Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hi people,
    I've posted this before in a thread but since I haven't seen any mentions concerning Palm Pre users in Brasil I thought I should create a topic.
    I've seen same online auctions here in Brasil from people selling the GSM version of the Palm Pre unlocked (german I guess).
    Can I use this phone here in brasil with no problems (mms, 3G, 2G, text, voice, voicemail)? Can I activate it here?
    What about updates?? Will my Pre still receive OTA updates?
    Will I be able to access the app catalog and download paid apps like 3D games? If not, where else can I get these apps?

    I'm very new to the Palm Pre so I'd really appreciate some help...
    Thx a lot!!
  2. #2  
    Im afraid no one can tell you what will be in a few months. but right now you will not be able to get paid applications... the same way we are not able in Europe... What will be in march.. Germany, uk, France.. they will be able.. but what about us in the rest of Europe... and you in Brasil... only time will tell us...
  3.    #3  
    Thx for the reply... But what about activation and OTA updates? Will 3G, mms and voice work just fine too?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sloopjohnb View Post
    Thx for the reply... But what about activation and OTA updates? Will 3G, mms and voice work just fine too?
    It depends on the GSM carriers in Brazil. But there has been success in a number of countries around the world, many with no special action. And you can now edit the carrier database.
  5.    #5  
    Is it easy to change the carrier database?
    Are the OTA updates pushed to Pres around the world regardless of country/carrier?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sloopjohnb View Post
    Is it easy to change the carrier database?
    Are the OTA updates pushed to Pres around the world regardless of country/carrier?
    Carrier setting can be changed in the phone application. However, I just put in my SIM and it worked.

    You seem to be tied in with the updates for the carrier from which your phone was purchased, but it works smoothly.
  7.    #7  
    Thx for the help!
  8. #8  
    I'm using it here in Brazil with a Vivo SIM. Everything works but tha apps catalog.
  9. #9  
    I am using it with TIM in Rio de Janeiro, everything works great, it will receive the WebOS updates with no problems. The only thing that does not work is the App Store. It shows no apps at all.

    My phone is the german GSM unlocked model, it is easy to find out if you are buying a german model as it has a QWERTZ keyboard. Letters Z and Y are swapped on the keyboard. This does not prove too much of a trouble to me, it just means you have to get used to finding these letters in a different spot on the keyboard.

    By the way, if anyone finds out how to make the damn app store work in Brasil, please post here!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwar View Post
    By the way, if anyone finds out how to make the damn app store work in Brasil, please post here!
    get an activated from another country with paid apps or wait until palm recognizes the existance of more countries than the usa, canada and the 3 biggest european countries, unfortunately that might take longer than your pre is working... maybe HP can provide a little bit of geographical assistance to them
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorEl View Post
    I'm using it here in Brazil with a Vivo SIM. Everything works but tha apps catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwar View Post
    I am using it with TIM in Rio de Janeiro, everything works great, it will receive the WebOS updates with no problems. The only thing that does not work is the App Store. It shows no apps at all.

    My phone is the german GSM unlocked model, it is easy to find out if you are buying a german model as it has a QWERTZ keyboard. Letters Z and Y are swapped on the keyboard. This does not prove too much of a trouble to me, it just means you have to get used to finding these letters in a different spot on the keyboard.

    By the way, if anyone finds out how to make the damn app store work in Brasil, please post here!

    Any update? How did you activate it? and create perfil? And about Oi Brasil Telecom?
  12. #12  
    Thanks for the help.
    Now I'm using it here in Brazil with a Vivo SIM. Everything works including the US Apps Catalog. (I did not try to buy anything yet. I know I must solve the problem with US card and proxy first).

Posting Permissions