Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Well hopefully we will see something within the next few days.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    the assistent called me and told me that the update is live, so ENJOY
    i think i`ve pressed the refresh button in updates app like 350 times
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    the assistent called me and told me that the update is live, so ENJOY
    Just checked.. still not here for me at 4:27 pm EST
    i think for your pre to see the update, it needs to be restarted, which i`m doing now, i`ll let you know in a minute

----nada
    Last edited by schnell; 03/03/2010 at 03:34 PM.
    That's it!! I'm tired of waiting! I'm paying the ETF (and data ETF) and going back to rogers! j/j ....I've injected myself with nanites that would kill me (slowly and painfully) in the event that I ever went back to rogers
    love the tag of this topic 'bell eats kittens' ... lol. But yea no update yet 5:25pm EST.. neodoru they lied to you
    funny thing is that i work for bell mobility. And i own a palm pre. i got a newsletter saying it's available for all bell customer's. And i tried to update myne and it updated all my apps but not the software. The message i got 'your phone is up to date'..1.3.5.1.....i gotta say even I'm dissappointed that I couldn't get it to update...i'm gonna have to call my help desk and get them to walk me through...but here's the newsletter stating what the updates includes....
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    ok so apparantly I can't post it cuz i don't have 10 posts...just shy of 3 posts....
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    grrrrrr guess I'm gonna have to make some nonsense talk here
    newsletter?
    Yay!11
    Palm Pre software upgrade to WebOS 1.4 – echo 26

Effective date Immediately

Description To enhance the user experience for Bell clients with the Palm Pre smartphone, a new software upgrade for WebOS (version 1.4) is now available. Bell strongly recommends clients with the Palm Pre smartphone to upgrade their software.

The following table outlines the enhancements that WebOS 1.4 will provide:

Enhancement Description
    Video Capture • Camera now supports video capture.
    • Video editing on device (trim beginning & end).
    • Upload to YouTube/Facebook or via email/MMS.
    Calendar • Ability to dial numbers from the appointment subject.
    • Allow custom alert sounds for calendar events.
    • Added AM/PM and 'now' indicator for easier readability.
    Email • Clients can customize email notification (specify ringtone, mute, vibrate).
    • Phone numbers and email addresses in emails can be added directly to contacts.
    • New sort options (date, sender, subject).
    • After sending an email, the user is taken right back to inbox view.
    Messaging • Ability to forward SMS to email
    • Can dial a number from chat view without opening a contact card
    User Experience • Faster performance in several areas of the phone and calendar application
    • User interface will provide more feedback to users during app launch
    • Button in gesture area blinks when there are pending notifications
    • Will now include GAL i.e. corporate address book
    • Press and hold a phone number (identified via smart text) to get more options Call, SMS

Sales Consultants with in-store demo Palm Pre units will be sent instructions to update the software to WebOS 1.4 separately.

Please Note:
    With the upgrade to WebOS 1.4, clients may temporarily experience trouble in the sending a Video via MMS messages. Clients may send video messages using their email client on the Palm Pre until this is resolved.

Procedure How Clients Can Check their Software Version on the Palm Pre:
    • Open Launcher screen
    • select Device Info.

How Clients Can Perform the Software Upgrade on the Palm Pre:
    • Open Launcher
    • select Updates.
    • The Palm Pre will check for new upgrades and display Checking for updates….
    • Upgrades for existing applications will occur. If available, other applications may appear on this screen for upgrading.
    • If there are no upgrades available, the message Application updates are not available will appear.

Failed Software Upgrades - Procedure:
    • If the software upgrade fails after retrying three (3) times, instructions will appear on the screen as to what to do next. The WebOS Doctor is an option for a client to resolve these problems at their home or office. This application allows clients to re-install the Palm Pre’s operating system via their computer if the over-the-air software upgrade failed. Please direct clients to www.palm.com/ROM to resolve these scenarios.

WebOS Doctor:
    • The WebOS Doctor is used to recover a Palm Pre from a failed software upgrade. In most cases, the WebOS Doctor will resolve the problem with no need to send the device out for repair.
    • Clients should be directed to www.palm.com/ROM for more information and instructions on how to restore their Palm Pre.

Reference For more details and a full list of features for the WebOS 1.4, clients can visit one of the following web sites:
    http://palm.com/webos-pre-bell-en
    Palm smartphone support- bell.ca
    keep in mind the above post is for Bell customers only!
    well I call it newsletter but it's really only for employees. sorta like updates on various promotions and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by darkenedreality View Post
    newsletter?
  16. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gujifijian View Post
    Please Note:
    With the upgrade to WebOS 1.4, clients may temporarily experience trouble in the sending a Video via MMS messages. Clients may send video messages using their email client on the Palm Pre until this is resolved.
    I'm guessing this is why 1.4 was delayed, and I'm also guessing that the only reason it is being released today instead of after the problem gets fixed is because of people like us e-mailing and annoying them with complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by gujifijian View Post
    Palm Pre software upgrade to WebOS 1.4 echo 26

Effective date Immediately

Darn no paid appz But thans a lot for the info!!!

also..... by the release it looks like the bug (video in mms) that caused the delay to the update wasn't (totally) fixed.......
    I'm currently on the phone with my help desk and apparantly they know nothing about this update! And im' totally shocked that they know nothing about it...let's see what the end result is...if they know nothing about it, then I'm assuming Bell needs to hire more competent people who are on the ball!
    ok so here's the bad news......my help desk doesn't know anything about this update. They advised me to keep trying within few days. The rep is assuming that because it was just launched as of today, it may not have been completely pushed through...(mmmm...say what?)....so yeah my advice....wait till 2morrow or the day after and if it still doesn't work call technical solutions.....1-877-DATA-123...sorry everyone
    uh oh.. angry replies to follow

Thanks for looking into for us gujifijian