1.    #1  
    Used to use the center button to switch on my Pre when it was laying on my desk with the keyboard visible. 1.4 does not react. you have to find the on/off button, which is hidden when the pre is slided out. Any one else?

SOLVED! an extra boot after the update solved it. The Pre now awakes as usual.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/26/2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: extra reset
    only like 3 ppl have 1.4 so you wont have an answer just yet, maybe restart phone???
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    when did u get 1.4? and whats ur timezone?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by clonzelda View Post
    when did u get 1.4? and whats ur timezone?
    CET (GMT+1), 08.15 h, 26 feb, Europe first? (running Sprint on GSM)
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I'm here in germany and no update till now..
  6.    #6  
    Did not know that I was one of the few. So I looked further. I was on Sprint 1.3.5.1. The sprint apps however are not there anymore in my 1.4 on GSM. They were of no value here in Europe, but they used to be there. Also I forgot where I could check that I am on Sprint. Any suggestion?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dick99999; 02/26/2010 at 04:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    CET (GMT+1), 08.15 h, 26 feb, Europe first? (running Sprint on GSM)
    Really? You're running a CDMA-only Sprint Pre on a GSM network?? Well you're obviously not able to make/get calls or data over the network... So how did you get the update? WiFi?
  8.    #8  
    The GSM forum has other examples of people running Sprint on GSM. So far the only know disadvantage is that the GSM modem firmware is not included, thus not updated if it would be available. Have not checked whether this is true for 1.4 too.Yes I did make some calls this morning....
    Of course you have to metadoctor to Sprint once. Then updates stream in as they would on CDMA. Updated over WiFi, but 3G is no issue either I believe.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    only like 3 ppl have 1.4 so you wont have an answer just yet, maybe restart phone???
    Thanks, that did it. But that is an extra boot after the boot for the firmware update. Glad it works now.
    Glad it works for you know after a retstart. Could have tried the spacebar if not, though.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    @Dick99999
    Did the 1.4 fixed the Data/MMS/3G Connection and Manual editing Problems?!!!
    Hey try the space bar to wake the pre up
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    @Dick99999
    Did the 1.4 fixed the Data/MMS/3G Connection and Manual editing Problems?!!!
    Which problems? Just joking, I will try the PPP (user,pw) problem to night, that's the only one I can check because tmobile NL always did work OK through manual settings. (did not check MMS, don't use that). This is perhaps a good opportunity to advertise the wiki How_to_solve_3G_data_problems for our future North American GSM users.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The GSM forum has other examples of people running Sprint on GSM. So far the only know disadvantage is that the GSM modem firmware is not included, thus not updated if it would be available. Have not checked whether this is true for 1.4 too.Yes I did make some calls this morning....
    Of course you have to metadoctor to Sprint once. Then updates stream in as they would on CDMA. Updated over WiFi, but 3G is no issue either I believe.
    I'm not calling anyone a liar, but it is impossible to connect to a GSM network with a CDMA modem. My Sprint Pre doesn't have a GSM modem...

Are you somehow running a hacked Sprint image on a GSM Pre?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
    I'm not calling anyone a liar, but it is impossible to connect to a GSM network with a CDMA modem. My Sprint Pre doesn't have a GSM modem...

He's running a GSM Pre with Sprint webOS. You can do that without problems.

Anyway, I'm doing the same in NL as well and didn't get the update yet. Maybe it's just random or based on something else than location..
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post

The physical device (an O2 unlocked GSM, or a Sprint CDMA model) should indeed be separated from the software (webOS) and also form the modem firmware (for a GSM or for a CDMA radio). You can figure out the combination that will work youself.

A somehow 'hacked' version might not be the right wording. It's a WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor'ed version which is possible for of any(?) webOS. I once looked at the differences between the GSM webOS and the CDMA/Spint webOS. For 1.3.1 the main difference and probably the only one, is the set of language files. So if English is OK then there is no difference except the release date........
  17.    #17  
    Why then dis I get 1.4 ? The only reason I can imagine is that, as it happened, I restored my GSM unlocked O2 Pre the day before yesterday with a fresh Spint webOS 1.3.5.1, meta-dosctored: no network and no model check. So no patches, all fresh.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Why then dis I get 1.4 ? The only reason I can imagine is that, as it happened, I restored my GSM unlocked O2 Pre the day before yesterday with a fresh Spint webOS 1.3.5.1, meta-dosctored: no network and no model check. So no patches, all fresh.
    Serial prolly.