1.    #1  
    I got to thinking about how many clueless people are out there, some of which may even be Pre owners. I was wondering what happens if a user simply never checks for firmware updates. Does the phone remain in it's original state or is the user notified? Perhaps the update eventually pushed throug? I'd certainly hate for Pre users who don't regularly check for updates to be left in the dust, perhsps unhappy with their Palm experience. What do you think?
    Update will get forced to the phone within a week of release.
    it'll let you know. And if your phone is idle and with strong signal or wifi on. It will automatically download an update. Then it will ask you if you would like to install.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    When the OTA update is available the next time you charge it you will be prompted to update. You do have the choice to do it later but it will keep popping up until you update. Kinda annoying for those that don't want to update, (why you wouldn't want to I don't know) or if you don't have the time to remove your theme, remove patches if your worried about it and then spend 25-45 minutes updating.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Update will get forced to the phone within a week of release.
    Idk about that one...

I had a guy at work here who, when i told him about NFSU, couldn't see it in the app catalog cuz he was running 1.2 still.

And as far as he said he wasn't getting reminded about the update, but he may have just been high
    what about APP updates? do you only see those when you check for updates manually or would you be notified after so long?
    The lack of Mojo Messaging Service prevents Palm from pushing messages to our devices about OS updates and application updates.
    It auto checks for updates. As mentioned above, you'll get a notice within a week of it being released, and you have three opportunities to stop it before it automatically updates.

It's in the manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It auto checks for updates. As mentioned above, you'll get a notice within a week of it being released, and you have three opportunities to stop it before it automatically updates.

It's in the manual.
    Congrats on hitting 5k posts!!

thanks for all you've done to forward the Precentral community
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Someone that doesn't check on updates daily??? Probably fills the website people with happiness!!