1. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Should I doctor my Pre before I update to 1.4 since I have installed a bunch of patches and etc?

I just want this update to go smooth and not be affected by any 3rd party scripts, any advice?
    Its not necessary to remove patches now that they have been updated to use AUPT.

You _DO_ need to remove themes.

Edit:
    Make sure you updated Preware and the Package Manager Service and all patches to the latest and greatest before you upgrade to 1.4
  3. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bitshifter1001 View Post
    Its not necessary to remove patches now that they have been updated to use AUPT.

You _DO_ need to remove themes.

Edit:
    Make sure you updated Preware and the Package Manager Service and all patches to the latest and greatest before you upgrade to 1.4
    Thanks,

Would having patches cause 1.4 to be unstable? I am just wondering if I should just have everything factory reset and simply update to 1.4 (when available) and have everything clean and fresh.

Should I just leave it how it is? would it make a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    Would having patches cause 1.4 to be unstable?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I am just wondering if I should just have everything factory reset and simply update to 1.4 (when available) and have everything clean and fresh.

Should I just leave it how it is? would it make a difference?
    This is really up to you. If you feel more comfortable going through that entire process then do so. Here is how I look at it. If you are ready to wipe your phone before, why not just wait and update? Should something unforeseen occur after the update (which I personally doubt), you can wipe your phone then.

My two cents. Hope this helps.