Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Moderator Note: Threads merged. Only post if you got 1.4, your location and carrier.

hey guys,

i'm not sure why but my palm pre plus dinged after i got off the phone and said it had an update waiting for me to 1.4. i went ahead and let it do its thing -- it probably took around 15-20 mins.

has it went thru for anyone else? the video editing thing is pretty neat. haven't had a chance to fool with anything else, sleepy.

attached are some pics. these were cap'd using the screenshot shortcut, except for the preSS pic, which i blacked out my phone # and serial #.

edit: added preware update packages pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/26/2010 at 10:37 AM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    location??
    USA. sorry, i guess i should've stated that. don't mind me, i'm sleepy. lol
    hey i got it too!
    have fun with it!
    i'm the guy from vietnam
    Quote Originally Posted by jarad View Post
    hey guys,

i'm not sure why but my palm pre plus dinged after i got off the phone and said it had an update waiting for me to 1.4. i went ahead and let it do its thing -- it probably took around 15-20 mins.

has it went thru for anyone else? the video editing thing is pretty neat. haven't had a chance to fool with anything else, sleepy.

attached are some pics. these were cap'd using the screenshot shortcut, except for the preSS pic, which i blacked out my phone # and serial #.

edit: added preware update packages pic.
    Noticed you as #5 in the logs. Did you do an update half-way through your 13 patches?

Is your IP address 208.77.x.x ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've seen 7 unique IPs access the 1.4 patches feed so far.

Japan
    Vietnam
    China
    Germany
    US
    Britain
    Italy

1 person from each country.

6 were using Preware (they all downloaded some patches), 1 was using WebOS Quick Install (he/she didn't).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/26/2010 at 05:01 AM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    1.4.0. Update now unpacking on my GSM Palm Pre
    BTW, if you haven't updated to Preware 0.9.28 yet, now is a perfect time to do it. If you don't you're more likely to have update problems in Preware after you've updated 1.4 (no effect on AUPT patches, just updating feeds).

-- Rod
    i got 1.4 a few hours ago, everything seems to work patch wise, but it did take some time to update and sort our my theme.

Update: the pdf landscape patch failed!!had to unistall
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    It seems to be somewhat random. 1.4 has popped up in multiple countries and carriers so far.
    Japan, Vietnam, China, Germany, UK, US, Italy, Slovak Republic so far that I've seen.

About 12 people have been updating patches so far.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/26/2010 at 06:08 AM.
    Everyone,
    It would appear that certain people in certain areas are receiving the 1.4 update. If you would please, tell us what state/country you are in and when you receive it.
    If you have not received the update as of yet you can use this thread to keep checking back and seeing what is going on!

CHEERS!
    Robert

Oh BTW- Ocala, FL.....no update as of 7:09am EST

In keeping with the OP request, only posts reflecting that 1.4 has arrived are posted here.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/26/2010 at 09:38 AM.
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    One per country right?
    All part of Palm's strategic mind **** campaign?
    Note that these are the webOS users who are:

1) Using homebrew
    2) Using Preware
    3) Using Patches

That's going to be less than 1% of webOS devices.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpa View Post
    ^in Liverpool? Strange, I'm in B'ham and nothing lol.
    i modified my webos with the US operating system so that might be it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Me too, i think tomi666 has if im not mistaken.

So it seems GSM Pre's with non wr firmware are receiving the update?
    I've got WR firmware!
    Palm and Sprint have both announced that WebOS 1.4 will be released in the U.S. for Sprint subscribers today in the EVENING. So I'm not expecting anything until later tonight. Probably won't start seeing any confirmations from U.S. users for the time being, especially since it's still morning (6:44 AM CST). At best, the only affirmative responses we'd see in this thread are from unlocked Pre (or Pixi) owners, who have apparently had the update rolled out to them already.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    roll call means nothing form location

- if you really want a roll call, you ask users to report their last 4 digits of the serial #

according to webos-internals they believe its going by serial numbers
    We saw some post by someone in some forum which said that they released updates to blocks of serial numbers at a time.

No idea whether it's true, and no idea whether it's sequential.

-- Rod
    So far on the ipkg.preware.org server, we've seen 17 unique IPs access the 1.4 patches feed.

Japan, Vietnam, China, Germany, UK, USA, Italy, Slovak Republic, Hong Kong are the countries so far.

With an assumption that 2% of users run Preware (25 thousand Preware users) and maybe half of them use patches, that means there's about 2 thousand people running 1.4 so far.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Any of those USA IP's tell you if they are on CDMA or GSM? I would imagine them being imported GSM Pre's based on who has gotten it thus far.

BTW, Jax, Fl and no update on Sprint yet.
    Most people update over wifi, so no way to know.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    tomi from vietnam who got 1.4 first said every patch went smoothly except his top bar
    Post your carrier and location
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Here in Chile, on february 26 th, 02 hrs GMT, we are on webOS 1.4.. excellent.!!
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/26/2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: corrected per user
Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast