Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Well, we did get an apartment search app.......I'm gonna need it if I don't quit punching the update button long enough to go upstairs and pay my rent soon.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eshug1 View Post
    i wonder if they immediately took it off the sprint forum because 1.4 is not coming today
    Sprint Confirms webOS 1.4 for Tonight, with Flash 10 Support
    i need to know if anyone got download da deed done do doed updated dadee dood?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    bit? its a pretty big load. take the size of the update (whatever it may be) by the number of pre's out there...

Math is a *****
    I don't know. I mean if apple/Ms. Can roll out updates to millions of macines at once, surely palm can to a few thousand. I'm no sw engineer though, ohh wait I actually am...epic fail palm...not a good week for them
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I haven't received the update yet, Orlando FL
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Infamous View Post
    i need to know if anyone got download da deed done do doed updated dadee dood?
    ***?
    Quote Originally Posted by ty****bob View Post
    ***?
    i doed the download done deed dont do'ed da nothing east coast dont download
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Well, good news...my screen is on...
    Installing Update
    Do not remove battery

bad news...its for 1.3.5.1, hehe
    Looks promising, but where is it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdninja View Post
    I would hope Sprint or Palm (whomever sends out the updates) is using a CDN like Akamai to distribute the update.
    agreed. The distributing sw to lots of people at once problem was solved years ago.
    update is coming around 11pm-12am EST or late evening PST

i posted a new thread with some more 'sprint admin' info.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...fo-update.html
    Quote Originally Posted by t650man View Post
    I don't know. I mean if apple/Ms. Can roll out updates to millions of macines at once, surely palm can to a few thousand. I'm no sw engineer though, ohh wait I actually am...epic fail palm...not a good week for them
    I don't believe being a sw engineer qualifies you as a network tech... but more power to you.

Either way, MS and apple, HUGE. They have servers EVERYWHERE. Which balances the load over a much larger area. Palm is tripping over its saggy ballsac, i'd assume they have a bunch of servers to support such a mass update, but its nowhere near the scale of MS or apple
    when you do'ed de download do da update do de done?
    For all we know Palm could have released this to sprint a month ago.. and due to Sprints internal testing policies they release when THEY FEEL like it.. I some some people here need to go polish one off and go and drink a few beers.. then while 1/2 drunk get all excited at a bar that you are getting the update!! lol

RELAX PEOPLE!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    I don't believe being a sw engineer qualifies you as a network tech... but more power to you.

Either way, MS and apple, HUGE. They have servers EVERYWHERE. Which balances the load over a much larger area. Palm is tripping over its saggy ballsac, i'd assume they have a bunch of servers to support such a mass update, but its nowhere near the scale of MS or apple
    haha ...saggy balsac!!!!! Well said
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    For all we know Palm could have released this to sprint a month ago.. and due to Sprints internal testing policies they release when THEY FEEL like it.. I some some people here need to go polish one off and go and drink a few beers.. then while 1/2 drunk get all excited at a bar that you are getting the update!! lol

RELAX PEOPLE!
    I need to wait an hour before i go home, but this is my exact plan... GTFO OUT OF MY HEAD!
    yess yess yess yess!!!!!! i got it here in jerzzy!!! downloading now!!! pictures upp soon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wpro View Post
    yess yess yess yess!!!!!! I got it here in jerzzy!!! Downloading now!!! Pictures upp soon!!!
    do de done download?
    Quote Originally Posted by dr3wpro View Post
    yess yess yess yess!!!!!! i got it here in jerzzy!!! downloading now!!! pictures upp soon!!!
    sprint? where in jersey, central?
    sprint... 3/4th of the way downloaded in central jersey... ill re-post once i get my splash screen