Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Yeah this is absolute BS. Who uses MMS anyway? Give us the update already.
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Quote Originally Posted by dio_free View Post
    @Tom
    ...I'm sorry guys, how did you manage to update FB? I am having difficulty...
    Open up your app catalog and then click on the shopping bag and update from there.

Yea this is ridiculous that we do not have this update.
    ive been using 1.4 on my Bell phone for a while. PM me if you need some help with a hybrid doctor. It'd be worth it if you like tinkering with your phone and wanna see the update.
    Thanks!
    Can Someone please send me the link to get 1.4 on my phone? I'm sick of waiting for this update. Is it going to wreck my phone if i do the hack?
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only Bell customer in Canada who is still waiting for 1.4.0. I do have a question though:
    - Can I just install it overtop of the patches and tweaks that I've done?
    - Do I need to disable the developer mode in order for it to update?

I've never done a WebOS update since learning about developer mode. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gujifijian View Post
    um...I'm a GIRL!!!

Im so sorry.

Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ritag82 View Post
    Can Someone please send me the link to get 1.4 on my phone? I'm sick of waiting for this update. Is it going to wreck my phone if i do the hack?
    No, your phone will be just fine. I've been running the hacked version of 1.4 now for 2 days....works great. Check your PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    No, your phone will be just fine. I've been running the hacked version of 1.4 now for 2 days....works great. Check your PM.
    Let's give it a try. Can you PM me also that link?

Thank's
    Can someone PM that link please?

For 1.4 home cooked?
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    I might just say F it and just go get an Iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray333 View Post
    Palm has until the next release of the iPhone (July ish) to get their act, and the Paid App Catalogue, together for the Canadian market....if not, then I'm moving to an iPhone myself.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    7:30 next morning and still nothing *facepalm*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray333 View Post
    Yeah, they only took a year to release an app catalogue and two for search, cut, copy and paste. You'll be much happier...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    Palm has until the next release of the iPhone (July ish) to get their act, and the Paid App Catalogue, together for the Canadian market....if not, then I'm moving to an iPhone myself.
    Any word beginning with "i" is illegal on this forum..
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Yeah, they only took a year to release an app catalogue and two for search, cut, copy and paste. You'll be much happier...

I'm designing a new car for the market, Its going to be modeled after the 1993 Ford Taurus. You just have to think of all the new features I will be adding over time I mean look how long it took Ford to do it.
    March 4th, Peterborough, Ont.

8:45am, checked for updates; nothing available but application updated.

8:50am, power-cycled phone, checked for updates. Now I'm told "Your phone is up to date" at 1.3.5.1.

Damn. I recall Bell treated us Treo users (previous 650p, 700p owner) as second class citizens. Was hoping things would be different with the Pre, given the amount of hype they generated at launch.

Sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    Damn... I have a Frankenstein build and it doesn't see the new face**** app! Craaap!!!
    Could check the IPKFetcher link from the front page. Can download the ipkg file for any free app and install with WebOSQI. Haven't tried it yet...
    I think the only "issue" with MMS is that Bell doesn't want users to cause increased traffic on their network by sending videos over MMS... So in all their greatness they are disabling the send video over MMS feature.

Anyway... Pretty sh!ty service from both Bell and Palm in Canada... Why do we only begin to get some info when we harrass the president of the company?? Paid apps, even with the different tax system etc., should/could of been setup within days... Not months...

They really put a damper on the whole user experience with the phone.
    Last edited by fnair; 03/04/2010 at 08:24 AM.
    really happy about getting the FB update before webOS 1.4

boo bell