1. dirtaymcgirt
    do version ppl get the webos update today as well as the sprint ppl?
    Jarad from Kentucky got the update already. It won't be too long.
    One guy got it out of how many Verizon customers on the pre plus?

I on on VZW and nothing!
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Too early to know for sure. Honestly I can't see why it wouldn't hit everyone when it is officially released. It is released by Palm after all, not the individual carriers.

I assume Palm would not just want to release it to specific carriers unless a carrier strongly objected to its release and in fact requested Palm not to release it to their users.

But this does raise an interesting question. Since this is the first update to hit since VZW came on board, how does Palm handle the volume on their update servers? Do they do some type of load balancing, or is it done by carrier (different servers for different carriers)?
    Since verizon pretty much shafted Palm by not supporting the pre at all.. (and admitting to it.) Verizon should get it in a week!!!
  6. dirtaymcgirt
    I know this doesn't prove or disprove anything, but I called five or six verizon stores and spoke with the tech people and they all said tjey see nothing for today. I told them sprint has stated it was coming out today and they said sprint is a different carrier and has nothing to do with verizon. I will flip if we don't get it today/tonight. Got my fingers crossed
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtaymcgirt View Post
    do version ppl get the webos update today as well as the sprint ppl?
    do some searching there is a post about this and never trust verizon reps
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    do some searching there is a post about this and never trust verizon reps
    whoah, calm down you aren't allowed to say search anymore you will hurt everyones feelings lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G