Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mmm... Nice car. But I think i'll stick to my SRT8 thanks. :P
    twin turbo, magniflow, is coming soon but does 14.9 stock so give me time
    if u drop my truck outta a plane it would prolly have enough drag to do a 1/4 mile in only 13sec lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    not true according to physics class that according to newton, everything drops at a constant 9.8 meters per second so if that's true, it would take longer then 13 seconds and if the plane was att legal altitude
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    not true according to physics class that according to newton, everything drops at a constant 9.8 meters per second so if that's true, it would take longer then 13 seconds and if the plane was att legal altitude

No everything ACCELERATES at 9.8 metres per second per second (i.e. speed increases by 9.8 metres per second ever second until it reaches terminal velocity where friction of the air prevents any further acceleration)
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    No everything ACCELERATES at 9.8 metres per second per second (i.e. speed increases by 9.8 metres per second ever second until it reaches terminal velocity where friction of the air prevents any further acceleration)
    Aww Snap! Physics Ownd!
    HTC 6700 > HTC6800 > Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I got a 10sec honda that will smoke all of ya for 1/5 the price...

Let me go back to sleep and i'll prove it
    Sigh.....I miss my LT1 z28.....HOWEVER...GTO coming soon...the motor is too much of a deal to pass on.

...I thought this was a cell phone site?
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    All objects fall at the same rate with negligible air resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    I got a 10sec honda that will smoke all of ya for 1/5 the price...

Let me go back to sleep and i'll prove it

very do-able, get a CRX and drop a K20 w/ drag slicks low 12's guaranteed w/ only bolt ons and Kpro.

Drop turbo on it 10's is do-able if you can find enought traction lol

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    SW FL. You can beat me if your car runs better than 12s in the 1/4
    How low in the 12's are you? Awesome rear shot of your Camaro (Hope none of my Maverick buddies see this post!). I'm hoping to just dip into the 12's when I put the 3.80's in my Grabber. I knocked .4 off my previous best when I put them in the 77 with the same drivetrain.

Sorry to keep this off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever View Post
    All objects fall at the same rate with negligible air resistance.
    You basically just said the same thing. And most people don't live in a vacuum.
    Nevermind, this thread is not going back on topic any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You basically just said the same thing. And most people don't live in a vacuum.
    Wow..never thought this discussion would ever pop up on a pre discussion board..haha..But I disagree with your comment. His post states that air resistance plays a major role of an object reaching terminal velocity. I was just saying I think it plays a very negligible role in an object reaching terminal velocity. ah hell doesn't matter anyway..It's Friday let's get that update!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue4ever View Post
    Wow..never thought this discussion would ever pop up on a pre discussion board..haha..But I disagree with your comment. His post states that air resistance plays a major role of an object reaching terminal velocity. I was just saying I think it plays a very negligible role in an object reaching terminal velocity. ah hell doesn't matter anyway..It's Friday let's get that update!
    Hehe, very true. Ok no more off topic from me. Well, after this.

It is rather negligible for many objects, but it has a very significant effect between a feather and a bowling ball (my favorite example from physics class ). In a vacuum, they would accelerate at the same rate.
    I would have smoked you all with my 1966 Supercharged 427 750 hp AC Cobra.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    We have to wait till the evening? That sucks.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    very do-able, get a CRX and drop a K20 w/ drag slicks low 12's guaranteed w/ only bolt ons and Kpro.

Drop turbo on it 10's is do-able if you can find enought traction lol
    I'd rather pimp my del sol
    Last edited by helidos; 02/26/2010 at 11:18 AM.
    I'm running a low 13sec mini cooper S.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I like that FoMoCo body part below the driver's side turn signal!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast