Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Honestly, not big fan of spacey chick ad pre-Pre commercial.
    Verizon "Smart Enough for Mom" Commercial gave me a throw-uppy taste in the back of my mouth, if I were Palm, I would have sued Verizon for that one.

I am a part-time commercial videographer (a very busy one) but lets see if we can put together some story boards, maybe a better catch phrase, and make our own commercials. Viral marketing.
    YouTube, Vimeo, Xtube whatever. Let's storyboard some ads for Palm. There obviously a lot of talented people here.

Also, please everyone put signatures in email such as "via Palm Pre" or "Sent through the cloud with Palm Pre" I don't know, something.

Honestly I cannot fathom being reduced to an iPhone or a Droid again. Palm obviously has marketing issues, and I love this phone.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Good, I was actually thinking about some ideas.

AD1:
    Start with someone using a PC. He is switching between webbrowser, email and IM chats. Gradually shrink the PC to a Pre and change the switching to card flipping. Catch line: "Multitasking like a PC, fits in your hands like a deck of cards!"

AD2:
    Start with a guy driving on with GPS going. The preson then gets a phone call and had to turn of the GPS, answer the phone. Gradually change to a lady using Pre Sprint GPS (docked to some magically dashmounted stand), a phone call comes in and she presses her bluetooth headset, Pre switch to show the caller, talks on the phone. When the conversation ends, she presses the BT again and Pre goes back to GPS.

AD3 (after Flash is available):
    Watching Hulu on PC. Morphs to the same guy continue watching his program on a Pre on a train or bus. Same catch line as #1.

AD4 (cynical and directed at Apple):
    This is the hardest one. A guy using an iPhone pleading in front of God, who happens to be bald, with glasses and wears a black turtle neck, I want to watch Hulu, I want to listen to Pandora and write my email, I like to use a keyboard, and God zaps him with a gazillion of square App icons, burying him. Then a guy using a Pre asking for Flash support and he start watching Hulu, he asks for video recording and he gets it, he asks for LED notification and his Pre's buttons starts flashing, and then he flip through his cards to show off multitasking. At the end, an guardian angle flies in bares Palm logo.

This is all I can think of now. My ideas are free for anyone to use with no reservations.
    Last edited by ksom; 02/26/2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Changed to hands free idea for AD2. Changed the lighten to app icons
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  3.    #3  
    Cool this is what I wanted, more ideas keep it flowing.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    AD5:

A magician deals out 5 cards on a table, pointing to a card and writing a note on it, as if he is doing a trick. Then he does a quick flick up and the marked card disappears in thin air. He shuffles the deck of cards in his hand and pull out the marked card from the top of the deck, put it on the table. Now zoom in on the marked card and morph it into an Pre with an opened app. Then press the gesture area and start moving cards left and right, flick away cards and open new apps. Catch line: Pre, magic in your palm.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    AD5:

A magician deals out 5 cards on a table, pointing to a card and writing a note on it, as if he is doing a trick. Then he does a quick flick up and the marked card disappears in thin air. He shuffles the deck of cards in his hand and pull out the marked card from the top of the deck, put it on the table. Now zoom in on the marked card and morph it into an Pre with an opened app. Then press the gesture area and start moving cards left and right, flick away cards and open new apps. Catch line: Pre, magic in your palm.
    Winner
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

AD5:

Love it, here is $1000000 million make happen and fsat
    AD5:

So what's my takeaway? If I buy a Pre I can do clever tricks with it? What's the target market for that ad? Fledgling magicians? People who like to keep busy playing with their phones? A clever idea, but not for marketing purposes.
    AD5:

yes i do love this ad...
    and it would clearly show the difference although the multi tasking with the pc one is good too
    AD5:

Love this idea. Since Palm is not doing its job of marketing webOS, we, the actual users who have tried most available platforms and still prefer webOS, should do the marketing.

PALM, OUTSOURCE YOUR MARKETING AND SALES TO YOUR CUSTOMERS
    AD5:

not mainstream enough. Sorry.
    Girls in bikinis washing bugatti veyron 16.4. Female voice heard O.S. "Honey?" girls in bikinis shrink to card mode as finger pushes them aside replaced by calendar. Sound of door opening, camera pans up from pre, girlfriend in doorway showing off outfit, "What do you think?" Cut to guy sitting at his desk holding Palm Pre, "...it brings out your eyes?" She smiles and exits the room. Guy turns back around now sitting in the drivers seat of Bugatti Veyron 16.4, camera dollies out to reveal bikini clad girls. cut to white screen words fly across screen like cards in card mode: multitasking, media, documents, pre.

Has little to do with product, but will engage the axe body spray demographic.
    funny stuff....would love to see some of these ideas into fruition!!!
    someone had a really great idea for a commercial a while ago in another thread.. I wish I could find it.. it was seriously the best commercial idea i've heard of.
    I like an idea similar to the one someone here in this board brought up a while ago:

A very busy person (management of some kind, gender can vary, maybe even 2 spots) hurries along surrounded by a group of assistants. The main character addresses assistant after assistent, shouting task after task and you can clearly see that it puts him/her through a lot of stress transporting the ideas to the group of assistants in order to "get things done".
    The the scene blures and when the focus is back the assistants are gone. Left is a much more relaxed main character with a Palm Pre and a phrase: "There is one perfect way to address your multitasking needs - and you deserve it."
    Wide shot of toddler sitting on floor of living room (looking cute of course). Pan around to over the shoulder shot of toddler watching some kids programming on TV that is reminiscent of YouTube icon. Toddler reaches out with finger and swipes to the left. Toddlers view is boxed in a "card" frame and pans out of view (envision effect as though entire world was swiped aside), replaced by computer at PBSKids.org or some similar toddler website. Toddler reaches finger out again swiping left. Same effect of scene panning out of view, replaced by view of toddler's father/mother making some parental demand ("eat your vegatables"/wagging finger). Toddler reaches out with finger and swipes up pushing parent out of the scene. Pan around to tight shot on face of toddler grinning from ear to ear. "Palm Pre and Pixi... Makes Multi-tasking THAT easy!" During tag line show actual Palm Pre executing same actions toddler did, YouTube card, swipe to Browser at PBSKids.org, swipe to text message from Mom, swipe up on text message.
    Last edited by robepstein; 02/26/2010 at 08:18 AM.
    ha

Some good ideas in here.

I would just like to see any marketing from Palm that actually shows what the thing can do. Just real people in real situations.

When I'm sitting on the bus listening to music while Facebooking, Twittering, texting and IMing... I feel like I should BE a Pre commercial.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Youtube idea:

Since we're all getting the 1.4 update with video recording, we should all do a small 5 second video about why we like our Pre. Overload youtube with these small clips. And when we have enough of them, put them all together with a beat under it. Like the 'I'm a PC' ads, but more personal.

Then you'll get a massive recommendation video:

"I like my Pre because it does multitasking."
    "I like my Pre because it syncs with Facebook."
    "I like it because it eats iPhones for breakfast."
    etc.
    I'm just thinking simpler. Show someone with a Pre, zoom in as he's playing a 3D game.

But what if you want to answer a text? Show notification. How it can pause the game in a card.

Or have pandora play in the background?

I think that's multitasking the masses would get. Although perhaps palm should call it visual multitasking and only on palm.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Palm needs to go after the droid. Its what carriers are pushing the hardest right now. I read a post a few weeks ago with someone saying a pretty clever tagline, "the Pre does everything the droid does, better."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast