1.    #1  
    Anybody had a chance to try it out yet? What's the verdict?
    The person from Vietnam said it worked.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2252289
    The people from WebOS Internalz said it worked before him. Remember, they had 1.4 to test (i believe).
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    The people from WebOS Internalz said it worked before him.
    Which "him"? The guy from Vietnam or the guy in Vietnam?

jk
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm the person in Vietnam: it worked for me.

Rod says it's a personal choice. There will be people with problems and people without.
    Up to you.

EDIT: I'm not the person FROM Vietnam though...
    Sorry, guy in Vietnam
    No problem, guy in Tennessee
    brave soul for updating your pre while on vacation in another country.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    brave soul for updating your pre while on vacation in another country.
    Either you got cojones, or you don't...
    Either you got cojones, or you don't...
    Youre still awake? I'd figure that some of that good rum wouldve taken you into slumberland!
    No problem, guy in Tennessee
    Actually, it's girl (really old girl) in Tennessee, but no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Actually, it's girl (really old girl) in Tennessee, but no problem.
    Sorry, really old girl in Tennessee!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Youre still awake? I'd figure that some of that good rum wouldve taken you into slumberland!
    Hey man, I was trying to, but then I got all worked up about threads being merged, posts and TAGS being killed. And I remembered this morning, and thought it was all a bit of a waste. Bit of a sad ending to a wonderful day.
    Call me old fashioned or what not, and i really appreciate you guys throwing together this AUPT, but I plan on removing my theme first, running the EPR, and then updating the WebOS, playing with it for a bit, then i will try out 1.4 and decide which patches I want again....

again, thanx for making our lives easier, it's just gonna take longer for some of us to jump on board...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron91RS View Post
    i had 1.2 and kept preware up to date which means I downloaded any AUPT updated.
    With 1.4 coming out I went ahead and did the 1.3.5.1 update today.
    Lost every patch.
    Preware did not detect anything to reinstall
    Reloading 1 at a time in preware now.
    It should be noted that AUPT was only originally tested on 1.3.1 devices updating to 1.3.5. Not 1.2.0 to 1.3.5. Did you check with egaudet about this transition in his AUPT thread?
    i had 1.2 and kept preware up to date which means I downloaded any AUPT updated.
    Lost every patch.

WebOSQI also did not detect anything as far as patches.
    Also did not detect packages installed so now things like the messenger install isn't detected so I can't uninstall it, but it doesn't work with 1.3.5.1.
    AUPT was only released for 1.3.x and later patches.

So you never had AUPT to start with.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonk13 View Post
    Call me old fashioned or what not, and i really appreciate you guys throwing together this AUPT, but I plan on removing my theme first, running the EPR, and then updating the WebOS, playing with it for a bit, then i will try out 1.4 and decide which patches I want again....

again, thanx for making our lives easier, it's just gonna take longer for some of us to jump on board...
    We've got no problems with that - it's a personal choice: no-one should feel obligated to make the choice any particular way, and no-one should disparage another's personal choice.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod says it's a personal choice. There will be people with problems and people without.
    Up to you.

If it really is personal choice, then I am going to choose to be one of those people without problems.
    Lost every patch.

WebOSQI also did not detect anything as far as patches.
    Also did not detect packages installed so now things like the messenger install isn't detected so I can't uninstall it, but it doesn't work with 1.3.5.1.
    When updating from a webOS version prior to 1.3.5, you must install Emergency Migration Helper so that all the nonstandard homebrew pacakges can be fixed and Luna's migration can succeed (which will happen on the restart after EMH is done).

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate