1.    #1  
    I think palm should launch the pre plus and pixi on t-mobile first rather than at&t. At&t has way too much competition between the phones they have specifically iphone and blackberry. On t-mobile however things are a little more on the boring side but they do have great pricing (resulting in crappy service). T-mobile has the side kick,Motoblur, G1, And blackberry. Not much excitement over here and there is plenty of room for added competition and for something totally different to be added to the line up. T-mobile's bread and butter is the side kick and G1 and are both targeted toward youth. If palm can tap into that niche and Get that market to check out the gaming,mp3 and app capabilities along with awesome multitasking I think palm could sell more than sprint and verizon combined.

Messaging system would need to be revamped and battery needs to be improved and battery bumped up to at least 1350mah.

A friend of mine has every side-kick that ever came out and is a gaming freak.
    He was super impressed with the pre and loved the gaming capabilities.
    Most of the kids that have the side-kick on T-mobile are on the 200 min and unlimited internet plan. Multitasking would really make the pre stand out in the messaging and internet usage.

Even if at&t has more costumers it does not matter on at&t iphone will always dominate the pre. palm needs to pick there battles wisely.
    If anything, ATT should release the Pixi. The Centro was a huge seller and would be a perfect replacement for customers upgrading from their Centro. Besides that, has Tmobile ever carried Palm products?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Even if there is a lot of saturation in AT&T's smartphone selection, I can't see how releasing it on AT&T would hurt Palm. A few thousand extra sales is better than none. As a developer, every person who buys a webOS phone is a potential customer and I sure would like to see the amount of potential customers to keep growing. Glad to see they have kicked up their marketing efforts, though.
    I had a centro on ATT. The phone itself was ok, altho the 5-way was losing the down and my wife's down button crapped out completely.
    ATT coverage sucked, just like you hear all the iPhone complaints of dropped calls, etc.
    Switched back to Verizon for the Pre+
    When closing ATT account, I detailed the dropped call issue. The CS person said, "I've never heard of that issue." I said, "Are you kidding me? This is the same complaint that millions of iPhone users have!" "No, I've never heard complaints of dropped calls."

Either it was her first day or she was toe-ing the company line of not admitting to the problem.

So, should ATT carry the Pre/Pixi? Like rmxdave sez, every user is a potential customer, but the ATT experience is so crappy and un-indoctrinated users may think it's the phone's fault.
    Why not? They don't have an Android phone yet, so Iphone users don't really have another choice when their contract runs up. Also AT&T's coverage is on par with Sprints in my area.
  6.    #6  
    I never said anything about not releasing it on at&t. I just said that i think it should be released on t-mobile first and then at&t. Remember if its released on at&t it will be trying to gain exposure of not only over the the 3gs which will prob drop to $99 but over the highly anticipated iphone 4g.
    Palm would have a better chance on t-mobile first and then at&t. It will be worse than pre going against the droid. Common sense.
    The Pre Plus is a Verizon exclusive so it isn't being launched on AT&T. Or Sprint. Or T-Mobile. Or any other US carrier.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    The Pre Plus is a Verizon exclusive so it isn't being launched on AT&T. Or Sprint. Or T-Mobile. Or any other US carrier.
    Not yet it isn't. Yes, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus will be released on AT&T. Both models are going through AT&T hardware certification right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Not yet it isn't. Yes, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus will be released on AT&T. Both models are going through AT&T hardware certification right now.
    I guess we'll see if/when it comes out.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    i disagree OP, the more carriers the better, regardless of saturation.