Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    can you post a picture of the new messaging layout.
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by datmescandude View Post
    Shadow-360...what time in your time did you get your update? that will probably be the time we get ours?
    Around 10am London UK Time. It seems random.
    Shadow,

Thanks for all this info! My questions about 1.4 are:

1. Will the Camera be able to zoom? My Treo was able to go from 1X to 2X, but the Pre doesn't have that option for some reason.

2. When the Pre goes to sleep, a black screen with a padlock and a digital clock show up. Will 1.4 give us the ability to customize what shows, ie, a photo of the kids instead?

Thanks in advance!
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    How many people have the update, seems to be 2!

Why is it not on the O2 website or Palms website that it is out?
    AH so much excitement! Im disappointed that Pixi owners (like myself) will have to wait til Sunday if not Monday to get our 1.4 love. Also, can someone clear this up for me, is Pixi getting Flash support but not flash 10 beta in the App Store, or not getting any sort of flash support at all?
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Shadow,

Thanks for all this info! My questions about 1.4 are:

1. Will the Camera be able to zoom? My Treo was able to go from 1X to 2X, but the Pre doesn't have that option for some reason.

2. When the Pre goes to sleep, a black screen with a padlock and a digital clock show up. Will 1.4 give us the ability to customize what shows, ie, a photo of the kids instead?

Thanks in advance!
    - Unfortunately you still cannot zoom, only another button to switch to video recording mode, the volume buttons also do not activate zoom so i dont think its in there im afraid.

- No, you cannot change what is shown on the lock screen =/. Only the time (24/12 hour - which you could already do before)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk0625 View Post
    AH so much excitement! Im disappointed that Pixi owners (like myself) will have to wait til Sunday if not Monday to get our 1.4 love. Also, can someone clear this up for me, is Pixi getting Flash support but not flash 10 beta in the App Store, or not getting any sort of flash support at all?
    pixi is NOT getting flash at all
  8.    #248  
    It's been confirmed the beta flash plugin will ONLY be available to Pre users.

Not sure if its been confirmed flash will be coming to pixi however, but it shares the same processor as the motorola devour, and that has flash, so you never know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Nope, clicking on the bar ontop takes you to the contacts app for that particular person, from which you can call.

Btw, theres a new option in sms, you can now "forward via email"
    Oh it didn't even do that. So that's good news
    It's been confirmed the beta flash plugin will ONLY be available to Pre users.

Not sure if its been confirmed flash will be coming to pixi however, but it shares the same processor as the motorola devour, and that has flash, so you never know...
    I mean, when i saw the changelog, it said:
    -flash support
    -flash 10 beta available in App Store

It was listed as two different things, but maybe I'm misunderstanding how Flash works.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Darn. Ah, well, that's why there are patches. So... can somebody develop patches to make the camera zoom and to change the locked screen?
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    can you post a picture of the new messaging layout.
    Batteries dead

Will do so in a while though.
  13.    #253  
    I mean, when i saw the changelog, it said:
    -flash support
    -flash 10 beta available in App Store

It was listed as two different things, but maybe I'm misunderstanding how Flash works.
    there should be two different changelogs, im guessing the one related to the pixi will NOT have a mention of flash.

Flash support is simply that, support for flash.

Beta Plugin "enables" this support essentially.
    Batteries dead

Will do so in a while though.
    boooh on the battery
    there should be two different changelogs, im guessing the one related to the pixi will NOT have a mention of flash.

Flash support is simply that, support for flash.

Beta Plugin "enables" this support essentially.
    So even if the Pixi's changelog has the "flash support," because the plugin wont be available, pixi users wont get youtube goodness? (outside of the youtube app).
  16.    #256  
    boooh on the battery
    And my laziness...

Seriously though, the performance seems pretty good considering how much i've been hammering it, will do a full battery monitor log as soon as possible.
    And my laziness...

Seriously though, the performance seems pretty good considering how much i've been hammering it, will do a full battery monitor log as soon as possible.
    well hopefully by then we will all be upgraded
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    thats cuz precentral > work.
    Very much so! Screw PL/SQL debugging. Message board reading is the way to go!
    So even if the Pixi's changelog has the "flash support," because the plugin wont be available, pixi users wont get youtube goodness? (outside of the youtube app).
    it says (pre only)
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Well there is a scrim patch put you have to put the 3g icons in the scrim folder which I haven't found yet. I found 4g but don't want that.
    The 3G icon can be found:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/

network-3g-active.png
    network-3g-connected.png
    network-3g-dormant.png

You could receive them from your phone using WOSQI, rename them correctly, and send them back.

file names would be:
    network-evdo-active.png
    network-evdo-connected.png
    network-evdo-dormant.png

I actually make this part of my personal theme.