Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Please PM me as well
    I don't have the link at work any more. When I get home I can =p ...

hope someone else still has it. You can also search their website for webos?
    I just received a call from Miss Demarco (or maybe it's Dimarcoux) from Bell Mobility upper management customer relations.

The call was in response of an email I sent to M Ooterman, head of Bell Mobility. In my email, I asked about 1.4, HSPA Pre and a GPS nav application.

The lady was not able to give me any answers, but she was really nice and tried to be helpful. She did not try to bull****.

she told me that Bell is taking more time to test system updates. She did not have a date as to when 1.4 would be released. She is waiting for a reply from the proper division and she is supposed to call me back when she have something to give me.

regarding a HSPA Pre on Bell network, she told me that they released a CDAM phone in aug'09 cause this is what was availlable at the time to fill the demand for this type of handset. She seems to not know about what othe telco have HSPA Pre and when they got it. She will also ask about the plans for a HSPA Pre.

she also had no clue about getting Telenav on the Bell network.

so overall, this was a nice conversation even if it did not really answered anything. It was nice though that they gave feedback to my email... I have to say that I was a little bit surprized.

let's hope she'll have more anwsers when she call back.
  4. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Doctoring in process, so far so good...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    could you pm me as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    Doctoring in process, so far so good...
    where do you get the file from - please pm...thank you
    look at what Bell/Palm has brought us too... hacking up a version to load onto our devices...

Booo Bell.... Boo Palm for it's lack of follow up with its distributors

Boo CRTC.
    I hacked 1.3.5 from the Sprint update last time. It was too much trouble for the changes that 1.3.5 brought and with my luck, Bell pushed the upgrade 2 days later. I'll just wait for the Bell chop job this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    I just received a call from Miss Demarco (or maybe it's Dimarcoux) from Bell Mobility upper management customer relations.

The call was in response of an email I sent to M Ooterman, head of Bell Mobility. In my email, I asked about 1.4, HSPA Pre and a GPS nav application.

The lady was not able to give me any answers, but she was really nice and tried to be helpful. She did not try to bull****.

she told me that Bell is taking more time to test system updates. She did not have a date as to when 1.4 would be released. She is waiting for a reply from the proper division and she is supposed to call me back when she have something to give me.

regarding a HSPA Pre on Bell network, she told me that they released a CDAM phone in aug'09 cause this is what was availlable at the time to fill the demand for this type of handset. She seems to not know about what othe telco have HSPA Pre and when they got it. She will also ask about the plans for a HSPA Pre.

she also had no clue about getting Telenav on the Bell network.

so overall, this was a nice conversation even if it did not really answered anything. It was nice though that they gave feedback to my email... I have to say that I was a little bit surprized.

let's hope she'll have more anwsers when she call back.
    That must be some kind of record. The very first genuine response from a Bell rep. I tried as well but got absolutely nowhere, keep us updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by izkeepsitreal View Post
    look at what Bell/Palm has brought us too... hacking up a version to load onto our devices...

Booo Bell.... Boo Palm for it's lack of follow up with its distributors

Boo CRTC.
    Booo-urns.

Agreed, it sucks. On the other hand, I took the plunge (firtst!) to do the 1.3.5 thing, and now that @rpr has it working I might just take the plunge again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles From Nowhere View Post
    I hacked 1.3.5 from the Sprint update last time. It was too much trouble for the changes that 1.3.5 brought and with my luck, Bell pushed the upgrade 2 days later. I'll just wait for the Bell chop job this time.
    Maybe 2 days from when you did a hacked 1.3.5, however the full delay was very close to two weeks.

Bell would do a whole lot better if they kept us informed in some sort of 'official' way. Maybe even a post from them into this forum. Keeping lines of communications open is always the best form of customer service.

If you change your mind, pm me.
    Could someone pm the link?
    hey Harnoy can you pm me the link also
    thank you in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    All right. I'm building the file now. If it works I can try to upload it for you gents.
    can someone PM me the link for the file? Thanks in advance
    Bell sucks, anyone disagrees?
    Can you also pm mE the link
    4:30 pm, still no update for Bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh89 View Post
    4:30 pm, still no update for Bell.
    When the update comes is likely to be measured in days, not hours.
    It probably takes longer for the Bell version of 1.4 because they need time to take out the app catalog stuff so they can leave us with the beta version
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast