Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    +1000 I wish everybody could understand this. Imo if it is not out by this week then there is defintely something else going on at bell.

Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh89 View Post
    It probably takes longer for the Bell version of 1.4 because they need time to take out the app catalog stuff so they can leave us with the beta version
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
    Nope I'm with ya on that one

Quote Originally Posted by manyh View Post
    Bell sucks, anyone disagrees?
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Just to make sure everyone is clear on this. The posted info is only for getting sprint specific apps that come bundled with the phone into a non sprint phone. It is not a set of instructions for getting Paid App Catalogue apps.
  5. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    Just to make sure everyone is clear on this. The posted info is only for getting sprint specific apps that come bundled with the phone into a non sprint phone. It is not a set of instructions for getting Paid App Catalogue apps.
    It also details how to get 1.4 on Bell using a couple of methods. It worked for me, I am running 1.4 on Bell right now.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Nope, if you click on the link you'll see that I've gotten 1.4 on a bell pre, the post started out with getting the sprint apps on bell pres but, since 1.4 came out users where using the thread to get 1.4 on a bell pre, there are infact no sprint apps on the 1.4 i got running on my pre
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Still waiting
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    OMFG Why is bell doing this? Is it because they get the iPhoney that they now have a vendetta against those who invested in the Pre? are they just lazy? ambivalent? the Pre is the best phone out and they are now treating us like 2nd rate citizens.

I can tell you right now, if Telus gets the Pre or Pre+ then I am seriously going to take a look at ways to switch. bell Doesn't care. And if you call them about it, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE HEC YOU"RE TALKING ABOUT!! so obviously they care little enough to not train anyone on the upcoming release. I just convinced a friend to get the Pre and now he's wondering if he made the right decision. I told him the phone was the right decision but the carrier I must apologize for!
    Bell GET WITH IT or at least have the decency to EXPLAIN THE DELAY!?
    You can probably use the WebOS Internals Meta Doctor to install 1.4 on a Bell Canada phone ...

Twitter / WebOS Internals: @JayCanuck See line 68 of ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    can anyone PM me the link pls
    i downloaded the file, i got QI installed and running. im in dv mode ..now what... can someone break it down step by step please.... im kinda ******
    everyone should complain to palm against the bad boys at Bell. Pressure Helps.
    just did
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    That must be some kind of record. The very first genuine response from a Bell rep. I tried as well but got absolutely nowhere, keep us updated.
    It has always been like that with bell... their lower ups know nothing, and even when i had the instinct, i would always email Oosterman and i would get a call or email from his assistants within a day or two. I even got out of my contract with the instinct without having to pay a penny and they gave me a Pre for free.
    Maybe Palm's just a little bit bitter abooot a certain hockey match. I'm sure the glow of the gold will keep you warm till its available. It's really smooth though! For all you Canucks out there, it's like a cool Labatt out at the cottage in July.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinkee8 View Post
    Maybe Palm's just a little bit bitter abooot a certain hockey match. I'm sure the glow of the gold will keep you warm till its available. It's really smooth though! For all you Canucks out there, it's like a cool Labatt out at the cottage in July.
    I prefer Molson CANADIAN...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    That IS true. I would rather the gold meday for Canada that 1.4. Good call. Now I feel a little bit better. Especially since Crosby is from here!
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Nope, if you click on the link you'll see that I've gotten 1.4 on a bell pre, the post started out with getting the sprint apps on bell pres but, since 1.4 came out users where using the thread to get 1.4 on a bell pre, there are infact no sprint apps on the 1.4 i got running on my pre
    Ooops, sorry. I'd looked at that thread a while back and at that point it was just about pulling Sprint's bundled apps out and installing them on a Bell phone.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Please pm me with the link as well....thank you
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    just a quick question; is this install gonna update the phone; or its gonna wipe it as if I did a full erase using webos doctor?

and: is the flash 10.1 beta in the app store yet

thnx
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast