1 this morning in prep for the update (and because the notification was still my custom noise - uh, that's gonna get updated today, so...)
    Did the standard instruction of "WebOSQI, checkbox Package Manager and Preware", etc.

It fires up, but Available Patches is greyed out, and you tap install on an app and it just lights up briefly, then nothing. So it won't install apps either.

I've looked over a few threads, none of the fixes seem to quite work. My old "uninstall one piece at a time, reboot between, install one at a time, reboot between" fix didn't work.
    as far as the available patches go, check the feeds, are the appropriate ones selected? i had this problem months ago. other than that i can't think of anything. hope someone has a fix for ya...
  3.    #3  
    All feeds are turned on by default, I assume... and I have un/re'd multiple times.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    And yes, I've yanked and reinstalled and all that a few times already.

Here's the rundown:

Doctored my Pre to 1.3.5.1 this morning in prep for the update (and because the notification was still my custom noise - uh, that's gonna get updated today, so...)
    Did the standard instruction of "WebOSQI, checkbox Package Manager and Preware", etc.

It fires up, but Available Patches is greyed out, and you tap install on an app and it just lights up briefly, then nothing. So it won't install apps either.

I've looked over a few threads, none of the fixes seem to quite work. My old "uninstall one piece at a time, reboot between, install one at a time, reboot between" fix didn't work.
    I suggest removing both Package Manager Service and Preware via WebOS Quick Install, then Restart the phone. Then install Package Manager Service via WebOS Quick Install, and reboot again. Then Install Preware via WebOS Quick Install, and reboot one last time. Hopefully that should solve your problem.
  5.    #5  
    Would you believe... it fixed itself? I have no idea how, I didn't have time after that post to mess with it at work. Once I got to pick up my phone, all my homebrew apps had redownloaded themselves and suddenly there were patches available!

AUPT is creepy but perhaps cool?