Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vizi View Post
    I'm aware. As you may know there was a debate as to whether users would remove their patches or trust AUPT. Just wanted to know what route the OP went.
    sorry for the delay. i didn't remove the patches and it all turned out fine. preware updated the patches that it could
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Noticed you as #5 in the logs. Did you do an update half-way through your 13 patches?

Is your IP address 208.77.x.x ?

-- Rod
    That's me!
    Quote Originally Posted by enrconc View Post
    Here in Chile, on february 25 th, 02 hrs GMT, we are on webOS 1.4.. excellent.!!
    The original carrier is: Movistar (Spain)

but in Chile (where there is no distro) I'm operating it unlocked (Rebel Simcard) with Entel
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post
    Mine keeps telling me there are application updates available. Then I hit the show updates and it brings up the App Catalog where there are no updates available...
    try updating your PRL worked for me.
    In keeping with the OP request, only posts reflecting that 1.4 has arrived are posted here. All other posts have been deleted.

Rod, you have given us the best intel so far so please keep that coming!

- Craig
    It seems this thread has been extensively modified as well.
    Does anyone know why?
    did you miss the post above yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    It seems this thread has been extensively modified as well.
    Does anyone know why?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Please only post in this thread if you have downloaded webOS 1.4. Please note your location and carrier. Please also note if you requested the update or if it happened automatically (was pushed to you).

General webOS 1.4 anticipation talk goes here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...on-thread.html

It appears that over 300,000 PreCentral users do not have webOS 1.4 yet so please do not post that you do not have webOS 1.4.

Once the main rool-out begins, we will close this thread and use the normal threads:

webOS 1.4 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.4 Issues

webOS 1.4 Discussion

webOS Patch Discussion
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 02/26/2010 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Please only post in this thread if you have downloaded webOS 1.4. Please note your location and carrier.

Could we also, perhaps, add if the update was pushed to the phone or if the user used the update icon to find it?
    do i have to uninstall theme and my patches before i install 1.4....and will the flash player be ready or is it going to be awhile before that comes out now.....
    ^Try the search function its great.
    ORIGINAL HANDSPRING TREO USER! I ROCKED IT WITH PRIDE!!!
    Please only post in this thread if you have downloaded webOS 1.4. Please note your location and carrier. Please also note if you requested the update or if it happened automatically (was pushed to you).

It appears that over 300,000 PreCentral users do not have webOS 1.4 yet so please do not post that you do not have webOS 1.4.

Once the main rool-out begins, we will close this thread and use the normal threads:

webOS 1.4 New Features & Changes

webOS 1.4 Issues

webOS 1.4 Discussion

webOS Patch Discussion
    Hi Milo,
    The OP doesn't even have 1.4.
    Explain? Can't he even post here?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM626 View Post
    tomi from vietnam who got 1.4 first said every patch went smoothly except his top bar
    ONE of my top bars. The rest went smoothly.
    I had NO Preware problems.
    See the OP:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-its-here.html. He does have 1.4.

A half dozen threads are merged. General anticipation discussion goes in the anticipation thread. This thread is not merged there as it is a special case.

- Craig
    Well then it's not the original OP right or it has been extensively rewritten?
    About half a page of posts were deleted, so I have no way of checking.
    Sorry.
    Latest intel is 33 people accessing ipkg.preware.org with 1.4 to update patches. The "medal table" looks like:

7 x USA (1 x Colorado, 1 x Kentucky, 5 x Unknown)
    6 x England
    4 x Germany
    3 x Netherlands
    2 x Japan
    2 x Italy
    1 x Hong Kong
    1 x Vietnam
    1 x Slovak Republic
    1 x Malaysia
    1 x Spain
    1 x Poland

There's no way I can tell (cause most people do updates over Wifi), but I'd guess that it's all GSM at the moment.

That will be the last geographical report I will do. Just numbers from now on.

This is the slowest webOS roll-out in history ...

Make sure you read http://forums.precentral.net/2252426-post28.html before posting in this thread.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/26/2010 at 03:28 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    O2 UK

Sick of watching the circle thing go round and round on updates. Going to pub for beer. Hopefully it'll be there in the morning
    at this point we're gonna blow up the palm servers when all 300k of us tey to download 1.4 at once....
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ... seriously this was a wasted day... I think they are seriously going to wait until the near turn of the month for the main roll out... I could have actually gotten some work done today... tsk... i guess I should shake my head at myself ... so here goes ... smh...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Latest intel is 33 people accessing ipkg.preware.org with 1.4 to update patches.

This is the slowest webOS roll-out in history ...
    Isn't it possible that at least some of these are developers who have it a few hours early? I just find it a little hard to believe that Palm would enable updates for just 33 people.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Isn't it possible that at least some of these are developers who have it a few hours early? I just find it a little hard to believe that Palm would enable updates for just 33 people.
    33 Preware users. Which only make up about 2% of total Pre users. So at least 1650... which is still kind of small.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast