Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Jon Rubinstein CEO at Palm said at CES that the 1.4 update would be available to ALL it's customers in February. Well for Bell customers that's BS. In a few hours here we will be the 1st of March. Palm should put pressure on it's carriers to meet expected time frames. I will NEVER buy another Palm product nor will I recommend them to any of my friends.

Paid apps are nowhere in sight either, from a frustrated Bell customer
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    I agree with your point Brain, Palm is not putting enough pressure on Bell, hopefully we will see a change in the future .
    This is just my opinion:

The culture here in Canada is to be very careful about everything, I can guarantee that Bell decided not to release the update until tomorrow so anyone with issues could call their useless customer service

I can also pretty much say that Bell is clueless about how much hype there was around this release and they probably think is not a big deal to delay a few more days

So my money is on tonight or tomorrow the latest and by the way "Go Canada" the US got owned
    Last edited by zx600; 02/28/2010 at 08:26 PM.
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    i vote a couple weeks. =P
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    I really don't think starting a flame war with Palm (or Bell for that matter) is going to resolve anything. If anything, you should leave your messages to whoever's in charge of the Canadian content regulations. They're the ones to blame.
    I would be happy if that was the issue but they came clean and said that. They don't give any reasons though and that ****es me off more than anything else. Also, I don't believe that is the issue
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have good news and bad news.

The bad news are that I have no good news and no 1.4.
    The good news on the other hand are that I have no bad news either.

This is a chat with a palm rep. Hopefully we'll see it next week:

[9:48 PM] Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app02.logmeinrescue.com...
    [9:48 PM] Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    [9:49 PM] Chat session established with Vinnie.
    [9:49 PM] Ze Dude says: Good evening!
    [9:49 PM] Vinnie says: Hello,Good evening.
    [9:49 PM] Vinnie says: I understand that you wish to know when an update is going to be released for Bell.
    [9:50 PM] Ze Dude says: yes
    [9:52 PM] Ze Dude says: Are you still there?
    [9:52 PM] Vinnie says: Well,as of now we have not received any official information from Palm about release of 1.4 for bell,but I am sure it will be released by the this week.
    [9:53 PM] Ze Dude says: by next week? because this week ends tonight.
    [9:53 PM] Vinnie says: yes.
    [9:54 PM] Ze Dude says: so there is no chance to see the update tonight (in february as mr Rubinstein promissed)?
    [9:54 PM] Vinnie says: Well,there is been some delay.
    [9:54 PM] Vinnie says: I am really sorry for it,.
    [9:55 PM] Ze Dude says: can you be more specific... please!!
    [9:55 PM] Ze Dude says: I would really appreciate!
    [9:56 PM] Vinnie says: Well,there is been some changes so ,there has been a delay in release of the 1.4 in the month of Fed.
    [9:56 PM] Vinnie says: Feb*
    [9:57 PM] Ze Dude says: I see... Thank you!
    [9:57 PM] Vinnie says: You are welcome.
    [9:57 PM] Ze Dude says: I guess there is no chance that I could find out a bit about the "changes"?
    [9:58 PM] Vinnie says: Not exactly.
    [9:58 PM] Ze Dude says:
    [9:58 PM] Ze Dude says: ok
    [9:58 PM] Ze Dude says: thank you!
    [9:59 PM] Vinnie says: Thank you for your understanding.
    [9:59 PM] Ze Dude says: Have a great evening!
    [9:59 PM] Vinnie says: You are welcome.
    [9:59 PM] Ze Dude says: Good night! Bye!
    [9:59 PM] Vinnie says: Here’s the reference number for our chat: Chat session ID number 51574849.Keep this number as a record of this chat, contact us again for this same issue, please refer to this number.
    [9:59 PM] Vinnie says: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance. After our chat ends, you’ll receive a survey.
    [9:59 PM] Vinnie says: Bye!
    [9:59 PM] Vinnie says: Good Night!
    [9:59 PM] You have ended the session.
    I am currently talking to the same guy, "Vinnie". I will post the whole conversation when it is done.
    he doesn't know anything. Stop bugging the chat reps. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    he doesn't know anything. Stop bugging the chat reps. Lol.
    Thats what he wants you to think.... So far it seems that he is saying that this is all Bells fault as they are applying their own changes the to update which is causing the hold up. He goes on to say that what Bell is doing is currently unknown to anyone.

Full Chat:

10:09 PM Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app01-09.logmeinrescue.com...
    10:09 PM Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    10:09 PM Support session established with Vinnie.

10:09 PM Krab19: Hello
    10:09 PM Vinnie: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Vinnie.
    10:10 PM Krab19: Nice to meet you
    10:10 PM Vinnie: You too,thank you.
    10:11 PM Vinnie: I understand that you need to info about the release of 1.4 update.
    10:11 PM Krab19: no
    10:11 PM Krab19: i was interesting to know
    10:11 PM Krab19: when Bell mobility will be releasing the 1.4 update
    10:11 PM Krab19: as i understand Sprint, Verizon, and O2 all have the 1.4 update
    10:12 PM Vinnie: Well,as of now there is no official information from palm to us about the release of the 1.4 update.
    10:12 PM Vinnie: But I am sure that it will be release by next week.
    10:12 PM Krab19: is there any reasoning for this hold back?
    10:13 PM Krab19: i do not see why it needs another week to be released
    10:14 PM Vinnie: Well,there are has been some changes in launching of the update at server end so there is been some delay in the release.
    10:15 PM Krab19: i do not understand
    10:15 PM Krab19: would you mind explaining further?
    10:15 PM Vinnie: Sure.
    10:16 PM Vinnie: As the device is WebOS device and all the updates are done over the air.
    10:17 PM Vinnie: The updates first there are dumped in the server of the individual servers like Verezone,OZ,Bell and other servers.
    10:18 PM Vinnie: Well,in that case there has been some change during the release of update in the bell server,so there has been delay.
    10:18 PM Vinnie: I know it bit confusing.
    10:19 PM Krab19: ok
    10:19 PM Vinnie: Did you get me?
    10:19 PM Krab19: so Bell has received the update, but Bell is making changes to it themselves so it need more time?
    10:19 PM Vinnie: yes.
    10:20 PM Vinnie: Once the right time comes your device will automatically receive the update and you will be having the latest update on your device.
    10:20 PM Krab19: ok
    10:20 PM Krab19: i understand that
    10:21 PM Krab19: but why is it that Bell need to change the update?
    10:22 PM Vinnie: Well,that information is provided to us ,it is all server end and it is maintained by server maintenance team.
    10:22 PM Krab19: i do not understand
    10:23 PM Vinnie: We have no information about the internal process that is happening as it's not been revealed to any one.
    10:23 PM Krab19: alright
    10:23 PM Krab19: well thank you very much
    10:24 PM Vinnie: Thank you for your understanding.
    10:24 PM Vinnie: Can I be of any further help?
    10:24 PM Krab19: no thank you
    10:24 PM Vinnie: Here’s the reference number for our chat: Chat session ID number 51575474 .Keep this number as a record of this chat, contact us again for this same issue, please refer to this number.
    10:24 PM Vinnie: Thank you for contacting Palm and feel free to contact us for further assistance.
    10:25 PM Krab19: bye
    Last edited by Krab19; 02/28/2010 at 09:30 PM.
    Heh, I wouldn't get too worked up over what the chat guys say. I was told almost the exact same thing ("there's been a delay" and "it should show up within the next week") and then ten minutes later I checked and the update (at this time it was 1.3.5.1) was available.
    If it's within a week I can handle that.. so long as it isn't too long.
    wow, stop wasting Palms time, no wonder why they are losing money, let the guy do his job by helping out people that actually have problems with their phones,

the update will come and if there is a delay there's nothing that guy will know
    also maybe they just want to give up an update with a Paid Apps all at once, I can wait for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    10:17 PM Vinnie: The updates first there are dumped in the server of the individual servers like Verezone,OZ,Bell and other servers.
    Vinnie is a horrible speller :P
    lol.
    Well just another thing to add to our list of second class treatment. Bell does not understand the hype that was behind this release. Basically they are bashing their own sales because they don't believe there was enough people backing the product to justify hasting there repair or whatever they are doing to the server.
    A buddy in Mexico successfully cooked a hybrid Webosdoctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...cel-pre-d.html
    2:03 AM - Hamilton Ontario
    Still nothing for bell...
    2:21, MOntreal, Qc.

No 1.4, But hey guys, you just wont be able to film something this week. Your phone is not going to vaporize if not updated in the next hours! Hahahah!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylawca View Post
    A buddy in Mexico successfully cooked a hybrid Webosdoctor.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...cel-pre-d.html
    Just finished trying this particular hack.....no luck. Using a Mac OSX I followed the steps as listed. Meta Doctor fails during the 'make' process with an error of

mv build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.3.5.1/rootfs/md5sums build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.3.5.1/rootfs/md5sums.old
    mv: rename build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.3.5.1/rootfs/md5sums to build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.3.5.1/rootfs/md5sums.old: Not a directory
    make: *** [build/pre-p100eww-bellmo-1.3.5.1/.patched] Error 1

At the point of failure the indicated directory does contain two files (md5sums.new, md5sums.old) However there is no directoy with either of those names.

Very tired, going to bed.....will attempt this again later on when I am awake.