Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Im looking to adding videos to my palm Pre such as Movies, ect.

    Im wondering what is the best video converter for the Palm Pre and what codecs are the best for it.
    Handbrake. Tell it to encode for iphone, and you're golden.
    : (){:|:&};:
  2.    #22  
    Is there any software specificly for the Palm Pre only?? like a program that has its own Presets for Palm Pre. I know the iphone settings are the same for palm pre but just wondering.
  3. #23  
    There are many, but to be honest, you can just use iTunes. I still have my iTunes with the version that still works with the Pre and it is really easy to do.
  4. #24  
    If you use Mark Space Missing sync to transfer data between your Mac and your Pre, it will also format your movies perfectly for the Pre when you drop them in the install box.

    Handbrake is also excellent.
  5. #25  
    Another handbrake user here. The iPhone setting looks tits.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  6. #26  
    I used Videora a couple of times. It takes up so much memory on the phone, I decided to only do it to my IPod which has 16 g of memory. It wasn't a problem, but took a long time to put on the phone.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    There are many, but to be honest, you can just use iTunes. I still have my iTunes with the version that still works with the Pre and it is really easy to do.
    i dont recall itunes being able to sync or convert videos for the palm pre...
  8. #28  
    I've been using DVD Catalyst Free. Set it to iPhone setting and adjust to the quality youd like. Renders the movie, perfectly, and saves a ton of space, and it's FREE! I've been using it for my last few phones, and it's pretty much ***** proof. Hope you try it.

    Tools4Movies, Official home of DVD Catalyst
  9. #29  
    The process of ripping movies and converting them takes a considerable amount of time on most of them. The faster your processor on your computer the faster the conversion.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    I've been using DVD Catalyst Free. Set it to iPhone setting and adjust to the quality youd like. Renders the movie, perfectly, and saves a ton of space, and it's FREE! I've been using it for my last few phones, and it's pretty much ***** proof. Hope you try it.
    Be warned, my McAffe SiteAdvisor plug-in alerted me on that site.

    It said one of the files they tested contained a virus (although this may be a false positive).

    That being said, ripping DVD's isn't necessarily illegal, but decrypting the DRM on DVD's or any media file is illegal due to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, or DMCA (I hate the DMCA...)
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofurkeymeister View Post
    Be warned, my McAffe SiteAdvisor plug-in alerted me on that site.

    It said one of the files they tested contained a virus (although this may be a false positive).

    That being said, ripping DVD's isn't necessarily illegal, but decrypting the DRM on DVD's or any media file is illegal due to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, or DMCA (I hate the DMCA...)

    I'm running AVG and I've never had a problem. Been using it across a few PC's and it's always worked with. It's on CNET also as a good proggy, so i'm thinking false positive.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    I'm running AVG and I've never had a problem. Been using it across a few PC's and it's always worked with. It's on CNET also as a good proggy, so i'm thinking false positive.
    tested spyware and virus free if youre more comfortable from there.

    DVD Catalyst Free - Free Mobile software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
  13.    #33  
    I really dont know what to choose... So many different responses with different converters!
  14.    #35  
    Im starting to hear more handbrakes, anyone else have opinions?
  15. #36  
    I mainly use Super(c):

    SUPER &copy

    Not very well known but it's a great gui for converting to/from just about any format. The GUI is free and all the included software is open source (such as ffmpeg, etc.)
  16. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabarcorp View Post
    Im starting to hear more handbrakes, anyone else have opinions?
    Which one do you like best?

    Handbrake and WinFF just seem to work from my experience. Never heard of SuperC, tho. Basically... anything that's open source and works is what you want. They all accomplish the same task.
  17.    #38  
    I've tried handbrake and it works pretty good but the video seems to be kinda laggy, cant notice it very much but i would like to see what other people have to say.
  18.    #39  
    I picked the iPhone preset tho
  19. #40  
    I use format factory - it is FREE and pretty powerful.www pcfreetime dot com

    It converts video and audio into about any format you want.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions