1.    #1  
    While I sit here and twiddle my thumbs waiting for 1.4 to hit, I've read and posted to quite a few threads and have decided it is time to turn over a new leaf on this forum.

First, I have to apologize to several of you for being "grumpy" (as been accused by several other posters) and flaming and piling on others posts as trolls, noobs, people who can't search, etc.

Second, from now on I am only going to respond where I can provide help, help clarify a question, or hopefully provide some levity with humor.

Lastly, I am done flaming, troll hunting, telling people to search, etc. It doesn't provide any value to the community.

I know, just another "who cares" thread ... but if the majority of us followed these guidelines, this would turn back into a useful forum like it was back before I joined (perhaps I am the reason it has tanked lately then ). Hopefully we will be brining a lot of new users in now that 1.4 will be available, and I would like them to see this community as I did when I first joined.

Have a great day waiting for the update everyone!!!
    Good post, Mikey.
    Troll!! LOL jk
    I do hope that others will follow these guidelines as well. New WebOS users need to feel welcome, not feel bashed as soon as they have a question. I've been hesitant to post in here because of the general negative tone. If someone is having a problem with their Pre, they don't need to hear "Well take it back, you sound like you'll be happier with a Droid!". We actually want people to keep their Pre, and learn to love it as much as we do, right? Honey > Vinegar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    While I sit here and twiddle my thumbs waiting for 1.4 to hit, I've read and posted to quite a few threads and have decided it is time to turn over a new leaf on this forum.

First, I have to apologize to several of you for being "grumpy" (as been accused by several other posters) and flaming and piling on others posts as trolls, noobs, people who can't search, etc.

Second, from now on I am only going to respond where I can provide help, help clarify a question, or hopefully provide some levity with humor.

Lastly, I am done flaming, troll hunting, telling people to search, etc. It doesn't provide any value to the community.

I know, just another "who cares" thread ... but if the majority of us followed these guidelines, this would turn back into a useful forum like it was back before I joined (perhaps I am the reason it has tanked lately then ). Hopefully we will be brining a lot of new users in now that 1.4 will be available, and I would like them to see this community as I did when I first joined.

Have a great day waiting for the update everyone!!!
    Awesome Mikey. It's always better to keep the peace. (See my sig )
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    GREAT POST. I'm with you!!
    We should all take the pledge. For those of you who have posted concerns about the survival of Palm, how much does the recent negativity on this forum contribute to the problem?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    GREAT POST. I'm with you!!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    +1
    +2
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

I don't know that I completely agree (but then, when do I ever completely agree?).

Why does it have to be totally one way or the other. I see nothing wrong with a simple "this is how you do that. BTW, that's been asked and answered before a number of times. A search would have found it for you".
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    A tear just came to my eye.... (sniff).... hehe...

(great post fellow webOS'er)
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't know that I completely agree (but then, when do I ever completely agree?).

Why does it have to be totally one way or the other. I see nothing wrong with a simple "this is how you do that. BTW, that's been asked and answered before a number of times. A search would have found it for you".
    hparsons, you are absolutely correct, I did not mean to imply that. But, I for one will admit to responding to some questions with the answer of "That has been asked and answered many times in many threads, a simple search would have found the answer for you."

I still believe in informing people to search, search, search, then ask.

I really wish the forums were easier to search, and I wish someone would write an article on how to most effectively search the forums. I have seen quite a few tips over the past six months or so, we just need someone willing to pull them all together.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE_LUVER View Post
    +2
    + Troll Buster Ultra 5000
    you know it's for fun
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

There are so many times when a simple search does NOT find something, though, because often a new person (or even a forum junkie) doesn't know the right keywords to search for, for their particular issue. If you know the answer to something, help. If you know of a thread that helps more, link to it. I always search first, and when I can't find it, I ask. This is the only forum that jumps on that. I've been an active member of Sprintusers forums for five years, and various other forums for even longer. I love the information I get here. I just want new Pre users to not be intimidated by this place. Honey > Vinegar.