Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I wish I could change my phone to another network, I dont care if I would have to put my updates stolen from sprint.

LOL

I really wish I could.

And stop paying for a darn awful lack of service...
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I don't blame bell... it's palm who's giving them the power to update us later. Apple is not giving them this opportunity! There's no wonder that almost everybody prefers iphone over pre! Palm pre it's just a very good idea, applied horribly!
    ha ha.

I guess I will go to sleep, no 1.4 for Canada.

What was I dreaming.

Anyways, I liked so much your chat with them.

It made my day.

Ha ha.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

Bell has completely stopped trying to even promote Palm products in their stores. Their sales staff know absolutely nothing about the product, and they will actively try to sell you one of the other smart phones without ever mentioning the Palm devices. If you directly ask them about the Palm Pre, you will receive a comment along the lines that the phone is really still in beta and that there are next to no apps available, you'd be much better off with 'brand x'........etc. In other words the sales staff just simply couldn't care to move a Palm Pre.

I personally wouldn't be holding my breath for a WebOS 1.4 release to appear 'soon', rather it will either not appear at all, or it'll be towards the end of March. Also don't expect the full app catalogue to appear either.

As I've said before; If the paid app catalogue does not make it to Canada before the next iteration of the iPhone appears, then I will be jumping ship to the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    @Harmony
    I bought this pre just to wait for the next iteration of iphone, but I don't think I'll make it .
    As for bell staff, they are absolutely right! This is a dumbphone here in Canada! The general support is totally lacking! When I compare this with apple's support... the winner is by default apple!
    So sad.

Sad But True...

Wanted to believe bell would come through, but really not surprised...
    Well I'm on o2 UK and we got it today (27th) so the same might happen for you, hope so I know how disappointing it can be.
    Absolutely mental Depeche Mode fan since 1988, iPhone themer, app UI design, PM me for anything graphics-wise.
    7:30 here in toronto.....to wake up to.....NOOOOO 1.4...the 1.4 antipation page is closed,and canada is left in the cold waiting. I've been patient with Bell....but now I'm fustrated beyond their lazy ,palm pre ingnoring ways. I think we'll never get our paid apps also....this is a joke when this phone has so much potential,that eveyone seems to be enjoying elsewhere in the world......Just sad
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    checked this morning, all excited when i woke up, just to see that bell had kicked me in the nuts again

edit: what i'm going to do is get the 1.4 sprint webos doctor, and put the 1.4 files into a bell webos doctor, i did it with 1.3.5 and it worked
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    @dohboy15 if palm would do like apple (perhaps rim also), the updates would hit all the planet at once! I blame palm for this kind of ****ty treatment for their customers! I guess the appcat will also become available for all the planet but Canada.... totally nice!
    Whenever you find a 1.4 sprint webos doctor please post in here!
    =( stupid bell
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    well ... here you have all instructions to get Sprint 1.4 on your pre. Funck bell, palm and whoever is to blame!!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-bell-pre.html
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I'm trying to install it but I get this "your device is not compatible with this version of webos doctor"
    It's no wonder Bell employees don't push the Pre when there is no paid catalog with no date as to when it will be available as well as updates being last in the world. Great way for Palm to pass on negative word of mouth this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dohboy15 View Post
    checked this morning, all excited when i woke up, just to see that bell had kicked me in the nuts again

edit: what i'm going to do is get the 1.4 sprint webos doctor, and put the 1.4 files into a bell webos doctor, i did it with 1.3.5 and it worked
    Any luck getting this to work? My webos doctor won't go any further after it installs novacmd
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    so, do you get the same "your device is not compatible with this version of webos doctor" error?
    I got the error when I ran the Sprint webos doctor for 1.4.0 I tried replacing the webos.tar file in the bell webos 1.3.5.1 file, then it just hangs and won't go any further. I think that's what I did when 1.3.5.1 came out but I can't remember for sure.
    I don't have any idea how many Pre owners there are here in Canada but we need to make our presence better understood with Bell. We expect and deserve the same treatment other Pre owners have with their providers. That said, I know I will be relentlessly bugging them to get our 1.4 update to us ASAP!
    how can we bug then, I will help...

mwa ha ha ha...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast