Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    The dudes that are responsible with the delay are at home not giving a ****!!
    we can still try to bug them.

mwa hahaha.

we can try to use the dark side of the force to strangle them...
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    I switched to Bell from Rogers even though I was happy with Rogers simply because of the Palm Pre. I've been with them since August and truth be told, there's nothing about their service to that I would call excellent. Some are satisfactory (coverage) but some are downright awful (data transfer rates and support for the Pre).

As for the slow-to-support attitude I see wrt the Pre, I figure they're probably in bed right now with Samsung while the Vancouver Winter Olympics are ongoing. They still have the Pre demo stand prominently displayed in stores here in Calgary, but all their ads seem to showcase the Olympics and a Samsung phone.

Personally, if Rogers ever adopts the GSM Pre for their UMTS network, I'd drop Bell in a heartbeat and swallow the early termination fee. Yes, I am that unhappy with Bell.
    I'm in BC

Anytime I refresh updates it says "Your phone is up to date" and lists the features of 1.3.5.1

Sad but true we are treated like the red headed step child ... poor Canada and it's lack of Palm love.
    im trying to hack the jar and doctor it. I did it last time there was an update. Hope it goes as smoothly now.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i havn't tried yet, i had to work today

but i shall try in a bit hope it works, i really want this update
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    im trying to hack the jar and doctor it. I did it last time there was an update. Hope it goes as smoothly now.
    please let us know, so we can say.

screw you palm/bell.
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    i tried replacing the WebOS.tar or whatever from the sprint to the bell doctor, and it just hangs at 3%.. looks like we'll have to wait
    Yeah same here. =( It just hangs. I guess they fixed that business.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Yeah same here. =( It just hangs. I guess they fixed that business.

damn them it better come tonight or tomorrow night for bell, i hate being lied to
    I know right?

I'm sick of this second rate treatment from palm. They hate us in Canada. It's no wonder no one is buying the phone. =(

grrrrrrrrrrrr
    Crap. Well, at least now I know it's not just me. hanging at 3% both from my w7x64 machine and from an xp32 netbook. Guess I'll give up.

I really hate bell =7
    You guys do realize that this OS update for the Pre is like pretty much every other OS update on any phone OS, ever, except for the iPhone. The iPhone is seriously the only phone in the world where every single device get the update at the same time.

RIM has been doing this with BlackBerry updates since the beginning of time, WinMo updates don't even always make it to all the phones, and on Android there are still phones out there that are stuck on 1.5, even though 1.6, 2.0, and 2.1 have come out on other devices.

Yes, it sucks, but calm down. I want the update just as bad as everyone, but to expect that this update will be anything except similar to every other OS update on any phone not made by Apple ever is a bit unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by antitoast View Post
    Crap. Well, at least now I know it's not just me. hanging at 3% both from my w7x64 machine and from an xp32 netbook. Guess I'll give up.

I really hate bell =7
    I did the hacked update last time, and it was smooth sailing. I would be a little more worried about the 1.4 update because the Bell apps and config might need to be updated. I don't know if APIs were changed, but I can see that there might be some differences. Of course, I don't know that much about it - I just decided to make the leap last time, and re-Doctor if it didn't work.
    I am on bell in ontario and just checked and no update. I had blackberry storm before the pre about 1 month ago. I love this phone and what there were wanting to do with it but since it did not sell like they wanted they will slowly forget this one and move on to the next. Just like going from the pre to pre plus. Did not take long to bring part 2 out. And the next big short thing is the C40n
    canada will be waitting long time for the good apps and that if we do get them . If we did not what would happon......nothing.
    Any CDMA update for blackberry phones could use a CDMA update. You didn't have to use the carrier specific file..
    I did the splicing of the Sprint webos.tar to the Bell doctor for 1.3.5 and it worked fine for me. Now, my impatient self made me try this method again for 1.4 but it doesn't seem to work. The installing hangs at 3% unfortunately. I would really like to get this working. Palm should just release a universal doctor in the future so all carriers get it at the same time like Apple does with the iPhone.

So, the installer hangs at 3%. According to a wiki page for webos doctor, at 3% it transfers a ramdisk to the pre and reboots the phone. (shown as step 2)
    I wonder why it's getting stuck there.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    I just spoke with a palm representative:
    12:48 PM Nancy: It will be released in a couple of days.
    Well I really hope this is reliable intel.

Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    I switched to Bell from Rogers even though I was happy with Rogers simply because of the Palm Pre.
    Same for me, but I haven't really had any issues with Bell. Service seems to be pretty good here in Vancouver. I haven't needed any support from them except for when I needed to get a replacement phone which they did within a matter of days. The only thing that's a joke is that they removed the unlimited data plans! I'm glad I got in on that deal early, and I hope they bring it back soon for all new customers.

It's probably the Canadian government's fault that we're getting screwed over. Last I heard, they take forever to grant companies permissions improve cellular technology for whatever reasons (privacy probably). It's not just Palm, it's everything related to cellular service.

- Delays on WebOS updates
    - No paid apps
    - Plans that cost nearly twice as much as the US
    - No WIFI tethering (although, I finally got USB tethering to work through MyTether the other day)
    - No Google Voice
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Well I really hope this is reliable intel.
    I hope NOT ... a couple of days for them means a week or two!

Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    It's probably the Canadian government's fault that we're getting screwed over. Last I heard, they take forever to grant companies permissions improve cellular technology for whatever reasons (privacy probably). It's not just Palm, it's everything related to cellular service.

- Delays on WebOS updates
    - No paid apps
    You do realise this is not the case, right?! Apple updates the whole planet at once and there is a paid appstore/itunes store from them!
    Palm isn't the only one holding back tech and related content from Canada, suggesting the problem is indeed broader than we think. CBC did a news story when CES was going on about issues regarding technology adoption in Canada. You can read it at CBC News - Technology & Science - CES a tech tease for Canadians.
    Last edited by kallan42; 02/27/2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Modified text for clarity.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast