Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have also sent an email to Oosterman last night, but I have complained about late updates in general, lack of paid apps and synergy integrated YM. Today I have received a call from his assistant that promised me she will see what's happening and will reply back. Hopefully all our complains will get things better!
    By the way, she asked me how do I know about the US release of 1.4 and beside palm's site (doh) I've mentioned this forum .
    Can I have the link too ? Any come back of this mod on a bell phone ? Evrything work great ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    I have also sent an email to Oosterman last night, but I have complained about late updates in general, lack of paid apps and synergy integrated YM. Today I have received a call from his assistant that promised me she will see what's happening and will reply back. Hopefully all our complains will get things better!
    By the way, she asked me how do I know about the US release of 1.4 and beside palm's site (doh) I've mentioned this forum .
    I hope she calls back with good news

Does Bell Canada actually think that in this day and age that we, the users of their service aren't informed of what is going on in tech. You wouldn't be bugging them unless we knew of the update. How does everyone like their mashup 1.4 on Bell Pre?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    You forgot at CES, Rubenstein said 1.4 would be out by the end of February, or did I just break the first rule of CES?
    so I call Bell tech support tonight.. And they heard nothing about it.... He said its in Testing phase...
    I told him to **** the testing and just release the damn update.. Fix the problem later....
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    "they heard nothing about it" and "its in testing phase" seems like contradictory statements. If its in testing - great... but they have better heard about it!!!
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Good job everyone for pestering Bell & Palm, i think they will eventually get the message... at the very least, to save themselves the trouble of dealing with us. Still waiting here in Ontario for any semblance of an update. Next time one of these morons asks where we heard about 1.4, please tell them you received a telegram from a friend in the States...

PS. globex, unless i'm not understanding a joke, your signature date makes no sense.
    Install 1.4 last night and it works great - couldn't keep waiting for Bell to come around with it.....
    this is realy disgusting.. Bell time is over
    Hey,

Last time 1.3.5 came out Bell was late. They ended up releasing 1.3.5.1 so we Canadians skipped the Exchange breakage.

Just a quick FYI.
    I got this answer from bell about an hour ago
    question was "when is webos 1.4 coming out for bell"

Upon full review of your email, I wish to inform you that you should
    contact our Technical Solutions department for assistance in this
    matter, at one of the following numbers:
    I just called bell and the guy that I spoke to had no idea and denied any update - why is bell soo horrible!?? I asked about navigation as well and he said "We have no further details on navigation being added in the near future."
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhatt16 View Post
    I just called bell and the guy that I spoke to had no idea and denied any update - why is bell soo horrible!?? I asked about navigation as well and he said "We have no further details on navigation being added in the near future."
    For a communications company, they sure aren't doing a good job of communicating issues internally.
  15. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dio_free View Post
    PS. globex, unless i'm not understanding a joke, your signature date makes no sense.
    The Palm Pre was released in Canada on August 27th, 2009 by Bell, so it's accurate.

As to the app catalog question, I too have the issue where some (most) apps don't show up using a hybrid OS. I had the same issue when I was running Sprint 1.3.5.1 on my Bell phone, and now with 1.4. I only actually realized it was a problem when I went through some trial and error doctoring to get 1.4 on, and found that if I used a vanilla bell 1.3.5.1 OS, I had access to all the apps I should have access to, but with the hybrid, I do not.

Tom
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    i cant believe that update is not out yet!!
    It should be out now.
    I have a friend who works as a CSR and the information has now been noted in their system that the update is available.

He noted to me that there is an issue with sending video via MMS and it's advised to send video via email until the problem is resolved.
    well i sent a nasty letter and this is what i got :

Hi Michael

As I have responded to all the Palm users who have written, this is a great question for Palm since the device manufacturer controls the software releases, not the carrier. However in this case a last minute glitch was discovered that delayed the Canadian launch. That glitch has now been fixed and I understand release is imminent. Glad the user community has banded together, hope you are writing Palm as well!

Sincerely

Wade Oosterman
    --------------------------
    sent via Bell Mobility, the fastest and largest network across North America
    Well nothing here yet, but that sounds promising.. as long as it's true..
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Has anyone found that some apps (Fuel, GPS Dashboard) just don't appear in the App Catalog anymore after doing this? I tried to download Fuel from its link on the Pre|Central app page but the App Catalog launched with the message "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again."
    FYI: To those running 1.4 on Bell via the mashup, ipkFetcher is your friend!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast