1.    #1  
    post this problem before, got no answer.

Saw that 1.4 coming to Unlocked and tried immediately(German version). Didn't see any but remind me that there are updates for apps. Tried a couple of times, still nothing but app updates. I thought this might be because I didn't update those apps, so I started to update them all. However, I think that i have already updated all in both Preware and AppCatalog, it still says "application updates are available" .... Therefore, I decide to delete all apps (of course patches already EPRed) and then try again. BUT it still had nothing but apps upgrades. OK, I surrender, i then decide to go for a clean erase-full erase. after this, i also expected that this might not work again. Yes, I was absolutely right.

Now, the problem is that after full erase and after all apps are deleted (orange+touching application), still, the franking UPGRADE still says there are application upgrades available. Alright alright, I choose in and it says that YOU HAVE NO APPS INSTALLED!!! Then why there are app upgrades?

As my paragraph one states, i post this before, which means that about one month ago, I found that "SOUNDS AND RINGTONES" shows to me WHITE BLANK after several patches installed. I thought this might be because of patches, I just post a thread for help but I didn't delete those patches to test whether it was because of them. BUT now, after full erase, after EPR, the "SOUNDS AND RINGTONES" still doesn't work. so i conclude two problems.

1. Why app upgrades won't go away while there are no apps installed?

2. How to solve "SOUNDS AND RINGTONE" PROBLEM?

Best Regards all

Henry

HOW SOLVED:

as adivised by deparson, i tried DOCTOR and I got my "SOUND AND RINGTONES" back. Here there's one thing that neends to be mentioned. Before using Doctor, i remember the icon for "SOUND AND RINGTONES" is a MOON (after installation of Jstop(an app to kill java to release ram, task manager like app)?), which i thought it was the default icon for "SOUND AND RINGTONES", but it is not. this can be seen as a contraditon of software? Here, i also remember i always find some apps' icons are gone, functions are there though.

Thank you.
    Last edited by jiajiahairui; 02/26/2010 at 08:21 AM.
    No one loves you, because you're a copyright violator with illegal copies of games on his Pre.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I don't know what the "sounds and ringtones" problem is, but the problem with the upgrade manager thinking all your apps need upgrading (when there is no upgrade available) is just a glitch which is best to ignore. It seems to be an intermittent problem.
    Please see the Dr. to get your issues fixed.
  5.    #5  
    it's no one can solve my problem.
  6.    #6  
    WHITE BLANK means you can't see anything but a piece of white card. no matter how long you wait, nothing will come out.

as for the app upgrades problem, i really believe this is some kind of bug (maybe because i have installed toooooooooo many apps on my pre, really i mean it)
  7.    #7  
    i thought about this, but with full erase, it didn't work. mmm, i 'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    the sixth sense tells me it will work. THANKS!!!