1.    #1  
    So how come they aren't getting the popularity they deserve?

Honestly, in my opinion (and I'm sure most people here would safely say) that the Palm Pre is a greatest handheld device I had ever owned since i first discovered my *****.

Hey guys,
    I was just wondering why aren't people getting a hold of this revolutionary device? It's so much better than the iPhone. I would take the ability to multifunction as opposed to having 1000000000000 apps any day. Wouldn't you agree?
    March 1st is Palm appreciation day so sport an orange shirt and let at least 20 poeple know about your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    March 1st is Palm appreciation day so sport an orange shirt and let at least 20 poeple know about your phone
    Now it's the 1st???
    I thought you made it the 3rd.

Well anyway, it's a good thing i didn't plan around it.
    I feel like its not getting popularity it deserves because it hasn't been perceived as something the average consumer should check out. They just don't know about it.

first, people are intimidated by smartphones. second, no one knows or forgot who Palm is. (remember, talking about average joe schmoe). Third, Palm, Sprint & Verizon didn't do the best for brand recognition of Palm. Last, the consumer hears the bad more than the good. So when you have a day like yesterday or iPhone people saying Pre is not iPhone...then they will be distracted.

The key is to let people play with the phone. Share your pre experience. People in store need to have CSR show them the phone.

I agree, love this phone! Even after launch day, try to find new and exciting ways to enjoy the OS.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I have to say, as far as phones go....this is the best phone that I've ever had. Before my launch day pre I had a cheap Samsung dumb phone with the basics. That being said, that cheap dumbphone lasted me almost 5 years and did it's job well. As an 11 year sprint guy, they would always call and beg me to upgrade my phone.
    It was by chance last year that I went into my local Sprint store that I was told about a "revolutionary" phone coming out within a couple of months. Not being a phone geek (no offense to anyone), I actually researched the phone and thought that it may be a tad bit much for a phone dumb user like myself. I also hated that I had to get an unlimited data plan and almost didnt choose the pre. On June 6th I went into Best Buy where they had 8 phones and I was #7 in line. Needless to say, I instantly fell in love with this device. In fact my wife and oldest son loved it as well, so I went and picked up one a week later for my son and last Aug for my wife's birthday, I got her one (would've got hers sooner but wasn't eligible).

My problem now? My 12 and 14 year olds want one. They're eligible in December and I'm hoping that there will be new Pixi's with wifi on Sprint (maybe pre's for them not sure). I'm the kind of guy that has always kept my phones as long as they live, but now I find myself tempted for the possible new device coming out this summer when I can upgrade...

As far as why they're not popular? I think its as simple as bad advertising. I compare my pre to my friends 3Gs and peoples Hero all the time. There are some things that are better on their phones, but 1 things unanimous, they love my pre. The problem is that most of my friends wont pull the trigger in switching carriers. I often laugh at my 3GS buddy because he pays 220$ for 2 phones and I pay 200$ for 5.

I cant say that my pre is better than every phone out there.... but I can honestly say that it is the phone that best suits me.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    Why cant everyday be Palm appreciation day? Just like every day is mothers day. It is not like they are a mother one day a year.