Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    Yeah this is absolute BS. Who uses MMS anyway? Give us the update already.
    I don't send MMS messages myself, but I get at least a dozen a week from friends who just have basic camera phones and want to send me pictures. MMS is used by a lot of people. Just because you don't use it, and people here don't use it, doesn't mean that it's not a higly used feature among the masses.
    how is it for those of you who installed the hacked update, it went ok?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    Could check the IPKFetcher link from the front page. Can download the ipkg file for any free app and install with WebOSQI. Haven't tried it yet...
    Pretty much yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell View Post
    how is it for those of you who installed the hacked update, it went ok?
    It works, but the App Catalog doesn't show you a lot of the apps that it should and you have to download and install them manually on your PC/Mac with ipkFetcher and WebOS Quick Install. Even then, some things like the new Facebook App (at least for me) just can't be got... I'll be switching back to the real 1.4 when it becomes widely available.

Unfortunately, it also comes with a lot of the bugs people have been reporting about in 1.4 -- complex multi-day google calender events not showing up properly, random luna restarts, disappearing lock screen clock, slow response to power button pushes, unexpected volume change notification pop-ups (that may be deliberate, I only see them when the output device changes between bluetooth and internal speaker), irregular notification LED blinks...

These could all be reasons why Bell's been pickier, if you recall they skipped 1.3.5 and went straight to the fixed 1.3.5.1 version. Maybe initially they were holding out for a 1.4.1 release that fixed a bunch of this stuff but then caved to public pressure.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    The reason they went straight to 1.3.5.1 is because it came out literally about 8 days after 1.3.5, and palm announced that it was coming out about 2 days after 1.3.5 dropped for Sprint. Why would you deploy an OS with a pretty significant known bug when you know the fix is coming within a week?
    I will definitely be waiting for the official 1.4 update. I have been a loyal Palm client for years - before Palm was a phone. I just want it to work and while all the tech stuff would be great to know - I shouldn't have to know it to get the phone to work. With that in mind, I have been hitting my update button and it is going in a endless search for updates. Is this a problem or will it correct itself? thanks for your assistance.
    just got 1.4.0 on bell in barrie
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yukonnn View Post
    Me too... In Ottawa... Downloading now
    yey....it's here!!!
    YAY....1.4.0 is now available for BELL!!!! it's 1.11pm rite now...

Quote Originally Posted by yukonnn View Post
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    downloading now also fina-f*ing-lly

available @ 2pm AST
    Just got it in Toronto - I can't downloaded as I am running the 800 Patch damm - I will have to unistall the patch, update to 1.4 for a few days and then doctor it back to 1.3.5 and do further 800 testing, this is fun
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Just got it here. I'm so excited that I almost forgot to remove my theme before installing it.
    it's about damn time...Bell is always so slow...shhhesh...who works up there anyhow? sum old geezer? )
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsis View Post
    Just got it here. I'm so excited that I almost forgot to remove my theme before installing it.
    Shut, thanks for the reminder
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Downloading now in ontario.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Yea!
    1.4's released now here in Vancouver B.C As of 10:00AM !!
    confirmed, here in Edmonton. Downloading now.

Thank you Bell
    Hey guys, just checked and the update is finally here.

Peace.

Prelover29
    awwwwwww, I could have been still sleeping in if I was still living in Vancity...I miss home....

Quote Originally Posted by yoshivan View Post
    Yea!
    1.4's released now here in Vancouver B.C As of 10:00AM !!