Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Yes, you can install the Preware Package EFV (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ation-efv.html). When you install it it will fail (this is what's supposed to happen) and then you click "View Log" and it will inform you whether or not you have any patches that aren't protected.

EDIT: Note that it takes a long time to install - don't cancel it, be patient.
    I did this and it it said that it detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled.
    Is the package line under this the list of patches that need to be removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I did this and it it said that it detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled.
    Is the package line under this the list of patches that need to be removed?
    Yep, it should be. If you could take a screenshot (Orange-Sym-P) and post it here I can verify. Or else just write out the error log.
  3.    #23  
    if i run webos doctor and just erase everything will this work as well? I cant get the theme off my phone. I tried downloading 2.96 and it still didnt work
    Quote Originally Posted by schnergun View Post
    if i run webos doctor and just erase everything will this work as well? I cant get the theme off my phone. I tried downloading 2.96 and it still didnt work
    Yep, the most reliable way to do it is:

1) Launch the Backup app.
    2) Hit 'Backup now'.
    3) Launch the Device Info app.
    4) Hit 'Reset Options'
    5) BACKUP FIRST via USB and then select 'Full Erase' (NOTE: this will delete everything including your pictures, music, patches, contacts, etc. So make sure you connect your device to your computer and backup all of your stuff to your PC.)
    6) Reboot your device
    7) Run WebOS Doctor

If you need any more help let me know. Remember to backup before you erase.
    What do you do if you have a theme that will not fully uninstall? Several of the icons are still "themed" but it seems like the overall theme has been removed. Do I need to run WebOS DR?
    or easier:

ise webosdoctor 1.2.1 version

that will wipe you to stock
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Yep, it should be. If you could take a screenshot (Orange-Sym-P) and post it here I can verify. Or else just write out the error log.
    I installed the patches it told me to and then ran the EFV and I didn't get a fail message, it said it successfully installed. Does that mean everything is good to go?
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    I installed the patches it told me to and then ran the EFV and I didn't get a fail message, it said it successfully installed. Does that mean everything is good to go?
    Yep, if you ran it and it didn't fail then you're good to go So long as you don't have any themes installed.
  9.    #29  
    damn themes! make my phone look awesome but a pain in the *** to remove!
    if use "full erase" is the same as doing the webos doctor? I unistalled all patches but I left preware only!!
    Quote Originally Posted by handpalm View Post
    if use "full erase" is the same as doing the webos doctor? I unistalled all patches but I left preware only!!
    Nope, they're very different.

• If you use a recent WebOS Doctor firmware ROM it will preserve /media/internal so your music, pictures and other files will not be deleted
    • Full Erase deletes all personal files regardless of location
    • Running WebOS Doctor alone won't actually wipe everything - you will find there are remnants of old patches and software that remain. You need to run the Full Erase first to ensure a clean wipe.

Even after a Full Erase and a Doctor, you'll find that the effects of some patches remain, for example add/remove pages in launcher.
    this thread makes me think I may have a problem, when looking at the webosinternals patches file, I have 3 patches listed as aupt-1. These patches are not listed under my installed patches, and are not available on preware. I believe I installed them a few weeks ago and then uninstalled, but they are still showing up in the webosinternals file.

My patches file:
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-and-icon aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-advanced-phone-menu aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-named-pages-in-the-launcher aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3 aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-actual-words-instead-of-icons aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-add-space-between-snooze-and-dismiss aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-alarm-daily-options aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-all-day-events-month-view aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-date-as-carrier-string aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-device-menu-megamix aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-disable-charging-alert-sounds aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-amazon-mp3-app aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-musicplayer-app aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-mega-mix aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-more-reminder-alarm-times aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-missed-call-callback aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-notification-repeat aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.clock-open-to-alarm-list aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-power-button-to-end-calls aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-really-silent-ringer-switch-mute aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-reduce-minimum-brightness aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-reset-to-middle-page aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-ringer-switch-icon aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.sounds-and-alerts-select-alert-and-notification-tones aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-show-actual-battery-percent aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-swipe-to-delete aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-unhide-dev-mode-icon aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-wrap-location-field aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-advanced-reset-options aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-just-charge-by-default aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon-white aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-add-date-mm-dd aupt-3

How do I get rid of those aupt-1 patches, or does it not matter? (I got rid of another one I had by installing the patch and then uninstalling, but the 3 remaining I don't see in preware to do this with)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    is uninstalling beta apps or homebrew apps necessary before an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by NKS View Post
    is uninstalling beta apps or homebrew apps necessary before an update?
    I don't believe so..
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Has anyone found out if we need to remove the patches that are involved with the update like the led notifications prior to the update?

If so, can someone post a list of all of the applicable patches?
    NKS: There is no need to remove homebrew apps, they are safe.

omahawildcat: There's no need to remove patches even if you know their features are being officially added - this is part of the protection that AUPT provides
    ninjab: I'm sorry but I can't answer your question, that's one for the Preware team to solve.
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard aupt-2
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-haptic-feedback-manager aupt-2
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-more-reminder-alarm-times aupt-2
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-missed-call-callback aupt-2

I have THOSE as AUPT-2. What's even more weird is that the on-screen keyboard, feedback manager are from BEFORE I did a partial erase so I'm wondering why it's still there!

Do I need to somehow erase the other ones?? QUICK! HELP!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    Just to be safe I uninstalled all my patches and apps including Preware and PMS. I accidentally took out the Music Player (thought I chose Remix). How can I get it back?
    I thought I could just nuke the native Music Player app since I had @DanPLC's Music Player (Remix) installed, but now the Remix version can't get past the "Loading..." screen. I'm assuming this means that I need to reinstall the native app. Where can I find that? I've looked thru all the Apps on Preware already.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12