Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with Verizon Cs...I asked if they could push the update to me....They said no, but the update will be officially pushed pushed out tonight at Midnight!

hope this helps everyone on Verizon!
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    So what good is that info for us old loyal been with pre from the beginning with Sprint people?

I called both Sprint and Palm this morning, and they were both clueless
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    Just got off the phone with Verizon Cs...I asked if they could push the update to me....They said no, but the update will be officially pushed pushed out tonight at Midnight!

hope this helps everyone on Verizon!
    In other words, stop checking my Pre Plus. LOL
    I don't think CS people would know ... if they would know, or have been told, I think we would see something more official than just a verbal answer.

Also, I doubt they will "push" the update -- that has never happened before when releases come out, they are available for downloading by those who want it immediately, but the pushes have always followed quite a while afterward. Perhaps this could be a carrier by carrier handling though?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I meant push the notification!
    as always, they tell you 12am as an insurance. (aka 27th date)

if they tell you 8pm and it doesn't arrive, you will call them back houning and questioning them.

so 12am is a safe bet.

just keep checking updates, my guess is it will arrive before 12am
    They only told you 12 am because their support hours end at 11 pm.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Not to be a moron but why would you even call CS to ask? It's not going to change when it arrives on your phone.
    no kidding - I find it annoying when users call palm, sprint, verizon, etc etc for reasons like this.

what you may not realize is: it costs the company $$ each call
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Because when everyone in the USA was panicking to get their droid update , i simply went to my local verizon store and they pushed the updat eto the phone, thus i hd th eupdate b4 everyone on the android forums....simply tried th esame thing with pre with no luck.
    it'll get here when it gets here!!!!
    geez, what is it to be the first few in line?
    oh, i see...first to get, first to ***** about short comings then anticipate for the next update.
    i absolutely love WebOS and my PalmPre and will update when needed and pretty much use it as primarily as a phone then an OS.
    What a concept!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208 View Post
    Because when everyone in the USA was panicking to get their droid update , i simply went to my local verizon store and they pushed the updat eto the phone, thus i hd th eupdate b4 everyone on the android forums....simply tried th esame thing with pre with no luck.
    I guess this proves that Droid's update system is different, whereas WebOS updates are downloaded from Palm servers, Android updates are handled by the individual hardware manufacturer/carrier.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hey, LOL Mr kofasetic..im not rushing but im excited about this Webos technology and im super curious when it comes to palm updates.....especially on the pre...
    Its a very well designed OS and i really anticipate this update to 1.4.....
    From the videos it looks a bit faster and more fluid as well.....
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Im all excited to get 1.4 , but i think all the power users in here really wanna know is if the Email interface is faster..I plow through emails at a very high clip and find the current OS in the email is quite too slow for me....
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Very official.
    You guys that are calling CS about the update should be embarrassed with yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Why? Are the CS employees paid by the call?

Palm/Sprint/Verizon/other carriers could save themselves alot of hassle if they would just tell us the damn schedule instead of making us play these games. I am not going to apologize for wanting an update that provides a feature that should have been on the phone from Day One.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Why? Are the CS employees paid by the call?

Palm/Sprint/Verizon/other carriers could save themselves alot of hassle if they would just tell us the damn schedule instead of making us play these games. I am not going to apologize for wanting an update that provides a feature that should have been on the phone from Day One.
    A feature that you knew wasn't on the phone to begin with, so patience. What's the point of getting riled up?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    no kidding - I find it annoying when users call palm, sprint, verizon, etc etc for reasons like this.

How do you think palm, sprint, and verizon employees feel?

I mean if you find it annoying and you do not work for any of them (as far as I know), that means palm, sprint and verizon employees want to kill the people who call.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kofasetic View Post
    it'll get here when it gets here!!!!
    geez, what is it to be the first few in line?
    oh, i see...first to get, first to ***** about short comings then anticipate for the next update.
    i absolutely love WebOS and my PalmPre and will update when needed and pretty much use it as primarily as a phone then an OS.
    What a concept!!!!
    Anything wrong with being a little excited? We're getting new functions not just a couple of bug fixes Video camera, Flash, more capabilities on our existing apps.

Forgive a few of us that might want some of this

And as I posted in another thread....if threads like this bother you, why not just move on instead of bumping it to the top with rudeness?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast