Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Shadow, does the browser now do anchor tags? Please say yes.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Do you know when this patch will be available in preware.
    I'm only an Alpha tester, only devs can give ETA, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    all these screen shots of 1.4 and no vids can you say photo shop....if I am wrong sorry but until I see 1.4 in device info and some one reviewing it sorry )photo shop).... Make me a liar please . Lol he has to remove a patch man please
    Dude, you know what, i dont even know why i bother sometimes, but if itll help you reach ******, ill post a video up shortly

Quote Originally Posted by herito42 View Post
    Have they added the ability to assign custom ringtones to each contact? That is one of the features that I truly wish added to the unpatched OS. Thanks for your response ahead of time.
    I'm pretty sure you could already, and yes you can assign a ringtone to each contact

Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    well like how when ur typing and ur text starts to go off the screen. it would be nice for the screen to follow the typed text so you dont have to type....scroll, type, scroll....etc. ive suggested this to palm many times. idk maybe im just a black sheep who wants this haha

on another note, has anyone tried the edit function for the video? does it save relatively quick?
    VERY VERY VERY Quick! Was surprised.

Ahh right, will try now and report back

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    shadow can you post the version numbers of the built in applications?

from the device info -- more options -- software
    app catalog: 1.4.0
    Backup: 1.4.0
    Bluetooth: 1.4.0
    Calaculator: 1.4.0
    Calendr: 1.4.0

etc etc, everything showing 1.4.0.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzeto View Post
    Shadow, does the browser now do anchor tags? Please say yes.
    Sorry i dont understand, explain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Anchor tags... Links that jumped to a different point on the page, represented by #NAME

Pickled cucumber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like any of the subtopics on a wiki, that cause you to jump down on the page
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    An example would be...when you get a thread update email and click the email link on the Pre, does it take you to the newest post, or just the top of the page of the thread?

Edit: Try clicking on the link below. Does it automatically drop you down post #165 or just take you to the top of thread page #9?
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...98#post2252398
    app catalog 1.4 is the Flash app in there
    if you like it, I love it

app catalog: 1.4.0
    Backup: 1.4.0
    Bluetooth: 1.4.0
    Calaculator: 1.4.0
    Calendr: 1.4.0

etc etc, everything showing 1.4.0.
    Wow most of the apps show v1.0 I wonder did they actually changed every app or just the #
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    shadow, try posting in this forum using your pre (the full version, NOT the mobile version)... Notice how the text entry box is much wider than the screen. When you double-tap to zoom in so you can see what you're typing, does the text box move by itself as what your type goes off-screen? Thx.
    Ahh right, no everything looks fine.

The textbox is properly centres and in-line with the page and does not stretch out!

Nope you have to manually move the textbox when zoomed in to see the text on the right.
    Shadow just a note to say thanks for all the input. My phone is locked in a locker downstairs (can't bring it into the building) and streaming video (ala Youtube) is blocked.

Ghaaaaa I need to leave work early today. I feel so crippled!
    Last edited by Wysiwyg1977; 02/26/2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    no duh
    dude that made no sense... That response had nothing to do with any of the post above, so why would you write something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysiwyg1977 View Post
    Shadow just a note to say thanks for all the input. My phone is locked in a locker downstairs (can't bring it into the building) and streaming video (ala Youtube) is blocked.

i think shadow just likes being a post ***** and is bumping up the number of times he posted jk shadow. do appreciate keeping us updated. altho i DO know that ill prolly go and try out everything youve said for myself (as i do with every update) just for kicks haha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    An example would be...when you get a thread update email and click the email link on the Pre, does it take you to the newest post, or just the top of the page of the thread?

Edit: Try clicking on the link below. Does it automatically drop you down post #165 or just take you to the top of thread page #9?
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...98#post2252398
    Thanks for the example link, and i can confirm that its working! Jumps to that particular post

Quote Originally Posted by Outkast1386 View Post
    app catalog 1.4 is the Flash app in there
    No beta plguin in App Catlog yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysiwyg1977 View Post

Ahhh hang in there . in the meantime, a video will be up shortly to wet your tongues furthur hehe
    Having trouble understanding why you seem to be the only person with the update?

Can we have a video review of webos 1.4, show us how it works, show us what is new?

I'm one of those seeing is believing types I'm afraid.

If it was out why is it not on the o2UK website or Palms website?
    Last edited by nsabournemouth; 02/26/2010 at 10:49 AM.
    Thanks for the example link, and i can confirm that its working! Jumps to that particular post
    Hallelujah!! Thanks for your help with the numerous requests on this thread.
    he's not the only one with 1.4 tomi66 got it 1st
    Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    I can already assign custom ringtones to each contact with no patches.
    (unless I am misunderstanding you)
    What I meant to ask was can custom tones be set for each contact for notifications IE text messages without a patch. My fault for not being specific enough. Thanks for the reply
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesrjr View Post
    dude that made no sense... That response had nothing to do with any of the post above, so why would you write something like that?
    lol I believe he was saying "no duh" to me stating that Shadow would have to have a vid cam laying around.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsabournemouth View Post
    Having trouble understanding why you seem to be the only person with the update?

Can we have a video review of webos 1.4, show us how it works, show us what is new?

I'm one of those seeing is believing types I'm afraid.
    Theres quite a few with the update actually, but i the only one whos bothered to post some worthwhile screenies on

Will do so very shortly, hang in there guys. And its kind of hard doin a review, my voice is gone (blame the weather and the missus) -.-
    And what about built in bluetooh profiles?

To my knowledge until 1.3.5.x these include: HFP/HSP, A2DP, PBAP, PAN, AVRCP and OPP

You can check it out under Device info --> More info --> Hardware
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by herito42 View Post
    What I meant to ask was can custom tones be set for each contact for notifications IE text messages without a patch. My fault for not being specific enough. Thanks for the reply
    You can set custom alerts for SMS, but NOT for each individual contact, sorry!
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast