Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    It's been confirmed the beta flash plugin will ONLY be available to Pre users.

Not sure if its been confirmed flash will be coming to pixi however, but it shares the same processor as the motorola devour, and that has flash, so you never know...
    The Motorola Devour has Flash Lite (i.e. Flash Garbage Edition). When I had my Hero for a month or so Flash Lite struggled to render even basic Flash advertisements. Seriously, an animated GIF would be embarrassed by its performance.

It would be better for the Pixi to have no Flash at all then for it get the same version of Flash Lite that Devour users are going to instantly hate.

Hopefully Adobe will find a way to come out with a legitimate version of Flash for the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Shadow please stop answering these detailed intricate questions regarding 1.4, I wasnt asking question because I am getting the update soon and everyone else that has asked a ton of questions of you simply are just impatient.

I feel you went above and beyond when you posted the original screen shots, all of these additional questions people are asking of you are unnecessary and honestly everyone can wait until they get their updates.
    OK, one more question comes to mind (sorry)... how about the ability to assign different sounds for different alerts? I have the My Notifications patch, but I've been spoiled by my Treo. I want a different sound for incoming mail, for incoming texts, for calendar reminders, for charging, etc. etc. I don't suppose this is in 1.4 (she asks, hopefully)?
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    a video would stop all tha skeptics.... I'm jus sayn
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    Shadow please stop answering these detailed intricate questions regarding 1.4, I wasnt asking question because I am getting the update soon and everyone else that has asked a ton of questions of you simply are just impatient.

I feel you went above and beyond when you posted the original screen shots, all of these additional questions people are asking of you are unnecessary and honestly everyone can wait until they get their updates.
    Hey thanks, i appreciate the response, and i actually feel youre right.

However, as one of many a webOS user's i know how long we've waited for this update, and as the end of february approaches its been a long time coming!

So if i was one of the lucky ones to get 1.4 early its only fair to share some of that love to my PreCentral family . I imagine quite a lot are eager for the update, so it only seems fair to me to keep you fed as long as possible before Palm hands out the full 3 course which is 1.4.0
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    a video would stop all tha skeptics.... I'm jus sayn
    Thats all youve been saying.

You know damn well its 1.4.0 i have, you just want a video
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post

H-Cubed, then you don't have to read the rest of this thread!

I agree that Shadow has gone above and beyond with all the screen shots and answers to our questions, but if Shadow's willing to answer them, then it's not your call to call a halt to the thread.

Having been an alpha tester for Apple (::: dodging hurled tomatoes ::: ) I can understand Shadow's willingness to share information about an exciting an upcoming release. And I'm sure Shadow's old enough to figure out when to say enough's enough. If this is troublesome, then click your browser window closed and leave the rest of us to salivate.
    --------------------

--------------------
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    OK, one more question comes to mind (sorry)... how about the ability to assign different sounds for different alerts? I have the My Notifications patch, but I've been spoiled by my Treo. I want a different sound for incoming mail, for incoming texts, for calendar reminders, for charging, etc. etc. I don't suppose this is in 1.4 (she asks, hopefully)?
    Already been answered;

"You have the following options;

-Vibrate
    -Ringtone
    -System sound
    -Mute

For;

-Email (even individiaul accounts
    -SMS/IM
    -Calendar (even different calender profiles)"
    Already been answered;

"You have the following options;

-Vibrate
    -Ringtone
    -System sound
    -Mute

For;

-Email (even individiaul accounts
    -SMS/IM
    -Calendar (even different calender profiles)"
    Hooray! Time to haul out my MP3 editor and make some alert sounds! Thanks, Shadow! I hope the snow that was supposed to clobber your neck of the map wasn't too terrible.
    --------------------

--------------------
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Thats all youve been saying.

You know damn well its 1.4.0 i have, you just want a video

not tryn to be rude my man I'm not tha only 1 that doesn't think ur telln tha truth sorry JUS MAKE A SHORT VID AND I WILL KISS UR TUSH GUVNA that's all I'm sayn ....
    not tryn to be rude my man I'm not tha only 1 that doesn't think ur telln tha truth sorry JUS MAKE A SHORT VID AND I WILL KISS UR TUSH GUVNA that's all I'm sayn ....
    And now the forums have made a turn for the awkward...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Hooray! Time to haul out my MP3 editor and make some alert sounds! Thanks, Shadow! I hope the snow that was supposed to clobber your neck of the map wasn't too terrible.
    you should post those alert sounds when you get them done.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks for the screenshots...good info!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I only no 2 people who has shadow and tomi666 and they are not in tha STATES what's wrong with that pic if I'm wrong sorry MR. SHADOW I like to see and hear proof ..and if I'm wrong about tha 2 people who has 1.4.0 please correct me
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Although this bashing of neno23231 is fun to read. maybe we should let Shadow-360 fight his own battle.

btw neno23231 take some advise given earlier in this thread and "suck one"

lol just piling on
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I only no 2 people who has shadow and tomi666 and they are not in tha STATES what's wrong with that pic if I'm wrong sorry MR. SHADOW I like to see and hear proof ..and if I'm wrong about tha 2 people who has 1.4.0 please correct me
    Take a break from this thread, relax and in a few hours you'll have it for yourself.

Chill itsnot that big of a deal.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    2 every one who's getn made at me do you have tha OS upgrade..... (crickets ) don't be so quick to judge me
    Theres no way he'd be lying. It's not like 1.4 is a big secret. Everyone knows it comes out at Midnight. Even Verizon has a support section up for it:

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/pre_plus.pdf
    New Username: PrfndHatrdOfMan
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    2 every one who's getn mad at me do you have tha OS upgrade..... (crickets ) don't be so quick to judge me
  20.    #320  
    Urgh,

"So far on the ipkg.preware.org server, we've seen 17 unique IPs access the 1.4 patches feed.

Japan, Vietnam, China, Germany, UK, USA, Italy, Slovak Republic, Hong Kong are the countries so far.

With an assumption that 2% of users run Preware (25 thousand Preware users) and maybe half of them use patches, that means there's about 2 thousand people running 1.4 so far.

-- Rod"

source: http://forums.precentral.net/2251700-post16.html