Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im looking to adding videos to my palm Pre such as Movies, ect.

Im wondering what is the best video converter for the Palm Pre and what codecs are the best for it.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I use Videora. Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter It supports multicore computers, it's free (though ad heavy), and does what I need.
    +1 for Videora
    handbrake
    I use Magic Video Converter... but there is a lot more discussion - and instruction - here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-pixi.html
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Realplayer SP has a video converter. It's free. I've used it. Works great.
    I use Handbrake. Set it to itouch settings and ur good to go. It's free FTW!
  8.    #8  
    So whats actually the best setting for converting a video for the Pre. Like MPG4, AVC, and i forgot what other ones it uses. Screen resolution, audio codec. lol im a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    So whats actually the best setting for converting a video for the Pre. Like MPG4, AVC, and i forgot what other ones it uses. Screen resolution, audio codec. lol im a noob
    I've used them all and have settled on Handbrake as being my favorite. Just choose the setting for "iPhone & iPod Touch" since it is the same resolution and sets all of the codecs (MP4 H.264) for you. Very easy to use and does a fantastic job for me. Best of all, it's free with no huge banner ads to have to dodge like Videora.
    You should take a look at XMedia Recode. It even has a Palm Pre Profile that encodes mp4. On top of that, it's freeware. Works like a charm for me...
    Last edited by The_JD; 02/26/2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Typo
    I have used Handbrake and Mediacoder with good results. Both of them have iPhone presets. Use them and you will get a good video for your Pre.
    i use isquint for macs
    WinAVI MP4 converter, best one out there by a mile
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Realplayer SP has a video converter. It's free. I've used it. Works great.
    Same here. Just chose the Apple iPhone/iPod codec (h.264) instead of the Pre 3gp codec (h.263).
    Handbrake allows you to queue up videos and just let it rock.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I prefer "doubletwist". (Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3)

It's looks like iTunes. Just connect Pre as a USB drive and drag&drop video files on Pre.

It will convert on the fly...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    I prefer "doubletwist". (Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3)

It's looks like iTunes. Just connect Pre as a USB drive and drag&drop video files on Pre.

It will convert on the fly...
    Dude... what are you talking about? DoubleTwist is a music application, not a video converter.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Handbrake allows you to queue up videos and just let it rock.
    So does Realplayer. Drag and drop, let it run. No muss no fuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Dude... what are you talking about? DoubleTwist is a music application, not a video converter.

Doubletwist updated:

Download and convert any video to watch on your device. Just drag and drop; doubleTwist will convert to the correct format for your device.

Please check the web site...
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptooth View Post
    Doubletwist updated:

Download and convert any video to watch on your device. Just drag and drop; doubleTwist will convert to the correct format for your device.

Please check the web site...
    Really?? Sorry... I'll pull my foot out of my mouth if correct. I don't use DoubleTwist because of all of the screwy issues that program has with audio (doubles up audio files, doesn't manage library well). At least it didn't when I used the previous version. Is it any better now? Any issues?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast