Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. Onyoursix's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #21  
    I only get it when I update through wifi, if I turn wifi off and use evdo I get "your phone is currently up to date"
  2. #22  
    It appears to me that the "update bug" is due to the time lag it takes from submitting an application update to Palm from a developer's standpoint, to the time it takes to appear in the App Catalog.

    In other words, the Update app will tell you there is application updates available, when the update is actually pending for publishing on the App Store.

    Check again in a day or two and you should see that one of your applications updates gets published.

    I see the bug as more of a "notification" of updates pending to publish in the next 24-48 hours. If there are no updates available and no updates pending to publishing in the App Catalog, you won't see any updates.

    Just my $0.02.
  3. #23  
    That's not why the bug occurs.

    Basically, when you download an application from the catalog, it gets added to your Palm profile. Going forward, whenever an update is available for something in your profile, the app catalog alerts you that an update is available.

    So if you delete the application, it gets marked in your profile has downloading / owning it before but that it's deleted from your device.

    This deleted app still gets reported but the app catalog has nothing to display for the update.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza View Post
    It appears to me that the "update bug" is due to the time lag it takes from submitting an application update to Palm from a developer's standpoint, to the time it takes to appear in the App Catalog.

    In other words, the Update app will tell you there is application updates available, when the update is actually pending for publishing on the App Store.
    Nope, separate systems. Your application is promoted to a production system once it's available.
  5. rfceo's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #25  
    Mine turned out the be the Real Estate app... it would not show up in the app list as needing update, generated through the updates icon that then has the button that takes you to the app list in the catalog but nothing there showed it needed updating, even when entering each one at a time from that list. Then reset phone and went into app catalog and then into the list from the bottom right shopping bag and there was the install updates button which was not there before. Pressed it and it updated the app and now back to normal.
  6. rbradkc's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #26  
    Here is the solution I did that corrected the problem.

    I did a partial erase, then created a new profile, phone set up. Did another partial erase and went back to original palm profile. Actually that corrected 2 issues I had, the App update bug, and a IM bug that was going on. Palm called it a corrupted profile problem.
  7. #27  
    So the question is, is there any way to find out what the profile thinks we have installed that we actually don't? IIRC, the profile isn't web accessible at all (is it?), so it sounds like the only way to fix this is by trial and error (trying to remember all the apps we've ever used, and erroneously installing even more, making the problem worse).
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by onyoursix View Post
    I only get it when I update through wifi, if I turn wifi off and use evdo I get "your phone is currently up to date"
    Same for me. (I never tried without WiFi before.)
  9. #29  
    Updated PRL. The update screen showed it was up-to-date once. It went back to showing I had Application Updates available, even though none are ready to be updated.

    Updated PRL. Restarted phone. Still shows I have App updates available.

    I'm not using wifi, btw.

    Enabled wifi, updated PRL, checked for updates... shows current. Checked again and shows App updates available.

    I give up. Is this going to interfere with 1.4?
  10. #30  
    what palm should do with the app catalog is add a button called Purchased apps....so when u click on it it shows ur purchased apps history and all apps u purchased or downloaded for free even if they arent downloaded on to ur fone. that way we could get rid of this problem easily
  11. #31  
    How do you update your PRL> I am on Sprint and my current PRO is 60657 but see no option to update? I am looking at the devise info screen.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
    How do you update your PRL> I am on Sprint and my current PRO is 60657 but see no option to update? I am looking at the devise info screen.
    Go to the Phone app's preferences, not the Device Info app.
  13. #33  
    This is really annoying me. I'm tried everything to make it stop showing me I have updates when I don't but it isn't working. Updating PRL worked ONCE but now I'm getting it again. Tried a full erase...still not working. I've dowloaded and deleted way to many apps to to try to figure out what the culprit is.


    I wouldn't care except I'm afraid it is going to interfere with 1.4.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    This is really annoying me. I'm tried everything to make it stop showing me I have updates when I don't but it isn't working. Updating PRL worked ONCE but now I'm getting it again. Tried a full erase...still not working. I've dowloaded and deleted way to many apps to to try to figure out what the culprit is.


    I wouldn't care except I'm afraid it is going to interfere with 1.4.

    I have the same concern, I don't think it would interfere with 1.4 update but I guess we wont find out until it is time to update.

    Nice thing is the doctor is always on call.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    I have the same concern, I don't think it would interfere with 1.4 update but I guess we wont find out until it is time to update.

    Nice thing is the doctor is always on call.
    How is the doctor going to help?
  16. #36  
    I doctored last week and it still came back with that error. I'm thinking the only way to make it go away would be to somehow have your backup file deleted at Palm, and the create a new one. Not sure if this can be done easily...
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Hey everyone,
    will this ~pRe~clude my Pre from searching for the 1.4 update and seeing it?

  18. #38  
    I am a noob to this, how do you update PRL? And does any one know around what time the webos 1.4 is coming out? I know its at night but what time zone?
  19. #39  
    go to app catalog and click the little bag thing and it will say install updates or sumin like that happens to my pre but not my dads
  20. #40  
    Yep. I give up. Did the PRL update, looked at Preware. Nothing. Updates say I have Application updates available, though the App Catalog shows no updates. Checked Preware, but it doesn't list any updates needed. Bizarre bug. Second bizarre bug I have run into today (the other was the keyboard-stopped-working bug - fixed with removal of the battery).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions