Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    go to macworld and see what they have to say about palm's smartphones.... I hated to read it, but it's fact. I still love this phone...
    "The Pre is nice..."
    this is awful
    Quote Originally Posted by pdiddyfan View Post
    go to macworld and see what they have to say about palm's smartphones.... I hated to read it, but it's fact. I still love this phone...
    Seriously you are going to rely on macworld for your information. GTFO right now!!

-Toaster
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    ^^^ lol
    Is anyone else disappointed with this update's change log? I think I'd be more excited about an update if A LOT was included in one update rather than little bits in multiple updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    yeah, i have an 05 rsx lol, you are probably the only person who has ever told me though lol
    I got a 06' NHBP RSX- Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    Is anyone else disappointed with this update's change log? I think I'd be more excited about an update if A LOT was included in one update rather than little bits in multiple updates...
    I personally would rather get a little new stuff and some bug fixes once a month than wait 6 months or more and get a bunch of stuff. It keeps everything fresh and gets people excited about something, which is good for all of us, Palm included.
    Updates....A thing of true beauty.....just ask all those Samsung Instinct users........
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Link???
    link?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    What's the deal with all the "enhancements?"

The changelogs usually detail every little change, regardless of how small it is.

Like changing the font in the clock on the lock screen. Not really worth mentioning, but they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well, I can't think of a nicer way to spend Friday night! Nothing like hanging at the forum with all the other Pre owners, anticipating that first post that it's finally out, then having everyone blog second by second how the update is downloading, then installing....then seeing the first home made videos from the Pre....sounds like fun to me!

Hellll yeah. Hehe.

But friday is poker night
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    this friday night ill be at the bulls game. could have used the video there. lol
    Here is my question. When the link was first posted it read....

NOTE: The 1.4 software adds the ability to use the Flash 10.0 Adobe plug-in which will be available shortly from the Palm Appl Catalogue.

10.0 Flash? *** is that? Catalogue? *** is that? Is it possible someone made their way into sprints community section and posted it? Did anyone else see these misspellings???
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayman86 View Post
    this friday night ill be at the bulls game. could have used the video there. lol
    Why?

Jordan, Pippen, Cartwright, Armstrong, Paxson and Grant aint playing no more.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Why?

paxson is still here. lol

gotta root for dwayne wades (soon-to-be) team. lol
    Pixi Update is coming later. i may or maynot work for Sprint

"Palm webOS 1.4 Software Update for Palm® Pre™ and Pixi™
    This software update will be available for the Palm Pre on 2/26/10 and for the Palm Pixi on 2/28/10.

When an update is available, Palm sends a message to the phone and the phone will download the update in the background and the user will receive a notification that an update is available and ready to be installed. Customers can manually check which software version they have by opening the launcher, moving to the 3rd card, and tapping on Updates.

After installation, verify the software has been updated by opening Device Info and scrolling down to verify version Palm webOS 1.4 and Configuration Sprint 2.2. Some of the new updates include:

Ability to export from the address book to any other device.
    Supports Video Capture capability (video can be uploaded directly to You Tube, Facebook or shared via email or MMS).
    Calendar enhancements including dial numbers from a meeting event, custom alert sounds reminders, added a.m. and p.m. detail to calendar events.
    Email enhancements including custom alerts sounds/tones, add contacts from email, sort options, return to inbox view after sending email.
    Messaging enhancements including the ability to forward SMS to email, dial number from SMS chat.
    Universal Search now includes outlook exchange corporate address look up.
    Blinking notification indicator alerts the customer whether they have missed a call, received a new text or email.
    "
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Updates....A thing of true beauty.....just ask all those Samsung Instinct users........
    the instinct was a piece of ***** phone. sprint should pay me back for that phone. i still have the first phone when it frist came out. i jus use it for contacts.
    Will we now be able to also RECEIVE MMS videos as well? Whenever my wife sends me a video from her Instinct I can never open it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Why?

They don't have too bad of a team right now. They're getting there again.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast