Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Screw both Bell and Palm. Bell's lame *** poor unstable service is very limited. plus, palm is so fricken stupid! i told them on thier facebook page that i was going to leave if they didn't smarten up! heres what i posted:

Shy Kim fricken palm! every country but canada? you've done the opposite of my request. smarten up palm! no wonder my friends never recommended this phone. launch paid apps and 1.4 to canada! and stop saying "SOON" whats your definition of soon? march 29th? jesus christ.
    ~signed unhappy customer.

Palm Shy, some networks deploy updates a little more quickly than others. While we can't comment on specific carriers, this article at PreCentral provides a reasonably good overview of how the update certification and release process works:

Hang in there.

PS: MY NAME ISN'T SHY KIM, ITS MY FLAME ACCOUNT WHERE I ALWAYS SPAM/SWARE/OFFEND/BUG OTHERS THROUGH FACEBOOK =)
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I really don't think starting a flame war with Palm (or Bell for that matter) is going to resolve anything. If anything, you should leave your messages to whoever's in charge of the Canadian content regulations. They're the ones to blame.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    yes, becuase posting a stupid comment like that on a facebook page is really going to help..........
    Well Verizon has it now... anyone have any new news for us?
    If i don't have the update by tuesday i'll gonna unleash a can of whoopass on somebody!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    7AM, FEB 28, FAIL. They just don't want us to record Canada mens hockey beating USA, but want to let USA record if they win so they can gloat even more. Typical.

In contracts with carriers they really outta have some clause that states the carrier cannot act in manners which reflect badly on Palm or it's products resulting in fines or lost of rights to distribute product.

Bell doesn't communicate with its customers like the US carriers do i.e. forums, twitter and the people in live chats or phone don't know anything. Its too bad Palm wouldn't step up to the podium in these situations and inform its users.

Poor customer experience.
    Oh well... last in the customer service department.. but first in gold medals! Lol
    yeah palm is a joke here in Canada. All my co-workers have iphones and they make fun of me for it. The nerds.

Bah!

@#$$%5^$%
    The only reason i am with bell is because they have the Palm Pre. They have the worst customer service and dont know anything about PALM products. Bell Technicians basically always refer me to call PALM's customer service for any inquiries which you have to pay for now.

I WANT MY 1.4 TOO>>DAMN YOU BELL

P.S I WISH WE HAD MORE OPTIONS AS CONSUMERS FOR CELLULAR CARRIERS THAT SUPPORT PALM DEVICES>
    As someone who deals with all 3 carriers in Canada on a daily basis for work, let me just say that all 3 are pretty much about the same in every respect. Trust me, it's not like if the Pre was on Telus or Rogers that we would be any better off.

Let me say this again. This WebOS rollout is pretty much like every Mobile OS rollout by any company not named Apple, ever.
    can't we just use the sprint 1.4 webos doctor and have the new update installed....?? does that work or does it mess up the phone???
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So had a live chat with Palm, and they said cause 1.4 has been released on Sprint and Verizon, it should be very soon. I'm thinking midnight, if you look at the history...

Friday Midnight = Sprint
    Saturday Midnight = Verizon
    Sunday Midnight = ?

I think were are just last on the totem poll. USA will update first and then Canada.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    if you people are really that disappointed with bell's service, I suggest shooting an email to the president of Bell Mobile. I got out of my samsung instinct by sending him emails and dealing with his assistants and so on.
    wade.oosterman@bell.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by drvon View Post
    So had a live chat with Palm, and they said cause 1.4 has been released on Sprint and Verizon, it should be very soon. I'm thinking midnight, if you look at the history...

Friday Midnight = Sprint
    Saturday Midnight = Verizon
    Sunday Midnight = ?

I think were are just last on the totem poll. USA will update first and then Canada.
    They will just say "oh, if it's been released on those carriers, then it should be soon here" because the Customer service rep that you are talking to on the phone doesn't know. They aren't given that kind of information until it happens. Talking to CR is not going to get the update faster, because the people answering the phones are about as far away as possible from the actual process.
    I do not think the delay is because of palm. Its bell and their ****ty service. Last time we had to wait 2 weeks for the update. Id be very surprised if we got it sooner than 2 weeks. Bell does not care about the pre and pushing updates its all about the iphone now that its out on bell.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    dude that list is from 2008. Cope isnt the president of Bell Mobility anymore. Its Oosterman
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misasi View Post
    I do not think the delay is because of palm. Its bell and their ****ty service. Last time we had to wait 2 weeks for the update. Id be very surprised if we got it sooner than 2 weeks. Bell does not care about the pre and pushing updates its all about the iphone now that its out on bell.
    Yeah that makes perfect sense. You have to remember that we live in a capitalistic country. Companies here dont run on making everything merry and fair for everybody. Like any other company Bell will take good care of their best money maker (which i believe is the Iphone right now). So yea they could care less about a phone that isnt bringing them a lot of cash.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    guys, they don't give a ****, we are 20 bell users on this forum and 40 in all Canada )
    Quote Originally Posted by saketh321 View Post
    dude that list is from 2008. Cope isnt the president of Bell Mobility anymore. Its Oosterman
    Yep, but most of the emails are still active.
    well just a little over 4 hours to go in february here in toronto canada.....and we still don't have our palm 1.4 update from bell.....last on list....but gold in the mens hockey . So...I guess we might just have to wait until march for the up date and dream of paid apps to follow.......please palm. I love my pre....had it since october...love the hardware and enjoy the webos.....but with the potenial hidden behind free apps and second class treatment from bell.... I still have to fight for the glory with my I-phone and Blackberry co-workers
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast