Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShArK *** View Post
    I saw 2 kids have it at my highschool.
    Ok, this explains a lot about your recent posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by undisputed59 View Post
    I have had my Pre since launch in June. Today, I was sitting in the drive-thru at at local fast-food restaurant, and through the window, I noticed a girl texting on a cell-phone. Now I see this everyday, but I happened to notice the mirrored back of her device, and low and behold, she closed the slider and put the phone down to reveal the beatiful pebble that is the Palm Pre. I have been an avid surfer of precentral.net, and I have my phone home-brewed to death. At least 20 times a day, I check precentral and Preware to get the latest scoop on how to trick out my phone. Someone, please tell me how it can be that this is the FIRST TIME I've ever seen anyone in person holding a new palm handset. I have a few friends that still use their Treos, but I can't believe that I haven't seen a Pre or Pixi out in the wild with my own eyes. This is very upsetting to me... I just wanted to vent my disappointment. Thanks.
    To me this is looking like HD-DVD Blu Ray all over again. HD DVD was the superior product at the time by a long shot, but Toshiba didn't market it well, and didn't have the money to market it better. The funny thing though was Sony had to take a $967 million dollar loan from their government in order to win the battle over HD DVD. So, a year after HDDVD's demise, Blu Ray began to finally have the features that made HD DVD superior to it, and it is here as the main format. BUT, it wasn't the best at the time.

The lesson here is this. Android is NOT a better OS then WebOS. We all know that, but it has Google behind it. UNLIMITED FUNDS!!!!

I hope it doesn't go away. WebOS is so good I would love to have it on a tablet pc or a mini pc some day. Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen, but WebOS may be the next HD DVD.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Man, that's a good analogy. Hopefully it does not come to fruition.
    all those people that dont have a Pre (or a webOS phone) just dont know what they are missing out on...

i hear apple is tightening up on jailbroken phones and trying to force firmware updates...if thats the case maybe all those jailbreakers will look for a REAL phone that welcomes homebrew, webOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I've seen a few - but I don't really care if there are lots around or not. If the Pre 2 comes out and it is awesome - great, I'll probably get one. However, if Sprint has a better phone (Droid 2?) in June
    I haven't heard anything on a Pre 2.. but I have heard lots of buzz on release of a 4G Android OS phone - the Supersonic. But shh. And no, I am not promoting Android. :X
  6.    #26  
    This is why I love this entire community. I just posted a little rant, and now there are some really interesting points on the board. I love it how a few of my friends with iphones still complement me on my webos. I do see big things for palm, and (perhaps ill-advised) just bought some shares of palm...
    I've seen 2 customers come in with them at work and heard the stoxk pre ring a couple times. I told bothpeople about precentral and patches etc.. But they didn't seem so interested... I see lots of iphones and blackberrys... I love my pre. My wife is tired of me obsessing with it. I came from carrying a dumbphone, a tungsten e2 and a nano...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyg41 View Post
    Ok, this explains a lot about your recent posts.
    Haha
    Live the Pre life.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am responsible for four Pres being out there. Mine, my daughters, my wifes and my sisters.
    I really haven't seen any out in the wild yet but I have one for you all.
    Just tonight someone asked if my Pre was a Pixie. No offense to the Pixie. I love the form factor.

On the up side he was excited when he heard it was actually a Pre.
    I see more Pre's than I do iPhones when I'm working that customers will pull out. Must be a lot more here in Kansas than where you live.
    I have seen one person in class with a Pre, but I've also only seen one Droid, so it evens out. I see more dumbphones than anything. I can't count the many times ive seen an LG Rumor 2 while walking down the hallways.
    LG Rumor -> HTC Touch -> Palm Pixi -> Palm Pre+ (if they ever bring it to Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    I see more Pre's than I do iPhones when I'm working that customers will pull out. Must be a lot more here in Kansas than where you live.
    Kansas City = Sprint Mothership.
    Here at my college, I see fellow students with them, maybe 2 or 3 today. Today in one of my classes in an auditorium, I noticed a girl sneaking texts with a Pre.
    Also, one of my 3 apartment-mates has a Pre.
    He is so ignorant, didn't even know there was a 1.4 update coming when I vented about it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by a2thejay23 View Post
    all those people that dont have a Pre (or a webOS phone) just dont know what they are missing out on...

i hear apple is tightening up on jailbroken phones and trying to force firmware updates...if thats the case maybe all those jailbreakers will look for a REAL phone that welcomes homebrew, webOS...
    you are right. I upgraded my iPhone to 3.1.3, and it ruined the unlock and jailbreak. I had to find and download the old 3.1.2, and force my iPhone to revert to it. But now I sold it and have a Pre
    Me, my hubby and our two
    kids have Pres... So I see
    someone using it all the time.
    hmm i thought i was the only one w/ a palm pre, i've yet to run into anyone w/ one, i was at best buy and saw people buying on black friday but that's it..

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Just about all the tech guys at my local best buy have pre's the 2 sprint store I visit all have pre's. Seen maybe 3-4 in the wild on random people.. Its pretty rare to see one but when you do makes you feel good about it.

I see more on tv shows though
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12