1.    #1  
    I have a few scratches on my screen (my fault). I could get it replaced, but that would cost me a $100 insurance deductible. However, if my Pre has a manufacturing defect, I could get it replaced under warranty.

My problem is that my stupid Pre won't break. The keyboard works great, the slider works great, there is no "oreo effect", all of the pixels still work, and the charger cover stays on fine! Everything works perfectly! AAARRRGH!!!

Stupid Palm. Why can't they make a lesser-quality phone so i could get it replaced???
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I have a few scratches on my screen (my fault). I could get it replaced, but that would cost me a $100 insurance deductible. However, if my Pre has a manufacturing defect, I could get it replaced under warranty.

My problem is that my stupid Pre won't break. The keyboard works great, the slider works great, there is no "oreo effect", all of the pixels still work, and the charger cover stays on fine! Everything works perfectly! AAARRRGH!!!

Stupid Palm. Why can't they make a lesser-quality phone so i could get it replaced???
    wow....
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    ismt physical damage included in the insurance plan? Look into it cuz if you crack the screen, you may not have to pay. I believe the deductible is only for lost/stolen or water damaged phones.

imo, stop worryin bout a lil scratch if you have a well built pre. You will not b so lucky with a refurb
    I think he was kidding But in any case physical damage is not covered; you'd have to pay the deductible.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I think he was kidding But in any case physical damage is not covered; you'd have to pay the deductible.
    thanks, I kinda got that. But I know how scratches could really get annoying.

THanks for clarifying the TEP tho!
    I've got a bit of experience on this (replacing 3 prior pre's thanks to manufacturer defect - shattered touchscreens from the center button up in a fan pattern). They make it VERY clear on the phone with palm that if there is any physical damage OTHER then the shattered screen they will likely not replace the unit.

So, you've abused your pre, and you're likely SOL. Thats the case even if it does come up with a free-replacement defect.

Pay the 100$ and move on.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    scratches suck. They would drive me crazy. Whatever tou do, DON'T push too hard on the center button. It could cause the screen to crack and that's a known issue with Sprint. :-)
    hell tellm that ur gettn alot of droped calls and ev in top right isn't there and thell trouble shoot it and c if there is coverage in ur area. And then wait couple days call bac and say the problem still exits presto new pre heberman thank me later
    man,,I have same problem,,6 months and if I take sheilds off,I it will look brand new,,to go along w the fact that it still works like new. I must be doing something wrong.
    o I forgot tell them you had it hard reseted a couple of times
    install the old mytether the one where you have to patch it in order for it to work. install the patch, leave the patch on and delete the mytether by pressing orange button and my tether icon. your camera no longer works and has to fixed by a proffesional or maybe theyll replace your phone. just a thought