Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4 Software Update

On 2/26, Friday evening, Pre and Pixi device users will receive an Over the Air (OTA) notification to download the new 1.4 webOS software release.

This release includes both fixes and feature updates (listed below).

Fixes:
    Time Zone bug fixed
    Network time sync bug fixed to reflect accurate Network time
    Bluetooth car-kit transition to device corrected
    No EV icon bug fixed (random)
    Random browser formatting bugs fixed
    Fixed bug that incorrectly displayed Sprint when actually was Digital Roaming
    Missing Contact issue specifically with swap down to 1.2.9.1 or less

Feature Updates:
    Phonebook Transfer (import & export)
    Adds Video Capture capability & edit
    Calendar Enhancements
    Messaging Enhancements
    Improved Performance (Phone & CAL)
    Email Enhancements
    Notification Enhancements
    Adds Adobe Flash 10.0 (Pre Only)
    NOTE: The 1.4 software adds the ability to use the Flash 10.0 Adobe plug-in which will be available shortly from the Palm Appl Catalogue.

To ensure you have the latest software, troubleshoot your device, or learn more about specific features/enhancements, please visit the Support website.

Im taking it with a grain of salt but hopeful thinking.

ER81
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    got a link

NM found it..... Sprint Forums

Seems it was posted by a sprint admin so must have some weight to it....
    It would be awesome if they pushed it back one day every day!
    its true, from sprint admin on forums

Palm WebOS Phones:Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4 Software...
    Well now that looks official. Looks like we actually have date and approximate time.
    This needs to be stickied to stop all the crazy people on this forum from continuing the useless banter. (And then they wonder why people don't use the forum's "search" function. Because 75% is full of nonsense, which is difficult to sift through).
    Well, I can't think of a nicer way to spend Friday night! Nothing like hanging at the forum with all the other Pre owners, anticipating that first post that it's finally out, then having everyone blog second by second how the update is downloading, then installing....then seeing the first home made videos from the Pre....sounds like fun to me!

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I guess I can stop hitting the refresh button every 30 seconds on the update app now...
    This is the first useful 1.4 thread that's been posted here. Thanks for the info
    community.sprint.com-baw-message-151786#151786

It's up on the Sprint Forum posted by izzyks listed as Sprint Admin

Sorry I dcoulc not post the actual link. turn the - into /
    Now everyone knows and don't have to keep hitting the Update icon every 5 minutes and then posting an angry thread immediately after... lol
    wait hold on there, that is their forum, it wasn't sprint releasing it, it was just a user posting that so can someone find where this person got that information because if not then it's just speculation.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I forgot all about the Sprint forums....lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    wait hold on there, that is their forum, it wasn't sprint releasing it, it was just a user posting that so can someone find where this person got that information because if not then it's just speculation.
    the person is an admin on their forum. they sound like they are with sprint if you look through their other posts. this sounds legit.
    Well... it was posted by a Sprint Admin... so I'm thinking this is the real deal this time around.
    its from a sprint admin, stickied thread
    idk it's still speculation to me unless sprint releases a statment, forum admin is not enough to confince me. let me do some more reaseach.

by all means i hope i'm wrong though

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    This is bad news. This update has to be delayed! We will have nothing to talk about once the update comes out. Please, call palm and ask them to delay 1.4 as long as possible. The very life of this forum depends on it!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Solid... thanks for posting this. I'd also forgot all about Sprint as potential source of real information.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast