1.    #1  
    why do people who doesn't know much about cellphones still get one other than the pre?? seriously..

i told 2 of my friends to get the pre because of what we all already know here ( multitasking, cards, is the best phone out there, etc )... they played with it and liked it.

today, one of them got a blackberry curve and my other friend got the Hero.. Why?? what is about the Pre that makes them chose another phone they dont know about??
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Maybe because RIM and Google will still be around in a year. JK...I hope.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Maybe because RIM and Google will still be around in a year. JK...I hope.
    hahahah!!!!
    Lag. I'll bet that's a big part of it. When you click on something and it takes 4 seconds to come up that's a HUGE red flag for people. Blackberrys rule the smartphone world because they work all the time and do everything instantly (the stupid blackberry storm doesn't count).
    I'll tell you why...... It's the screen size.
    It's the one thing people make mention of when I show my Pre off. "but the screen isn't as big as the Hero,Iphone,droid etc..." People are so closed minded. Even when they see how great WebOs is, some can't get over how small the screen is. It's dumb but true.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i think for alot of people it depends on what the rep they speak to. i know several vzw reps who are very much phone people like me. they work at a store where they each do trouble shooting for customers and very rarely fall back to calling in any further cs. they really do believe more in android at this point. the same for the few sprint representatives i know. when asking around about switching to sprint, knowing full well i was getting a pre no matter what, all i heard was get the hero because "we like it better".
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Lag. I'll bet that's a big part of it. When you click on something and it takes 4 seconds to come up that's a HUGE red flag for people. Blackberrys rule the smartphone world because they work all the time and do everything instantly (the stupid blackberry storm doesn't count).
    so what make us get the pre then? maybe because is a palm device? maybe cuz we used to own palm devices before the pre?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Maybe it is because the pre feels like a nice plastic toy. When my contract expires, as of right now I do not plan to be sporting the pre. I have it since launch and I am now on my fifth phone. Multitasking is nice when you do not get the "too many card error". Which is everyday for me and it is a pain in the foot. I knew there were going to be some hurdles, but I do not know if I like the direction palm is headed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    why do people who doesn't know much about cellphones still get one other than the pre?? seriously..

i told 2 of my friends to get the pre because of what we all already know here ( multitasking, cards, is the best phone out there, etc )... they played with it and liked it.

today, one of them got a blackberry curve and my other friend got the Hero.. Why?? what is about the Pre that makes them chose another phone they dont know about??
    I believe they're riding the wave of popularity.

Blackberry is established and, let's face it, the HTC phones have been marketed better then the Pre. But even the Treos were not the "hot" phone even when they were one of the most useful smartphones on the market.

People are going with what they know and/or with what their friends have.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Honestly though, it's mostly an awareness problem. Palm doesn't have the backing of an Apple, Google or MS. Also, in the ads they've put out have been pretty poor.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I believe they're riding the wave of popularity.

Blackberry is established and, let's face it, the HTC phones have been marketed better then the Pre. But even the Treos were not the "hot" phone even when they were one of the most useful smartphones on the market.

People are going with what they know and/or with what their friends have.
    my friends know what i have, they know i'm in love with it and tell them why.. but still, they get another phone