Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Do not feed the Trolls cause they will show up. :-). No negative vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    a dream that won't come true
    Dude, you probably should change your tag, at some point a mod is gonna see it. Its a PG forum. Not that I don't like it, but your inviting a PM from one of them...

On to the C40. What can I say, Webos on 4" with omap 4, Wimax, and SD expandable to 32gb and call it a day!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    exactly. 2.0!!! sounds so more bad@$$ to some then 1.3.5.1 hahah
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Dude, you probably should change your tag, at some point a mod is gonna see it. Its a PG forum. Not that I don't like it, but your inviting a PM from one of them...
    i'm sorry..could you enlighten me on what the rules are against this? not trying to knock you, i'm asking a serious question.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    off topic... PM that stuff...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    my only prob with the whole 'C40' things is that it's been in Sprint system for mnts... I dnt get that...
    Last edited by mrkalel; 02/25/2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    On to the C40. What can I say, Webos on 4" with omap 4, Wimax, and SD expandable to 32gb and call it a day!
    Winner!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    that's good news. I thought I was starting to understand a few thigs about the phone and how it wors but a few posts are confusing me.

even if they do make a new phone and put webOS 2.0 on it, my dated palm pre plus will still be able to do most of what the new phone will be able to do because of OTA updates, right?

please say "yes"
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    that's good news. I thought I was starting to understand a few thigs about the phone and how it wors but a few posts are confusing me.

even if they do make a new phone and put webOS 2.0 on it, my dated palm pre plus will still be able to do most of what the new phone will be able to do because of OTA updates, right?

please say "yes"
    My guess would be yes, as much as possible anyways. I would think they take the iPhone way and update the OS for everyone yet some things will only be available on the new phone because of new hardware (camera zoom/auto focus).
    This was somewhat predictable, amidst all the terrible news on wall street. Jon has to leak something to keep interest in investors and the public. As much as it bothered me when people said last year that this is make or break time for Palm (as we all knew they still had some wiggle room) I can't help but think about that now. This really is it for Palm. They have to knock this one out of the park. Don't cheap out on hardware. If I could make a recommendation - maybe you don't make as much profit this time around and get a 3rd party hardware company to make the devices (like HTC), much the same way Android started. Then when sales ramp up, bring it back in-house.

If a new device truly is coming, it should not be where Apple is headed - it's got to be further ahead of them. (Unfortunately, they are the market leader in wireless, there's no debate on that - and I'm not referring to anything else but popularity) When you first shipped the Pre, it was just weeks before the Apple announcement of their new iPhone. The Pre was on par (maybe slightly ahead) of the previous gen of the iPhone. The Pre got buried in Apple news. Then Apple leap-frogged with the 3GS. Many have speculated on what's ahead in the 4G model. The next gen Pre can not be on par and I can't stress that point enough. Pull a 180 on Apple this time. It must beat it by leaps and bounds. If it's good, people will pay for it. Look at what people are paying for a 3GS these days!

I would have someone at Palm sift through these forums, pick out all the ideas, thoughts and bug fixes that Pre users have shared - or better yet, have an official "what would you like to see in the next Pre" website. There's a ton of talented people out here that would love to know that you're listening to them and will give you that time. I know there's plenty of people on these forums who would offer their time and talents to help Palm survive.

I'm not giving up hope on Palm - I think they can still succeed, only if this next product blows everything out of the water. If it's just going to match what everyone else has, well.... then this may be the last Palm device we all own....

[might I also add that they should also sift through the iPhone forums and grab all those "public" ideas flying around that Apple shrugged off. That would really get the attention of the iPhone-rs]
    I just finished posting in another thread how commercials can be made to really get the audience's attention. I'm sure all of you remember this commercial:

I believe this is what made the Droid (along with the stealth fighter commercials) that arrived just weeks before Droid was released. It got everyone's attention and everyone knew something big was coming. There ya go Palm - make something like this - release it with a movie like Transformers or whatever big movie is coming out this summer and just watch how everyone will recognize your name again....
    God, I forgot how good that ad was.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    exactly. 2.0!!! sounds so more bad@$$ to some then 1.3.5.1 hahah
    Why do you think Apple revises the OS by 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc every year? All they do is add a weak update that seems like a new product. Trying not to hate too much on Apple, but it's true.

Sadly, it works too.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Hope that it is an back diamond plate metal cased 4g phone. With a metal slider.
    I'm not sure why people want these landscape slider phones. It's so awkward to have to slide that thing out and turn the phone around every single time you want to type something. Having come from the iPhone I am a fan of the virtual keyboards and am certain they are the future. When I was getting ready to switch phones keyboard was a major factor, I knew I couldn't do the landscape and I really wanted virtual but android just isn't up to snuff in my opinion. The Pre was a good compromise because it wasn't landscape and can be accessed quickly. I think Palm needs to launch something strictly virtual at this point in order to compete. They can release some with keyboards later for those that just insist but those numbers are dwindling as more and more actually try and get used to a virtual keyboard. This next device needs to be slim and sleek with a minimal amount of moving parts, look how Apple has done with it, even as many insisted from the beginning that they needed that physical keyboard.
    This is GREAT news. It will be just in time for me, as my contract THANK G-D will be up in Oct. No more 2 year contracts for me!

My guess it is the C40 on Sprint. I doubt they will release it on At&T first. Too much compitition with Iphone.

I have alwasy thought they rushed the PRE too much to get out before 3g Iphone announcement!

Why not compromise on which way it slides, either a slider that rotates or a wider phone, therefore a wider slider! (LOL)!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm curious about one thing though. The new phone does come out, can you transfer all of your downloaded content to the new handset or are you stuck with purchasing everything again.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    If Palm came out with at least a 4" screen and a faster webos, there would be no contest. It would be the handset to beat!!!
    c40 need a say more
    Wow I cant wait to get back on Palm's boat.Sad to say I had to jump ship after a month with Pre to the TP2.At the time time Pre wasn't ready for me but I still sneak my wife's Pre and keep it updated and would go back with the right hardware.Lets try 3.7 inch screen,sliding landscape keyboard,5mp cam...on front and back,4g wimax,everything web os brings.Whooo...maybe too much to ask for Palm?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast