1.    #1  
    <<deleted>>
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 08/11/2011 at 05:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Just curious if anyone experiences the same problem (Shadow360?)

And I mean 25+ apps and such, not 25+ browser cards...

I'm just posting this, unsure if it will be merged without notifications with other threads, all funny night long tags being removed as on my other thread.
    Not at all being sarcastic there. Just a bit bitter.
    I am new to pre so maybe I am wrong here but isnt that a hardware issue? My pre slows down after 8-9 apps are open. The Plus can handle more but if your doing 25 that has to be pushing it to the limit doesnt have enough ram for that
    Wait, before 1.4.0 you were able to open more than 10 apps at a time on a 256 mb Pre?
    YES, and sorry, This is a question for 1.4 users.
    Sounds like a 1.4 issue. Who's gonna start a 1.4.1 anticipation thread???
    No sympathy here. 26 apps open? Really? That's outrageous. I'm please w/6 or more.
    Tease
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Sorry i didnt see before, testing...
    No I understood it was a question for 1.4 users. I'm just shocked cuz on my 1.3.5.1 Pre I can't open more than 10 apps at a time, especially if one is a graphically intensive webpage. So this means they obviously slimmed down the amount of used ram by the OS so that a 256 mb Pre could open more apps than before.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i'm not sure i follow this.... why are you opening 26+ apps? this just some sort of stress test?
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    It actually works up to the point where you have 25 apps opened.
    And literally on the 26th it freezes to the point of Sym+Shift+R.
    Seems like its an issue on yours.

Managed to open 30 before getting "sorry too many cards" error
    Tomi, really, a what point is having that many cards open beyond practical? I can get 6 -8 open (depending on how 'intense' they are). But, it becomes unruly and, certainly in my mind, not practical. I understand if you're doing this as some type of performance test. But, in day-to-day use, I don't see where having more than large handful is really necessary.

I'd be curious what the forum thinks. If there is a really good reason, I'm open minded. But, it seems that, given it doesn't take long to launch an app, this is just type of pxxxing contest.
    Are you using a Pre Plus, cuz I believe dieter had like 50 cards open in his video. The Pre I also believe was rated to be able to open about 25 cards. In both cases I doubt if there was any ability to use the apps with that many open. As a matter of fact dieter just stopped opening cards because the Plus wasn't showing too much stress at that point.
    Not offended. Just the tone of your thread title seemed to imply this was sort of major flaw or shortcoming. If it's just a performance test, I probably would have stated that "1.4 can open 25 cards, before freezing" Just semantics, I suppose.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FONdude View Post
    Not offended. Just the tone of your thread title seemed to imply this was sort of major flaw or shortcoming. If it's just a performance test, I probably would have stated that "1.4 can open 25 cards, before freezing" Just semantics, I suppose.
    +1
    i now this is for 1.4 which i dont have yet but my pre opens 25, just like THE GUY IN VIETNAM'S...then 'too many cards open'
    i only managed 17 before i got the too many cards (i got bored so went to see how many i could open)
    Oh no, not at all.
    I just noticed it froze twice on the 26th app, so I thought "is that a new limit of some sorts"
    All in all, it's about 20% faster I think, but that would depend on whatever you have installed I guess. I have a bunch of patches and tweaks.
    Shadows' device is probably A LOT faster?
    Well, lets just say i had a certain "patch" installed :P.

But it all depends on what you open, if you open settings cards, such as screen/lock, youll get a lot more.

Speaking of which, i need to doctor, urgh
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    That's it! If I can only use 24 apps at one time, that's totally unacceptable!