Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agusta View Post
    Hi guys...1.4 is available for Bell cause I hit the update button and saw it was available for download. I wasn't able to complete the download due to my battery being low and now dead

Just thought I let everyone know. Can't wait to get home and download it
    I tried as soon as I saw this message, but nothing... And now everybody must be trying to get the update as it is no longer responding... "Checking for updates..." stuck.

Update : nop... no updates
    Last edited by ukabu; 02/26/2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    yes I did... How did you know
    aaaand?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    she didn't understand the ****ing question, I got nervous and I closed the chat .
    My latest roll-out report is at http://forums.precentral.net/2253566-post36.html

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hi guys...1.4 is available for Bell cause I hit the update button and saw it was available for download. I wasn't able to complete the download due to my battery being low and now dead

Just thought I let everyone know. Can't wait to get home and download it
    Where in Canada are you?? It's not (as of 2:41 Calgary time) showing here yet.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Well it is 7:00 Halifax time and nothing is showing up here as of yet.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    Where in Canada are you?? It's not (as of 2:41 Calgary time) showing here yet.
    I am from Calgary as well. The last time I tried the update was around noon or something, can't recall the exact time. But I will be home again in few hours here so I will charge the Pre and fire up the update. By reading the other comments sounds like no one has been able to get the update as of yet

I will report back once I get back home.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    still nothing at 6:42pm ontario
    I am from Calgary as well. The last time I tried the update was around noon or something, can't recall the exact time. But I will be home again in few hours here so I will charge the Pre and fire up the update. By reading the other comments sounds like no one has been able to get the update as of yet

I will report back once I get back home.
    It was probably an application update, not 1.4.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by needsmoar View Post
    Got 11 Pres here at work, no updates available yet on Bell in Ontario. I think the last one ended up becoming available early evening. I keep checking every 30 mins or so though

Also last time the update was available it was available on all 11 at about the same time so take that for whatever it may or may not mean.
    lucky! i hope mine comes soon, just checked (6:51 PM Eastern Time) and nothing

EDIT: everytime i check for an update, 9\10 times i get an "Unable To Connect" message, but sometimes it says i'm up to date.. not sure if that means anything
    Last edited by dohboy15; 02/26/2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ya i was getting the unable to connect but the sprint guy i'm talking to was too now its saying its up to date again i'm guessing we are DOS'n the update server by checking every 10 mins
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Palm's chatting service is down... just release the damn update!
    Last edited by neodoru; 02/26/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    I have decided to cook other WebOSdoctor into my Bell's WebOS if available.
    Does anyone know any WebOSdoctor 1.4 here?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have spoken with 2 dudes from "Palm support" and they don't know anything about 1.4 coming for Canada or the paid apps. I think they are upset that the women's hockey team lost the gold medal because of the canadian team ).
    Anyway... for canadians, palm has the worst support! Update will probably come after a few days after everyone else (at least that's what that women from palm said) and the app catalog will be filled with crap another year!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    So... sprint and everyone else got the update... bell doesn't! Mother funckers!!!!!!!!!
    You'll get it soon... then 2 minutes later the mods will close your thread.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    So this is my last chitchat with Palm regarding bell 1.4 and Appcatalog availability in Canada:

[1:45 AM] Connecting to Rescue Gateway: control.app02.logmeinrescue.com...
    [1:45 AM] Connected to Rescue Gateway. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    [1:48 AM] Chat session established with Barney.
    [1:48 AM] Barney says: Hello Me.
    [1:48 AM] Barney says: Thank you for contacting Palm. My name is Barney.
    [1:48 AM] Me says: Hello Barney
    [1:48 AM] Barney says: I understand that you are trying to get information 1.4 update for bell customers.
    [1:48 AM] Me says: yep
    [1:48 AM] Barney says: I will provide you the required information.
    [1:49 AM] Me says: I hope so!!
    [1:49 AM] Barney says: It is not yet released for US customers also.
    [1:49 AM] Me says: want to bet?
    [1:49 AM] Me says: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hread-175.html
    [1:49 AM] Barney says: Yes. It is not yet released.
    [1:50 AM] Barney says: Whenever it is released, ti will be pushed to your devices automatically.
    [1:50 AM] Me says: take a look on pre central forums... everybody got the update
    [1:50 AM] Barney says: No need to update it manually.
    [1:50 AM] Barney says: However, whenever we have an information, we will have that update posted on our Official blog at The Official Palm Blog.
    [1:50 AM] Me says: I know that... I just want to know when will it be available
    [1:50 AM] Barney says: It is our official blog.
    [1:52 AM] Me says: So you said "[1:48 AM] Barney says: I will provide you the required information." ... Can you provide me the release date for bell customers???
    [1:52 AM] Barney says: Right now, we do not have any information from our Product Management or from the Engineering Team.
    [1:53 AM] Barney says: We do not have any information on exact time frame for release of webOS 1.4 update.
    [1:53 AM] Me says: Can I speak with someone who knows that??? why is this such a mistery for YOUR CUSTOMERS
    [1:54 AM] Barney says: I have provided all the information, I could give from my end.
    [1:54 AM] Me says: how about a date when the paid apps become available for canadian customers?
    [1:54 AM] Me says: let me guess... nobody knows!
    [1:55 AM] Me says: I'm sorry if I'm being rude ... I know it's not your fault!
    [1:56 AM] Barney says: Please be on hold while I provide you the chat to my supervisor.
    [1:56 AM] Me says: ok
    [1:56 AM] Barney says: *transfer
    [1:56 AM] Me says: thanks
    [1:56 AM] Transferring session to another technician...
    [1:56 AM] Chat session established with Dave.
    [1:57 AM] Dave says: Hi Me.
    [1:57 AM] Me says: Good evening!
    [1:57 AM] Dave says: Please give me a moment while I go through the previous chat session.
    [1:57 AM] Me says: Can you please provide me a release date for 1,4 update for bell customers?
    [1:58 AM] Dave says: Right now we don't have information regarding the web OS1.4 update.
    [1:58 AM] Dave says: I suggest you to keep checking our Palm site for further updates.
    [1:58 AM] Me says: I see that US just got the update... why is bell always behind?
    [1:58 AM] Me says: I already know about the blog! Please don't mention it!
    [1:59 AM] Dave says: The update has not been released anywhere right now.
    [1:59 AM] Me says: Well it was... I'll give you a link to precentral if you want
    [1:59 AM] Me says: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hread-176.html
    [2:00 AM] Dave says: The link is at the precentral but not in our official site.
    [2:00 AM] Dave says: It's a forum.
    [2:00 AM] Me says: whatever... they got the update... we didn;t
    [2:00 AM] Dave says: When the update is released it will automatically get installed in your device over the air.
    [2:01 AM] Me says: I just want to know when will it be available... so i don;t press that darn update button every hour
    [2:01 AM] Dave says: I am sorry but we don't know the exact date of the release.
    [2:01 AM] Me says: is it so hard to actually "support" a customer?
    [2:01 AM] Me says: ok
    [2:01 AM] Dave says: I suggest you to keep on checking our Palm website for updates.
    [2:02 AM] Me says: can you at least provide me a timeframe for paid apps for Canada?
    [2:02 AM] Dave says: I am sorry we don't have time frame for that.
    [2:03 AM] Me says: so it will not be in the same time as Europe?! That means March
    [2:03 AM] Dave says: I am not sure about it.
    [2:04 AM] Me says: Does the Palm CEO know that Palm Pre is sold in Canada? Because the support for this country is really limited
    [2:05 AM] Me says: sorry for bothering you...I know it's not your fault! I'm just a totally unstatisfied customer who will probably go back to his iphone
    [2:05 AM] Me says: have a great night!
    [2:05 AM] Dave says: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    [2:06 AM] Dave says: Is there anything else I could help you with?
    [2:06 AM] Me says: nope
    [2:06 AM] Me says: good night!
    [2:06 AM] You have ended the session.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You'll get it soon... then 2 minutes later the mods will close your thread.
    Yeah... just like we got the paid apps )
    NEODORU, you are my man.

Bell in Canada sucks, big time, at least with the pre, the only phone Ive ever had on their network.

They suck, big time.
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Apparently Palm is not treating it's customers equally... Canadians are considered second-hand customers or smth. Mother funkers!
    They won't see a cent from me ever!
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast