Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    More like a rallying cry for the team.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/02/25/palm-ceo’s-letter-to-employees/

I hope the Palm team doesn't lose spirit. They have a really good product/os.

Nice to see too that Palm is trying to talk to Verizon trying to point fingers saying "you didn't do a good job marketing our product!"
    i wouldn't put all the blame on verizon, though. sprint has far from impressed me as far as advertising their flagship phone. i've never had any issues with sprint, but advertisement has really hurt product sales in my opinion. i'm hoping that eventually there will be a new flagship webOS device that will really rock the smartphone world off its feet and launch the webOS platform up with the top dogs.
    I hope they dont lose faith!

I wonder what they are working on behind those closed doors? Jon, maybe you shouldve hinted at what the C40 might be.
    hahaha so dramatic

hope the update launches tomorrow to help smooth things over.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Looks like a coach saying we can do it with 2 minutes to play in the game. Hope they can.
    I love my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    hahaha so dramatic

hope the update launches tomorrow to help smooth things over.
    i wonder what Rubenstein said when he saw his company's stock drop 20% lol. prolly just f***!!! haha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Ruby's letter didn't really say anything different than what we have already been perceiving here on P|C. I can confirm that Palm has done a pretty big Ad buy in the central downtown stations of the Boston MBTA Subway. The Red and Green line stations at Park Street both seem to be exclusively sold to Palm advertising. Last week the Washington Street (Orange and Red line stations had partial (about 8-10%) ad buys but now those seem to be gone. I snapped a few pictures (but I won't bother to post unless someone really wants to see them).

EDIT: I think the Ads were mostly targeting the Palm Pre.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    he prolly dont wanna release any mentions of c40 just yet due to pre n pixie sales....i mean im sure ppl who have pres will be gettin the c40 but its alot of pre n pixie still layin in stock that needs to b pushed out of the stores...dont want everybody sayin "ill just wait for the new phone" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Ruby's letter didn't really say anything different than what we have already been perceiving here on P|C. I can confirm that Palm has done a pretty big Ad buy in the central downtown stations of the Boston MBTA Subway. The Red and Green line stations at Park Street both seem to be exclusively sold to Palm advertising. Last week the Washington Street (Orange and Red line stations had partial (about 8-10%) ad buys but now those seem to be gone. I snapped a few pictures (but I won't bother to post unless someone really wants to see them).
    could you please post them up. there now you can post them without feeling bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    he prolly dont wanna release any mentions of c40 just yet due to pre n pixie sales....i mean im sure ppl who have pres will be gettin the c40 but its alot of pre n pixie still layin in stock that needs to b pushed out of the stores...dont want everybody sayin "ill just wait for the new phone" lol
    people waiting would be fine too. This quarter is basically over, and the sales of a new phone would help just as much as sales of the Pre. And Ads are not going to halt the 30% stock price tumble that has happened over the past few days.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I'm just hoping this drives Palm stock up a bit tomorrow. It'd be nice to end the week on a somewhat positive note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I'm just hoping this drives Palm stock up a bit tomorrow. It'd be nice to end the week on a somewhat positive note.
    I doubt it will. There is no substance in that letter. It is a lot of promises and non-tangible things.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I doubt it will. There is no substance in that letter. It is a lot of promises and non-tangible things.
    I don't know, actively sending out Palm employees to train Verizon people about their products and increasing advertising seems fairly substantial to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    That is not necessarily true and this shows some important things:

1.)Palm and Verizon are aware of the problem and accepting fault.
    2.)They acted quickly to acknowledge this and made a statement.
    3.)They intend on trying to resolve this issue and have already implemented one such program:

To accelerate sales, we initiated Project JumpStart nearly three weeks ago. Since then, nearly two hundred Palm Brand Ambassadors, supplemented by Palm employees from Sunnyvale, have been training Verizon sales reps across the U.S. on our products. Early results from the stores have already shown improvement on product knowledge and sales week over week.

A lot of people walk into a store not having their mind made up about what kind of phone they're going to walk out with and the sales people can heavily influence that decision. I'm betting Palm is kicking around more ideas about how to improve sales and strengthen their brand.

Remember the old Palm would have taken a long time to act on something like this and would have done something stupid like the Foleo. This is a new Palm company with innovative ideas like Ares, PDK, Flash and more.

I believe in this new Palm and I believe in Jon Rubinstein. They may not have the cash of Apple or Google but they are winning on great ideas and are the feisty, scrappy company that they need to be to make a come back.
    the palm ambassadors is what made the sprint launch so successful. doesn't anyone remember seeing the ambassadors help people fire up pandora on their pre's on launch day????

go rubenstein, go rubenstein!

remember, this guy designed the ipod. he knows what he's doing.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    The whole thing looks like too early for predicting sales. We just had the phone launched a month back. Verizon is advertising the phone. Just because Verizon sales staff is pushing DROID ? And folks buying it without checking the other phone ? hmm.Biggest concern is the money the 500 million they have will be enough to save them for another year or so.

This makes me think, the folks who come to buy smartphones at Verizon are not really smart.
    Hello "Can you hear me" ?
    Palm really just has to maret and demonstrate the product. People still find my webOS phones real cool.

Only few companies can ilicit oooh responses like that other than apple.
    I gotta say, if Project Jumpstart is that one rep who came in my store while we were dead for 2 hours, spent the whole time texting on his Sprint Pre, and asked one customer (who was already fuming about those $9.99 data plans on enV's) if they wanted to know about Palm ("...I'm all set..."), then I think they need to revise that program. Palm should be paying me on the side for the job I've done rallying my team behind webOS.

I need some Harvey Dent knock-off buttons made up. I BELIEVE IN WEBOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubenstein
    To accelerate sales, we initiated Project JumpStart nearly three weeks ago. Since then, nearly two hundred Palm Brand Ambassadors, supplemented by Palm employees from Sunnyvale, have been training Verizon sales reps across the U.S. on our products. Early results from the stores have already shown improvement on product knowledge and sales week over week.
    This is the part of his letter that just dropped my jaw. Over a month after Verizon's release Palm finally gets around to doing what should have been done over a month before the launch? That's one of the more amateurish stunts I've heard of in this industry in a while. Sounds like Palm was sitting around and waiting for the money to come rolling in. What pikers!
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
    the palm ambassadors is what made the sprint launch so successful. doesn't anyone remember seeing the ambassadors help people fire up pandora on their pre's on launch day????

go rubenstein, go rubenstein!

remember, this guy designed the ipod. he knows what he's doing.
    a great designer doesn't automatically make a good ceo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast