Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know lots of people have been complaining about this issue and I found out why it is happening. I doctored my phone yesterday and signed in to my Palm account to restore all my apps. Today I was hit with the "Applications Update" and when I clicked on the button no applications needed to be updated. I then launched the App Catalog and realized that Pandora was updated today but I had deleted Pndora a while back. Sure enough, I downloaded it again and the update went away. Looks like there is a bug in WebOS when you delete an app and the phone backs up you will get an update notification if that app gets updated.

Just an FYI....
    I thought this was known? I downloaded Sudoku a long *** time ago and, because I deleted it, I always get this message.
    Ok, grrrr... Now, I just need to figure out which app I deleted that's causing the problem.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Yeah, I had found the same solution with a different game and posted here about it.

I think I'll put a link to your post in that thread since one of the Palm support guys also posted there.

Nice to see some confirmation of what's causing it.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I know what the problem is for mine. I downloaded the free version of Flight Viewer a looong time ago and since deleted the app. A few weeks back I Dr.'d my Pre and Flight Viewer showed back up but would not download. Probably because I did not pay for it. Now I refuse to purchase this app just to get rid of this silly notification but I obviously have a corruption in my Palm Profile some where and I dont know how to get rid of it.
    I have a idea,,ignore it,,if phone works fine,as in,,does not affect operation of the device,,screw it.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Its just really annoying! Especially now that I am checking every few minutes!
    its been doing this to me for over a month,,,guess I just don't give a dam.
    I don't have a clue why this would work, but it was suggested in another thread about this so I tried it...

I updated the PRL from the Phone App preferences, and viola, back to "up to date". haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Wish I would have seen the PRL trick before. Oh well, I was bored/curious if it'd fix my problem. Now I have the Infopedia app.
    I sometimes get that message but a luna restart always clears it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    ANNOYING! I have no clue what/how many apps I've installed then deleted. PRL did nothing for me.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    no it never does, I restart my phone nearly every day
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    This is stupid!!

I checked the app updates and Ypmobile was the only update, I clicked update all and I still get the message to Show Updates for applications when I check for an update!! Aggravating...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Update PRL didn't work; and Restart Luna didn't work.

Wondering whether the 1.4 update notification will display.
    same problem here. I have deleted countless free apps and have no idea which ones. Is there a fix anywhere! I don't even use preware and I have thi problem
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    If anyone still has the Beta version of YouView try and delete that and see if the 'update alert' goes away. I think that has been phased out for the paid version and is causing the false app alert.. . (for some people anyways)
    someone try going into web browser and clearing cache and cookies and see if that helps . I had this issue but can't remember how I fixed it lol. It was a simple fix though. Like a partial erase or clearing cache and cookies or something like that ha!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Youview delete/download full didn't work for me. Neither did the clear browser. Keep the ideas coming though. One's gotta work.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    someone try going into web browser and clearing cache and cookies and see if that helps . I had this issue but can't remember how I fixed it lol. It was a simple fix though. Like a partial erase or clearing cache and cookies or something like that ha!
    I just tried clearing history/cookies/cache. That didn't help so then I rebooted. As I'm waiting for it to restart, I realize that it takes longer for my phone to reboot than my Macbook. And that didn't work either.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast